Shopping Discussion

StockTrack - Inventory Checker tool for some Canadian B&M stores

  • Last Updated:
  • Dec 3rd, 2020 1:39 pm
Deal Expert
Jan 7, 2002
21116 posts
15075 upvotes
Waterloo, ON
actng wrote: site's down again
actng wrote: still down
I'm sure the OP would be glad to refund 100% of what you're paying for the site :twisted:
veni, vidi, Visa
Deal Expert
Nov 2, 2003
15903 posts
2159 upvotes
GTA
bylo wrote: I'm sure the OP would be glad to refund 100% of what you're paying for the site :twisted:
*
second who's complaining or asking for refund? reporting the status of the site esp when it's down potentially helps identify intermittent problems.
Last edited by MrDisco on Apr 17th, 2020 8:17 am, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: rude
Deal Expert
Nov 2, 2003
15903 posts
2159 upvotes
GTA
seafish wrote: It's up now, but it was not stable lately even after I doubled CPU/RAM on the server (thanks for those occasional donations from some people, btw!)
yea it's up now but slower than before... maybe not twice as slow but just under that ?
thanks!
Deal Expert
Jan 7, 2002
21116 posts
15075 upvotes
Waterloo, ON
*
second who's complaining or asking for refund?
It was meant as a joke, i.e. since you're getting the service for free I'm sure that @seafish would be happy to refund 100% of what you paid.
veni, vidi, Visa
Deal Addict
User avatar
Apr 10, 2011
4916 posts
7380 upvotes
Montreal
Hi @seafish,

Maybe you could contact Shoppers again about letting you have access to their inventory.

New argument: it would bring down the number of people going store to store hunting for deals and spreading the virus around to their employees.
[OP]
Deal Addict
Aug 3, 2008
4855 posts
9237 upvotes
Ottawa
pointx wrote: Seafish, would it be possible to rework this SDM check availability tool to track inventory for products like Switches? Thanks for the tool you've created!

*note hyperlink in text*
This is how it worked before on stocktrack. Now it only works for limited game titles (in a very dumb way tbh, they just dump full list of available UPCs and stores where they are available)
Newbie
Dec 8, 2018
27 posts
20 upvotes
Hi,

I was wondering how stocktrack works for Walmart?

There was a location nearby that showed them having 60 of this (PPE related) item yesterday. I went in and they said they do not have any and have not had any in weeks. I saw today stocktrack showed they had 57, then later 55, checking again just now stocktrack shows that they have 25. But when I went in again today, they said they did not have any and have not had any.

The same thing happened earlier this week, stocktrack showed them having 18 (same PPE item), however, when I went in and asked, they said they haven't had any in weeks.

I do understand that there could be items that were stolen or some items might be in the back and are not out yet, which could account for showing stock but not having any on the shelves. But when the inventory number keeps moving, I would think they are getting and selling product. However, they are not saying they just sold out, they say they haven't had any in weeks.

Any idea why it would show inventory and have inventory numbers change throughout the day, while staff are saying they haven't had any in weeks?
[OP]
Deal Addict
Aug 3, 2008
4855 posts
9237 upvotes
Ottawa
Canuckfanhere wrote: Hi,

I was wondering how stocktrack works for Walmart?

There was a location nearby that showed them having 60 of this (PPE related) item yesterday. I went in and they said they do not have any and have not had any in weeks. I saw today stocktrack showed they had 57, then later 55, checking again just now stocktrack shows that they have 25. But when I went in again today, they said they did not have any and have not had any.

The same thing happened earlier this week, stocktrack showed them having 18 (same PPE item), however, when I went in and asked, they said they haven't had any in weeks.

I do understand that there could be items that were stolen or some items might be in the back and are not out yet, which could account for showing stock but not having any on the shelves. But when the inventory number keeps moving, I would think they are getting and selling product. However, they are not saying they just sold out, they say they haven't had any in weeks.

Any idea why it would show inventory and have inventory numbers change throughout the day, while staff are saying they haven't had any in weeks?
Other people (including myself) reported the same thing regarding sanitizers and other PPE.
I think the consensus is that they keep those items that are currently in high demand either for themselves and their friends or they release for sale in small batches for some people like elderly. Check this thread for example.
If stock count does not change then it's probably phantom stock.
Numbers that are shown in stocktrack are what's in Walmart system.
Newbie
Dec 8, 2018
27 posts
20 upvotes
seafish wrote: Other people (including myself) reported the same thing regarding sanitizers and other PPE.
I think the consensus is that they keep those items that are currently in high demand either for themselves and their friends or they release for sale in small batches for some people like elderly. Check this thread for example.
If stock count does not change then it's probably phantom stock.
Numbers that are shown in stocktrack are what's in Walmart system.
Thanks, that's what I was thinking as well. Assuming they are keeping it for themselves. If they put out 60 of this product during the day, there is no way it would last even 20 minutes. Let alone go down slowly throughout the day, even now, it shows 22. So they must have just sold/given to some friends just before closing the store for the day.
[OP]
Deal Addict
Aug 3, 2008
4855 posts
9237 upvotes
Ottawa
Canuckfanhere wrote: Thanks, that's what I was thinking as well. Assuming they are keeping it for themselves. If they put out 60 of this product during the day, there is no way it would last even 20 minutes. Let alone go down slowly throughout the day, even now, it shows 22. So they must have just sold/given to some friends just before closing the store for the day.
I just have to warn in case you or someone else wants to go to Walmart and use stocktrack as a point of reference when dealing with employees. Please, don't. This will probably end up ruining the possibility of getting this information for everyone else. (like it did for SDM and to some degree for Canadian Tire)
Deal Addict
User avatar
Apr 10, 2011
4916 posts
7380 upvotes
Montreal
Canuckfanhere wrote: Hi,

I was wondering how stocktrack works for Walmart?

There was a location nearby that showed them having 60 of this (PPE related) item yesterday. I went in and they said they do not have any and have not had any in weeks. I saw today stocktrack showed they had 57, then later 55, checking again just now stocktrack shows that they have 25. But when I went in again today, they said they did not have any and have not had any.

The same thing happened earlier this week, stocktrack showed them having 18 (same PPE item), however, when I went in and asked, they said they haven't had any in weeks.

I do understand that there could be items that were stolen or some items might be in the back and are not out yet, which could account for showing stock but not having any on the shelves. But when the inventory number keeps moving, I would think they are getting and selling product. However, they are not saying they just sold out, they say they haven't had any in weeks.

Any idea why it would show inventory and have inventory numbers change throughout the day, while staff are saying they haven't had any in weeks?
From experience, I would be tempted to trust StockTrack over a Walmart employee.
I the past, when it used to work for Shoppers, for fun, I would watch the inventory numbers of the items I just bought go down exactly by the quantities I just purchased.
I would take with a grain of salt anything a Walmart "associate" says.
Today, she/he is in the shoe department, tomorrow, she/he will be selling toys and next week... who knows.
Walmart have huge back-stores with lots of stuff..

Top

Thread Information

There are currently 3 users viewing this thread. (2 members and 1 guest)

kireshantht, RicC56105