Shopping Discussion

StockTrack - Inventory Checker tool for some Canadian B&M stores

• Last Updated:
  • Nov 21st, 2020 7:17 pm
Dec 8, 2018
27 posts
20 upvotes
seafish wrote: I just have to warn in case you or someone else wants to go to Walmart and use stocktrack as a point of reference when dealing with employees. Please, don't. This will probably end up ruining the possibility of getting this information for everyone else. (like it did for SDM and to some degree for Canadian Tire)
I would never tell them "well stocktrack said you have "x" amount". There would be no point anyhow, it's not like they would think they are busted and bring them out for me anyway.

I do not know how to quote the other person that responded just above me. But is this actually live tracking inventory? I know it is obviously tracking more than once a day, since the PPE item has slowly gone down throughout the day.
[OP]
Deal Addict
Aug 3, 2008
4827 posts
9074 upvotes
Ottawa
Canuckfanhere wrote: I would never tell them "well stocktrack said you have "x" amount". There would be no point anyhow, it's not like they would think they are busted and bring them out for me anyway.

I do not know how to quote the other person that responded just above me. But is this actually live tracking inventory? I know it is obviously tracking more than once a day, since the PPE item has slowly gone down throughout the day.
Walmart does not update stock numbers right after the sale, there is a delay between 30 minutes and 1 hour.
Deal Addict
Apr 10, 2011
4768 posts
7109 upvotes
Montreal
seafish wrote: I just have to warn in case you or someone else wants to go to Walmart and use stocktrack as a point of reference when dealing with employees. Please, don't. This will probably end up ruining the possibility of getting this information for everyone else. (like it did for SDM and to some degree for Canadian Tire)
Maybe that warning is so important for the future of StockTrack that it should be on top of your OP in big red letters.
Jul 2, 2011
249 posts
157 upvotes
Pickering, ON
TRUTH!! I have to quote this for emphasis. I would have to be extremely immature and selfish to risk ruining something this valuable for the whole group just to try getting a deal for myself! If it means I miss out on a deal even when I know it's unfair, so be it!! (been there, done that LOL)

Tom
Last edited by tom_no.1 on Apr 5th, 2020 9:38 am, edited 1 time in total.
Jul 2, 2011
249 posts
157 upvotes
Pickering, ON
Temporel wrote: Maybe that warning is so important for the future of StockTrack that it should be on top of your OP in big red letters.
Agreed!
Jul 5, 2017
78 posts
36 upvotes
PSA but I checked with a local Walmart that shows it has the Nintendo Switch - and even verified by going onto their own website which shows limited availability - but upon calling they said they didn't have any in the front or back. So YMMV (of course).
Deal Addict
Dec 16, 2011
2628 posts
1003 upvotes
QC, Canada
My experience (more than 10 times) is that the clerk simply doesn't care. He prefer to say he don't have the item and not even check than taking is time to check himself. You either have to find it yourself (9/10 they had the item somewhere but they said they don't have it first) or to find another clerk to help you find it. My advice : go find it yourself, it's way easier and faster
Deal Addict
Aug 21, 2007
2467 posts
1686 upvotes
Seems that looking up walmart items is returning "Error" (in red) for the Status and Stock columns
Apr 10, 2020
5 posts
4 upvotes
Thanks, this is really helpful!
Do you have plans to actually add stock tracking, so that one can get a notification when something is coming back in stock? Online or in store?
Also, maybe price tracking notification (in-store would be really helpful so see when your local store put something on clearance that you're looking for)
Thanks again!
[OP]
Deal Addict
Aug 3, 2008
4827 posts
9074 upvotes
Ottawa
MLgunner wrote: Thanks, this is really helpful!
Do you have plans to actually add stock tracking, so that one can get a notification when something is coming back in stock? Online or in store?
Also, maybe price tracking notification (in-store would be really helpful so see when your local store put something on clearance that you're looking for)
Thanks again!
I actually was trying to catch some sanitizer when it comes back in stock so I created a notification for myself to get alerts when some products are coming back in stock. So far I just add products that I'm interested in manually. I will need to come up with some UI for this option to be available to other stocktrack users, but it seems to be working (at least for me with limited testing, sanitizer is yet to be caught). Didn't do price alrerts yet.
Will have to add some sorts of accounts to keep email addresses where to send alerts and to make sure emails are valid.
Deal Expert
Nov 2, 2003
15867 posts
2129 upvotes
GTA
can you make dark mode option please?
Deal Addict
Oct 2, 2013
2313 posts
2195 upvotes
Montreal
seafish wrote: I actually was trying to catch some sanitizer when it comes back in stock so I created a notification for myself to get alerts when some products are coming back in stock. So far I just add products that I'm interested in manually. I will need to come up with some UI for this option to be available to other stocktrack users, but it seems to be working (at least for me with limited testing, sanitizer is yet to be caught). Didn't do price alrerts yet.
Will have to add some sorts of accounts to keep email addresses where to send alerts and to make sure emails are valid.
If you need help, I am free to help... Not much to do right now.
Deal Addict
Apr 5, 2007
1574 posts
691 upvotes
Canada
seafish wrote: I actually was trying to catch some sanitizer when it comes back in stock so I created a notification for myself to get alerts when some products are coming back in stock. So far I just add products that I'm interested in manually. I will need to come up with some UI for this option to be available to other stocktrack users, but it seems to be working (at least for me with limited testing, sanitizer is yet to be caught). Didn't do price alrerts yet.
Hand sanitizers can be found:
https://www.completehealthcaresupplies. ... p_335.html
https://www.surgo.com/hand-sanitizer
https://ca.shopatshowcase.com/products/ ... 4671376450

Thread Information

There is currently 1 user viewing this thread. (1 member and 0 guests)

blakjak