Shopping Discussion

StockTrack - Inventory Checker tool for some Canadian B&M stores

  • Last Updated:
  • Oct 27th, 2020 7:28 pm
Deal Addict
Dec 26, 2014
3684 posts
3347 upvotes
Winnipeg, MB
Every day I too am reminded of how garbage Walmart's inventory system is.

Went today to find something that one store supposedly had 5 of. Not only could I not find a single unit of it, there wasn't even a shelf tag in the area it was supposed to be in! Double-checking on Stocktrack shows that they've "had" 5 since last year, meaning that even before Covid hit there wasn't any kind of inventory done that caught the discrepancy.

I found multiple other items that there were physically 1 or more in front of me that their inventory said they didn't have at all.
Jr. Member
Mar 31, 2011
170 posts
135 upvotes
Cambridge, ON
EB stock seems to be not working. Checked three different SKUs, all came back 0 in stock everywhere, then a popup error appears.
Buying things you don't need is what RFD is all about.
Jr. Member
Mar 31, 2011
170 posts
135 upvotes
Cambridge, ON
Love the price history aspect, hope you can get it implemented for CT & HD before BF.
Buying things you don't need is what RFD is all about.
Deal Addict
Dec 26, 2014
3684 posts
3347 upvotes
Winnipeg, MB
Blustreak wrote: EB stock seems to be not working. Checked three different SKUs, all came back 0 in stock everywhere, then a popup error appears.
I believe the EB one just goes off purely whether the buttons are there or not.

Also you don't use the number from the URL, you use the "Product Code" a bit further down the page. It doesn't really work because their site is goofy.
Deal Addict
Dec 26, 2014
3684 posts
3347 upvotes
Winnipeg, MB
Blustreak wrote: Love the price history aspect, hope you can get it implemented for CT & HD before BF.
Regarding this - is there any way to see price history on mobile?
Newbie
Aug 7, 2019
1 posts
Anyone having issues with the accuracy of this? Some walmart locations show its available but when I call the person says no
Deal Addict
Dec 26, 2014
3684 posts
3347 upvotes
Winnipeg, MB
seafish wrote: Tap and hold
Ah yes thank you. I swear I was trying that before and it wasn't working but it's possible I really just suck lol.
lunarblade wrote: Anyone having issues with the accuracy of this? Some walmart locations show its available but when I call the person says no
That's not a Stocktrack issue, it's literally just pulling the data/numbers directly from Walmart's website.

The issue is entirely that Walmart's inventory tracking is an absolute joke.
Newbie
Sep 26, 2017
17 posts
1 upvote
chemicalxv wrote: Ah yes thank you. I swear I was trying that before and it wasn't working but it's possible I really just suck lol.



That's not a Stocktrack issue, it's literally just pulling the data/numbers directly from Walmart's website.

The issue is entirely that Walmart's inventory tracking is an absolute joke.
Seafish is there a way to check the HD deals better? I some times find the discounts by searching for a product that I wouldn't have necessarily found on the right hand side.. also do those 0$ deals even work? Or its ghost stock usually even when they say 3+ I'm not worried about having the person in store honor the price it scans at just curious if it would be ghost stock or not or if its quite common people bring things up to ring at 0$ from WM or HD, etc. that see them on stocktrack, as always thank you!
[OP]
Deal Addict
Aug 3, 2008
4767 posts
8927 upvotes
Ottawa
Canuck2017 wrote: Seafish is there a way to check the HD deals better? I some times find the discounts by searching for a product that I wouldn't have necessarily found on the right hand side.. also do those 0$ deals even work? Or its ghost stock usually even when they say 3+ I'm not worried about having the person in store honor the price it scans at just curious if it would be ghost stock or not or if its quite common people bring things up to ring at 0$ from WM or HD, etc. that see them on stocktrack, as always thank you!
$0 price means price information is not available. Probably should make it clearer. In general HD tracker is not very reliable, sometimes stock information is also missing. Price is not always correct (can be lower in-store)
I need to think of better ways to show deals data (price drops like on other stores do not reflect in-store drops)
Newbie
Sep 26, 2017
17 posts
1 upvote
seafish wrote: $0 price means price information is not available. Probably should make it clearer. In general HD tracker is not very reliable, sometimes stock information is also missing. Price is not always correct (can be lower in-store)
I need to think of better ways to show deals data (price drops like on other stores do not reflect in-store drops)
Ah.. so the price that shows up online in regards to that store (usually unavailable -- as in dicontinued stock or whatever), when you go in to scan it, it won't pop up at 0$? Sorry I only asked, because I had read the reddit at some point and saw someone at some point maybe you would just post those penny deals, thought it was something similar.
[OP]
Deal Addict
Aug 3, 2008
4767 posts
8927 upvotes
Ottawa
Canuck2017 wrote: Ah.. so the price that shows up online in regards to that store (usually unavailable -- as in dicontinued stock or whatever), when you go in to scan it, it won't pop up at 0$? Sorry I only asked, because I had read the reddit at some point and saw someone at some point maybe you would just post those penny deals, thought it was something similar.
If it's just $0 then yes, it won't pop up as $0 on your receipt and will scan at whatever price is at the store system.
If it's 1 or 2 cents then it's not a $0 anymore and will show up as 1 or 2 cents ;)
Deal Addict
Dec 26, 2014
3684 posts
3347 upvotes
Winnipeg, MB
Man do I wish Walmart actually had better stock keeping on their movies.
Deal Expert
Nov 2, 2003
15845 posts
2102 upvotes
GTA
chemicalxv wrote: Man do I wish Walmart actually had better stock keeping on their movies.
not picking on you but if walmart had better stock of their shit... or if rogers (etc) had better pricing/service... this site (RFD) and other accessory sites (stocktrack) wouldn't exist cuz everything would be perfect.

Top