StockTrack - Inventory Checker tool for some Canadian B&M stores

• Last Updated:
  • Oct 27th, 2020 7:28 pm
Deal Addict
Dec 26, 2014
3684 posts
3348 upvotes
Winnipeg, MB
actng wrote: not picking on you but if walmart had better stock of their shit... or if rogers (etc) had better pricing/service... this site (RFD) and other accessory sites (stocktrack) wouldn't exist cuz everything would be perfect.
I mean it's bad even by their standards, what I'm complaining about has nothing to do with the existence of this site/forum or stocktrack.

For example they have DVD, Blu-Ray, and 4k copies of the Sonic the Hedgehog movie available in their stores but have nothing listed on their website. The physical edition was only released May 19th, so they either never had it on their website or for whatever reason they've already removed it. But if it was removed, it seems like a purely arbitrary decision given that there are much older movies still listed on their site, even if said movie has no online stock and is only available in a handful of stores.

Their $5/$8 bins are legitimately untrackable. Supposedly 4k copies of T2: Judgement Day started showing up in the $5 bins and the blu-ray forums went crazy trying to find them because they didn't show up in stocktrack (Walmart's fault) so people actually had to go to the stores blind and start digging around.
[OP]
Deal Addict
Aug 3, 2008
4767 posts
8927 upvotes
Ottawa
chemicalxv wrote: I mean it's bad even by their standards, what I'm complaining about has nothing to do with the existence of this site/forum or stocktrack.

For example they have DVD, Blu-Ray, and 4k copies of the Sonic the Hedgehog movie available in their stores but have nothing listed on their website. The physical edition was only released May 19th, so they either never had it on their website or for whatever reason they've already removed it. But if it was removed, it seems like a purely arbitrary decision given that there are much older movies still listed on their site, even if said movie has no online stock and is only available in a handful of stores.

Their $5/$8 bins are legitimately untrackable. Supposedly 4k copies of T2: Judgement Day started showing up in the $5 bins and the blu-ray forums went crazy trying to find them because they didn't show up in stocktrack (Walmart's fault) so people actually had to go to the stores blind and start digging around.
Usually even if product is not listed on Walmart.ca it's still possible to track it with stocktrack.ca if you have UPC. Do you have a UPC handy to check?

Edit: Actually found UPC of Sonic BD and yea, even though the price is trackable the stock is not showing up.
https://stocktrack.ca/?s=wm&upc=3242933751
Deal Addict
Dec 26, 2014
3684 posts
3348 upvotes
Winnipeg, MB
seafish wrote: Usually even if product is not listed on Walmart.ca it's still possible to track it with stocktrack.ca if you have UPC. Do you have a UPC handy to check?

Edit: Actually found UPC of Sonic BD and yea, even though the price is trackable the stock is not showing up.
https://stocktrack.ca/?s=wm&upc=3242933751
Yeah I was looking up the 4k one but got the same result. It's $26 and even though there's no price history I don't think that's much of a drop from whatever price it released at, because it's only $29.99 at Best Buy and they've never sold it for more than $31.99.
Jun 30, 2009
140 posts
105 upvotes
I find i cant track the inventory for any dvds or blue rays? must be a separate system???
Deal Addict
Dec 5, 2005
1127 posts
373 upvotes
YYC
Are the WM movies not trackable because it's all outside vendors?

Hopefully some of the WM $3.5B spending will address more than their outdated stores... and website... and inventory system. :)

Regarding Sonic price-drop, just after 30 days most titles will drop around $5 (but not usually 4K). The most recent drop to $20 I saw in-store was BOP/HQ BD which has been on the WB cardboard box for weeks with Joker (it dropped to $20 a while ago).
Jun 30, 2009
140 posts
105 upvotes
chaingunsofdoom wrote: Are the WM movies not trackable because it's all outside vendors?

Hopefully some of the WM $3.5B spending will address more than their outdated stores... and website... and inventory system. :)

Regarding Sonic price-drop, just after 30 days most titles will drop around $5 (but not usually 4K). The most recent drop to $20 I saw in-store was BOP/HQ BD which has been on the WB cardboard box for weeks with Joker (it dropped to $20 a while ago).
I'm pretty sure that is the problem. Outside vendors.... Same things with sports cards. They are supplied by outside vendor and cant track on stocktack
Deal Addict
Dec 26, 2014
3684 posts
3348 upvotes
Winnipeg, MB
There are some that are trackable, for example Toy Story 4k and the sequels...

Of course those ones actually show up on the website so that might be why. But then you're telling me that some product of a certain type is tracked and others aren't? That's insane lol.
[OP]
Deal Addict
Aug 3, 2008
4767 posts
8927 upvotes
Ottawa
chemicalxv wrote: There are some that are trackable, for example Toy Story 4k and the sequels...

Of course those ones actually show up on the website so that might be why. But then you're telling me that some product of a certain type is tracked and others aren't? That's insane lol.
I remember there was an odd Star Wars series clearance that was also trackable and they were not on the website
walmart-ymmv-star-wars-blu-ray-digital- ... t-2337138/
This is still stands. (no clearance though, but trackable)
Deal Addict
Dec 26, 2014
3684 posts
3348 upvotes
Winnipeg, MB
Walmart.ca: "Not sold in-stores!"

Stocktrack and my own two eyes: "There's 30 of them right in front of me"
Deal Addict
Dec 26, 2014
3684 posts
3348 upvotes
Winnipeg, MB
Hey seafish, for UPC 62891741647 from Walmart, are you able to pull the other colours for me? I saw a Teal one for $10 at one Walmart and was an idiot and didn't grab the UPC.

Apologies if I can do this myself and I'm just being an idiot with the search function.
[OP]
Deal Addict
Aug 3, 2008
4767 posts
8927 upvotes
Ottawa
chemicalxv wrote: Hey seafish, for UPC 62891741647 from Walmart, are you able to pull the other colours for me? I saw a Teal one for $10 at one Walmart and was an idiot and didn't grab the UPC.

Apologies if I can do this myself and I'm just being an idiot with the search function.
Looks like this:
https://stocktrack.ca/?s=wm&upc=62891741646
Apr 15, 2015
192 posts
100 upvotes
Markham, ON
Thanks OP for creating this great little tool. More importantly, thanks for sharing it with the community. I just started using it very recently and it took me a little while to learn how to use it properly (I did not fill in the location input field so no results were coming through), so my advice for anyone just starting and learning to use this tool is just to make sure all the input fields are filled in. Thanks again.
Aug 7, 2019
777 posts
265 upvotes
@seafish , I have read multiple times that Home Depot Price information is not accurate but how about their stock counts?

Thread Information

There is currently 1 user viewing this thread. (0 members and 1 guest)