Shopping Discussion

StockTrack - Inventory Checker tool for some Canadian B&M stores

• Last Updated:
  • Oct 22nd, 2020 2:44 am
Mar 29, 2006
248 posts
150 upvotes
I use your site a few times a week. Definitely comes in handy when checking inventory, especially at Walmart. Thank you 🙏🏽
Deal Addict
Mar 20, 2009
3887 posts
2037 upvotes
Toronto
seafish wrote: They changed their system to prevent getting stock information, so I guess it's very unlikely to come back.
Crappola. Honestly, SDM is the one store that should have something like this working.
They have so many different sized stores, its a crap shoot to figure out if what you want is carried in some of them.
Seniors day tomorrow, and my dad wants to get a bunch of things (spend $ for 20,000 points).
He wants to get a large sum of the same item, and the stores by him only have 1-2 in stock.
Looks like I will make some calls...
Deal Fanatic
Nov 15, 2008
8949 posts
3295 upvotes
seafish wrote: They changed their system to prevent getting stock information, so I guess it's very unlikely to come back.
Those people are nothing but touchy about their data. They may launch something that gives a lot of information, but then they spend all their time making tweaks to limit access.
Deal Addict
Mar 20, 2009
3887 posts
2037 upvotes
Toronto
lecale wrote: Those people are nothing but touchy about their data. They may launch something that gives a lot of information, but then they spend all their time making tweaks to limit access.
What a nightmare.
Just spent the last hour calling 10 closest stores to my dad.
Waste of my time, and a big waste of time for the people who eventually helped me.
All stores seem to only carry 2 - 4 of the thing he wants.
None seem to have access to stock info for other stores.
Might try calling the main office, but likely am giving up.
Does anyone know - Does SDM do rain checks?
Deal Addict
Dec 26, 2014
3632 posts
3231 upvotes
Winnipeg, MB
Hey seafish, when does the site usually scrape Best Buy? They had that Labour Day sale start today but it's only showing 147 price drops so it seems like some stuff is missing?

E: Ex. Web Code 14746041 (256 Samsung micoSDXC) is correctly showing it's on sale but it's missing from the Price Drop section.
Deal Addict
Aug 5, 2002
3453 posts
197 upvotes
Newfoundland (Former…
@seafish was wondering if you can add Kent’s for the Atlantic people, wondering if the API would be the same?
Apr 19, 2004
837 posts
277 upvotes
Earth
shikotee wrote: What a nightmare.
Just spent the last hour calling 10 closest stores to my dad.
Waste of my time, and a big waste of time for the people who eventually helped me.
All stores seem to only carry 2 - 4 of the thing he wants.
None seem to have access to stock info for other stores.
Might try calling the main office, but likely am giving up.
Does anyone know - Does SDM do rain checks?
SDM stores do have a way to lookup up other stores inventory. They have to do it in store on internal network. It a newer feature.
Deal Addict
Aug 17, 2008
4286 posts
3426 upvotes
Great feature showing more items being delivered to the stores. At least Walmart (attached)
Images
  • 9FB4D535-CE04-4247-8260-66CDABD506A7.jpeg
Deal Addict
May 23, 2014
1045 posts
600 upvotes
canada
MrMom wrote: Great feature showing more items being delivered to the stores. At least Walmart (attached)
Noticed theirs a couple new different icons

A truck
A clipboard
And another thing

What’s the meaning of all them @seafish
Deal Addict
Aug 14, 2001
4087 posts
2195 upvotes
Yesva Scotia
thesick wrote: Noticed theirs a couple new different icons

A truck
A clipboard
And another thing

What’s the meaning of all them @seafish
When you hover over that section, it should tell you.
Images
  • Untitled3.png
Sep 12, 2020
2 posts
seafish wrote: My guess it's prepared for "In Transit" at some central warehouse, but just waits its turn. I'm not 100% sure though.
Thanks!
Jan 1, 2009
31 posts
1 upvote
Mississauga
@seafish I would donate a 3-figure amount if you manage to add a feature to CSV export WalMart's Price Drops data that's displayed (title, price, SKU, UPC, etc.) after filtering out a specific category and time frame, i.e. Health in the Daily Drop tab).

P.S. The categories fitlering doesn't work for me (icons for each category are blank and clicking on them doesn't change the data displayed).