Shopping Discussion

StockTrack - Inventory Checker tool for some Canadian B&M stores

• Last Updated:
  • Oct 19th, 2020 9:05 pm
Oct 16, 2011
274 posts
171 upvotes
Ran into a situation where the stock of an item was over 300, the checkmark said 150, the truck said 50 and the clipboard said 25 and there were none of that item to be found and they told me that there’s none in stock (mind you the customer service person was very dismissive and unwilling to help). Even their own website said they had it in stock.

There really are some lazy stores that refuse to restock the shelves even if items are in the back.
Jun 24, 2016
439 posts
444 upvotes
Any advice on how to make sure that stock exists @ Walmart before making the trek out to Walmart?

Was about to snag a 4TB Seagate External HDD at $49 that displayed 3 in stock, but when I got there, nada.

I'm not sure how far calling will get you. Most Walmart employees could give less of a shit since they're not paid to care.
Deal Addict
Apr 10, 2011
4527 posts
6559 upvotes
Montreal
Omesuri wrote: Any advice on how to make sure that stock exists @ Walmart before making the trek out to Walmart?

Was about to snag a 4TB Seagate External HDD at $49 that displayed 3 in stock, but when I got there, nada.

I'm not sure how far calling will get you. Most Walmart employees could give less of a shit since they're not paid to care.
> 3 Grinning Face
[OP]
Deal Addict
Aug 3, 2008
4727 posts
8707 upvotes
Ottawa
Omesuri wrote: Any advice on how to make sure that stock exists @ Walmart before making the trek out to Walmart?

There's no way of knowing for sure without going and checking in person or calling in (calling might result in alerting staff about good deal though)
Some stores inventory is a mess (like you can see there're ~1000 of items listed in stock but threre's actually nothing in store and that was just a mistake when they entered). There was a photo of a device that Walmart employees are using to scan and check stock and it seems they can edit quantities manually. This can be one reason for a mess up.
Sep 21, 2020
1 posts
Hi there, big fan of the website you have created. Used it couple of times already, and saved significant $$.

I’m eyeing a product that I’d like to monitor for price drop. Is there a way I could subscribe to stock track for price drop notification? Also, do you support RSS feed for trending price drops?
[OP]
Deal Addict
Aug 3, 2008
4727 posts
8707 upvotes
Ottawa
thesick wrote: Make the website subscription based @seafish monthly / yearly
Meh, at least not for base features.
I know some people are stupid, showing stocktrack left and right, but if Walmart wanted to close API they would do it long time ago.

On a side note, Staples changed API for stock information and it's not working anymore (both in-store and online). I'm working on a fix, should be ready soon.
Deal Fanatic
Nov 15, 2008
8988 posts
3322 upvotes
seafish wrote: Meh, at least not for base features.
I know some people are stupid, showing stocktrack left and right, but if Walmart wanted to close API they would do it long time ago.

On a side note, Staples changed API for stock information and it's not working anymore (both in-store and online). I'm working on a fix, should be ready soon.
It's probably better than their internal tools, seafish, they can't take it away from their people. They'd be blind. They should be paying you royalties.
[OP]
Deal Addict
Aug 3, 2008
4727 posts
8707 upvotes
Ottawa
lecale wrote: It's probably better than their internal tools, seafish, they can't take it away from their people. They'd be blind. They should be paying you royalties.
Their internal tools are fine and give some extra information that is not available otherwise (like where exactly item is supposed to be located in the store/backroom)
Would be nice to get a hand on their internal app that they use on hand-held devices, hehe
Deal Addict
Apr 13, 2005
2750 posts
762 upvotes
North York
Thx again for the great tool, looks like stock level sorting stopped working properly, for example:
[OP]
Deal Addict
Aug 3, 2008
4727 posts
8707 upvotes
Ottawa
ag2000 wrote: Thx again for the great tool, looks like stock level sorting stopped working properly, for example:
What browser are you using? Sorts fine for me in Chrome.
Edit: hmm seems like it doesn't work properly sometimes, especially when there're > 20 stores.
Problems with filtering as well
Jun 30, 2009
135 posts
104 upvotes
i have had issues with the stock level sorting on chrome as well. Havent tried other browsers