Shopping Discussion

StockTrack - Inventory Checker tool for some Canadian B&M stores

  • Last Updated:
  • Nov 21st, 2020 7:17 pm
Deal Addict
Jul 18, 2005
2231 posts
726 upvotes
Toronto
Thanks Seafish!! Posted suggestion on Reddit as well but was hoping to see the bundle by walmart store location sale vs by item.
Deal Addict
Jul 18, 2005
2231 posts
726 upvotes
Toronto
seafish wrote: OK, so 'Deals' section is back, but now you have to choose one store to search for deals.
Happy hunting! And share deals you find instore! ;)
You're amazing!!! If your still taking requests, the following would be amazing!

1. Export list to excel (or some sort of spreadsheet)
2. For the 'Deals' section, allowing users to set limits (e.g. don't show me anything with 1 stock)
3. Being able to sort Deals section into Categories just like the Price Drops?

Thoughts?

Or even an option to select and add to cart, then a page where you can see all that you want to 'hunt' for at the store. Right now writing everything down and/or taking pictures works but would be amazing if you can add to a list then e-mail that list to yourself

1. Item 1 - price - Quantity - SKU
2. Item 2 - price - Quantity - SKU

etc..
Sr. Member
Aug 7, 2019
799 posts
271 upvotes
Franchise10 wrote: You're amazing!!! If your still taking requests, the following would be amazing!

1. Export list to excel (or some sort of spreadsheet)
2. For the 'Deals' section, allowing users to set limits (e.g. don't show me anything with 1 stock)
3. Being able to sort Deals section into Categories just like the Price Drops?

Thoughts?

Or even an option to select and add to cart, then a page where you can see all that you want to 'hunt' for at the store. Right now writing everything down and/or taking pictures works but would be amazing if you can add to a list then e-mail that list to yourself

1. Item 1 - price - Quantity - SKU
2. Item 2 - price - Quantity - SKU

etc..
Grabbing one of these deals is already hard enough as it is right now. This would turn it into a blood bath. At least right now, when there is effort required, only those willing to put in the effort are out hunting for deals.
Jr. Member
Dec 29, 2013
122 posts
86 upvotes
Toronto
I just wanted to say thank you for this amazing tool🙏🏻
Member
Sep 8, 2003
264 posts
289 upvotes
@seafish
Thanks for the updated Deals section!

Only issue I found that is that after searching at a particular store, If I then click an item in the Results list (with the intention of seeing the price in the store (and surrounding stores) it will then search every walmart in Canada! As you are likely aware there is no way to stop the searching (which for all the stores takes forever and kills access to your DB). The only thing I can do is reload the site. Perhaps you can limit it to 10 stores or if you don't have the User's location than just the 1 store specified.

Would also be nice to have a stop searching button because sometimes it gets hung up on 1 or two stores.

Cheers!
Digital Improvements
Most posts are via my mobile, so sorry for any duplicate posts, poor spelling/grammar, lack of photos and other details.
[OP]
Deal Addict
Aug 3, 2008
4828 posts
9076 upvotes
Ottawa
kingofwit wrote: @seafish
Thanks for the updated Deals section!

Only issue I found that is that after searching at a particular store, If I then click an item in the Results list (with the intention of seeing the price in the store (and surrounding stores) it will then search every walmart in Canada! As you are likely aware there is no way to stop the searching (which for all the stores takes forever and kills access to your DB). The only thing I can do is reload the site. Perhaps you can limit it to 10 stores or if you don't have the User's location than just the 1 store specified.

Would also be nice to have a stop searching button because sometimes it gets hung up on 1 or two stores.

Cheers!
It would start scanning every Walmart store only if you put a high number of stores to scan to. If you leave it at 10 it will scan 10 just like usual. But I agree stop button is needed. Or also just stop automatically once you click on another item to scan.
Newbie
Oct 15, 2008
17 posts
11 upvotes
Dropping in to thank @seafish . Your tool is terrific & has saved us money. This weekend we picked up a $120 Germ Guardian Humidifier for $24. Person With Folded Hands Per Public Health we should be adding humidifiers to our bedrooms for the winter. I'm grateful that we didn't need to break the bank to get it.
Deal Addict
Nov 14, 2006
2235 posts
1132 upvotes
GTA
@seafish Thanks for the tool

Had a question regarding IKEA , its asking for SKU number but I cant find any SKU numbers on IKEA website for their products. I try item numbers with and without "." but nothing comes up. Am I searching it incorrectly?
[OP]
Deal Addict
Aug 3, 2008
4828 posts
9076 upvotes
Ottawa
lilmikey wrote: @seafish Thanks for the tool

Had a question regarding IKEA , its asking for SKU number but I cant find any SKU numbers on IKEA website for their products. I try item numbers with and without "." but nothing comes up. Am I searching it incorrectly?
Didn't check Ikea for a long time. It worked with and without dots before if I remember right
Deal Addict
Nov 14, 2006
2235 posts
1132 upvotes
GTA
seafish wrote: Didn't check Ikea for a long time. It worked with and without dots before if I remember right
So the bed I'm searching comes up as "Error getting availability data" but if I search the 2 item numbers which includes all packages this will show me inventory.
Incase anyone else has this same question.
Jr. Member
Sep 23, 2019
116 posts
179 upvotes
The website stocktrack isnt operating properly. Wondering if this is a common occurance or if it spells the end for that website. I know the creator lurks here.
Newbie
Oct 15, 2008
17 posts
11 upvotes
@seafish Did StockTrack break this morning or is it just on my end? I really appreciate your app. It saves us time & money on the regular.

Top