Shopping Discussion

StockTrack - Inventory Checker tool for some Canadian B&M stores

  • Last Updated:
  • Sep 18th, 2021 6:55 pm
Deal Addict
Jul 6, 2008
1510 posts
550 upvotes
GTA
Dhanushan wrote: When stock of item is 3 and less than 3, Walmart.ca will show the item is out of stock

From post #1
Very helpful! So I should just check the day before or as soon as we can buy non-essentials and head to a store? I wish it would show more then 20 locations as there's so many within an hour drive of Toronto. Thank You!
[OP]
Deal Fanatic
Aug 3, 2008
5159 posts
10238 upvotes
Ottawa
ericlewis91 wrote: Very helpful! So I should just check the day before or as soon as we can buy non-essentials and head to a store? I wish it would show more then 20 locations as there's so many within an hour drive of Toronto. Thank You!
Beware that stock counts can be inaccurate due to different circumstances (loss/theft/broken returns etc.) Most of the stores don't do manual recounts (especially on non-electronics items) Don't use stocktrack to try to argue and claim they have something when an item can't be found anywhere. When coming to store show up walmart.ca listing and ask them politely to check on their device if they have it in stock using UPC number.
Deal Addict
Nov 4, 2015
1455 posts
1271 upvotes
Ontario
ericlewis91 wrote: Very helpful! So I should just check the day before or as soon as we can buy non-essentials and head to a store? I wish it would show more then 20 locations as there's so many within an hour drive of Toronto. Thank You!
Since the inventory level isn't 100% accurate, I'd say it's very YMMV if it's showing 5 or fewer. I personally wouldn't bother since there's a good chance you won't be able to find it but it's up to you if you want to check anyways. Just wanted to warn you so you don't spend too much time looking for ghost inventory or arguing with employees.
Last edited by RichRFD on May 5th, 2021 4:02 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Fido ($35/4GB for 24 months + $0/4GB for 24 months)
Sr. Member
User avatar
Jun 16, 2019
573 posts
1696 upvotes
west as
RichRFD wrote: Since the inventory level isn't 100% accurate, I'd say it's very YMMV if it's showing 5 or fewer. I personally wouldn't bother since there's a good chance you won't be able to find it but it's up to you if you want to check anyways. Just wanted to warn you so you don't spending too much time looking for ghost inventory or arguing with employees.
Had an employee say basically this as well. They checked an item on their scanner for me and said stock numbers 5 and under can be highly suspect.
Deal Addict
Nov 4, 2015
1455 posts
1271 upvotes
Ontario
Krrrong wrote: Had an employee say basically this as well. They checked an item on their scanner for me and said stock numbers 5 and under can be highly suspect.
My personal threshold is probably at least ten for most items or seven if it was something I really wanted. If it's below those numbers then I'll only check it out if I'm planning on doing groceries there anyways.
Fido ($35/4GB for 24 months + $0/4GB for 24 months)
Newbie
Mar 7, 2011
36 posts
18 upvotes
i am wondering how accurate is the stock numbers are? i placed an order and (walmart.ca) the store had stock for it, but when it was time to pick up my items, walmart canceled the item
Sr. Member
Jan 31, 2011
928 posts
482 upvotes
Toronto
Hi @seafish , I saw a walmart small bookcase that was on clearance for $9 on stocktrack last week but I forgot to save the UPC. Now that I check again I can't find it anymore. Can you please help?
[OP]
Deal Fanatic
Aug 3, 2008
5159 posts
10238 upvotes
Ottawa
thunderbolt wrote: Hi @seafish , I saw a walmart small bookcase that was on clearance for $9 on stocktrack last week but I forgot to save the UPC. Now that I check again I can't find it anymore. Can you please help?
If you remember store where it was for $9 and part of the product name ('bookcase'?) then try "Deals" type section in the main parameters form
Images
  • StockTrack - Inventory Checker - Google Chrome_210506193506.png
Sr. Member
Jan 31, 2011
928 posts
482 upvotes
Toronto
seafish wrote: If you remember store where it was for $9 and part of the product name ('bookcase'?) then try "Deals" type section in the main parameters form
Thanks it's awesome feature that I never know existed.
Newbie
May 18, 2021
1 posts
Hey @seafish when do you update your sportchek list, or better yet, how do you find these price drops, seems like I’m always late when they are added on stocktrack.ca.

Thank you
[OP]
Deal Fanatic
Aug 3, 2008
5159 posts
10238 upvotes
Ottawa
FayadA97 wrote: Hey @seafish when do you update your sportchek list, or better yet, how do you find these price drops, seems like I’m always late when they are added on stocktrack.ca.

Thank you
Sportchek sometimes updates prices but removes them from online listings so you won't be able to purchase at that price. It's still possible to see the price, but the product page is missing.
Deal Fanatic
Dec 26, 2014
5312 posts
5312 upvotes
Winnipeg, MB
Hey Seafish, did the Best Buy section stop working properly this week? It doesn't appear to be updating at all anymore.
Deal Fanatic
User avatar
Jul 4, 2005
7163 posts
1272 upvotes
Ottawa
+1 on BB..stocktrack shows an item with 20 in stock but BB shows not in stock..first time i'm using this tool for BB so not sure how it behaves
Member
User avatar
Nov 24, 2009
234 posts
16 upvotes
Calgary
Thank you OP.
For Walmart, can we call to place an order ahead and/or hold the product and then complete the order in store?
Or do we just have to go to the store and search for the product ourselves and buy it?
Thank you!
Deal Fanatic
Jun 20, 2020
7208 posts
7867 upvotes
Toronto
iwlso wrote: For Walmart, can we call to place an order ahead and/or hold the product and then complete the order in store?
No

https://www.walmart.ca/en/walmart-pickup
iwlso wrote: Or do we just have to go to the store and search for the product ourselves and buy it?
Yes

Walmart inventory numbers can be behind up to 3 hours or inaccurate due to different circumstances. Do NOT use StockTrack to argue with Walmart employees.
[OP]
Deal Fanatic
Aug 3, 2008
5159 posts
10238 upvotes
Ottawa
iwlso wrote: Thank you OP.
For Walmart, can we call to place an order ahead and/or hold the product and then complete the order in store?
Or do we just have to go to the store and search for the product ourselves and buy it?
Thank you!
Dhanushan wrote: No

https://www.walmart.ca/en/walmart-pickup



Yes

Walmart inventory numbers can be behind up to 3 hours or inaccurate due to different circumstances. Do NOT use StockTrack to argue with Walmart employees.
Before Stage 1 reopening in Ontario I saw a sign at Walmart near non-essential items behind yellow tape that you can call and order them by phone. Not sure if that's still the case.
If it's a really good deal on a clearance item I wouldn't call as Walmart employees are likely to snag it and tell it's OOS.
Images
  • 20210605_120141.jpg

Top