Shopping Discussion

StockTrack - Inventory Checker tool for some Canadian B&M stores

• Last Updated:
  • May 14th, 2022 4:41 pm
Nov 24, 2009
234 posts
16 upvotes
Calgary
seafish wrote: Before Stage 1 reopening in Ontario I saw a sign at Walmart near non-essential items behind yellow tape that you can call and order them by phone. Not sure if that's still the case.
If it's a really good deal on a clearance item I wouldn't call as Walmart employees are likely to snag it and tell it's OOS.
Thank you seafish. Good point regarding deal on clearance items.
Guess we will have to look for the item ourselves then.
Jan 7, 2021
8 posts
6 upvotes
seafish wrote: Some updates to IKEA.
Shows restock information: how many are coming and when (if you mouse over) I don't think this info is visible on IKEA website.
You are amazing and wish I could support you more~!
Thank you for all you do!
Deal Addict
Oct 9, 2007
1427 posts
61 upvotes
Toronto, ON
Questions to my fellow StockTrack brothers, who are always on a hunt for some great deals.

I am wondering
  • If I am able to find the STORE that has the sale price using StockTrack?
This comes came up today. At each of the Homedepot site, it still says the original price at $749.

Thanks again in advance.
Images
  • stocktrack_TableSaw.jpg
One of the happiest moments in life . . .
"is when you find the courage to let go of what you can't change"
Deal Addict
Jan 18, 2013
2901 posts
1557 upvotes
B.C.
seafish wrote: Before Stage 1 reopening in Ontario I saw a sign at Walmart near non-essential items behind yellow tape that you can call and order them by phone. Not sure if that's still the case.
If it's a really good deal on a clearance item I wouldn't call as Walmart employees are likely to snag it and tell it's OOS.
Does that actually happen?

Back in my Retail days it was a considerable hassle for employees to purchase things. If it was a crazy clearance deal you would essentially have to hide it in the store somewhere and come get it after you were done working. None of us had the motivation - nor the extra money - to buy things to flip on the side.
Feb 3, 2017
46 posts
2 upvotes
Hey Seafish
what does it mean when the price for an item shows the following
1)0.02
2) store price $ 49-$350
[OP]
Deal Fanatic
Aug 3, 2008
5315 posts
11059 upvotes
Ottawa
ma1989 wrote: 1)0.02
Walmart sets $0.02 price for items they intend to remove from shelves to destroy or send back to manufacturer/warehouse. If you happen to find such an item still on the shelve take it to self-checkout, cashier won't let it through.
ma1989 wrote: 2) store price $ 49-$350
Walmart prices in-store differ, so across Canada they vary between $49 and $350 (at least in those stores that were scanned through stocktrack)
Deal Fanatic
Dec 26, 2014
6508 posts
6798 upvotes
Winnipeg, MB
lennyandcarl wrote: Does that actually happen?

Back in my Retail days it was a considerable hassle for employees to purchase things. If it was a crazy clearance deal you would essentially have to hide it in the store somewhere and come get it after you were done working. None of us had the motivation - nor the extra money - to buy things to flip on the side.
I've definitely found something at Walmart that someone had hidden before Face With Tears Of Joy and it was for sure an employee, because there'd be no reason for a regular customer to hide it.

(For reference, it was something in the small kitchen appliance section, and I found it a couple aisles over from where it should have been on the top shelf behind the display units for blenders/mixers).
Nov 23, 2020
73 posts
187 upvotes
Montreal
Good day @seafish
You have created a really nice tool, thank you.

Couple of questions:
1. Are you the only one maintaining it?
2. Would be a nice feature to have best deals per store option. Since it seems that you are caching results, this shouldn't be that difficult, but as a result, checking the best discounts for items in stock for the store would have been a good starting point for groceries shopping while checking if there's anything for an egg hunt in your store of choice.
UPD: seems like Deals is the option I am looking for :)

Have a good day
Deal Addict
Oct 27, 2017
1922 posts
1988 upvotes
Was bored and added up everything I hunted down from Walmart because of Stocktrack. 10 items and retail, it would work out to $1,100. Only spent $129 :) Thanks seafish
Feb 3, 2017
46 posts
2 upvotes
eelw11 wrote: Was bored and added up everything I hunted down from Walmart because of Stocktrack. 10 items and retail, it would work out to $1,100. Only spent $129 :) Thanks seafish
What did you buy lol
Deal Addict
Oct 27, 2017
1922 posts
1988 upvotes
ma1989 wrote: What did you buy lol
Lol most recently, the $3 Merkury Wifi cameras. But my biggest savings is the Weiser Powerbolt 2. Also got it for $3. But it still sells for $120
Feb 3, 2017
46 posts
2 upvotes
eelw11 wrote: Lol most recently, the $3 Merkury Wifi cameras. But my biggest savings is the Weiser Powerbolt 2. Also got it for $3. But it still sells for $120
Wow nice
All at self checkout ?
Deal Addict
Oct 27, 2017
1922 posts
1988 upvotes
ma1989 wrote: Wow nice
All at self checkout ?
Even if it wasn't at self checkout, $3 items, they can't stop from selling it. Not 2 cent recall items.
Jun 16, 2019
797 posts
2672 upvotes
west as
eelw11 wrote: Was bored and added up everything I hunted down from Walmart because of Stocktrack. 10 items and retail, it would work out to $1,100. Only spent $129 :) Thanks seafish
..and then you smashed the StockTrack 'donate' button, right?
Deal Addict
May 19, 2015
1360 posts
787 upvotes
GTA
Krrrong wrote: ..and then you smashed the StockTrack 'donate' button, right?
Yeah I mean saving almost 90% should mean that poster donated at least $50-100 right...
Zoomer Mobile Customer - $36/month for 4 GB + free phone
Jun 16, 2019
797 posts
2672 upvotes
west as
gerbil wrote: Questions to my fellow StockTrack brothers, who are always on a hunt for some great deals.

I am wondering
  • If I am able to find the STORE that has the sale price using StockTrack?
This comes came up today. At each of the Homedepot site, it still says the original price at $749.

Thanks again in advance.
Just change the value in the 'Stores number' field. I put in 200 and it automatically dropped it to 183 so I assume that's all the HD's in Canada
Feb 3, 2017
46 posts
2 upvotes
Assuming some items are locked away
If I ask an associate for 3-4 pieces
Wont they make me check out with their presence?
If an item is actually $0.02 won’t they decline selling it?
Are there special ways around this ?
Jun 30, 2009
166 posts
117 upvotes
ma1989 wrote: Assuming some items are locked away
If I ask an associate for 3-4 pieces
Wont they make me check out with their presence?
If an item is actually $0.02 won’t they decline selling it?
Are there special ways around this ?
Correct. An associate is not allowed to sell .02 items. They are well aware
Feb 3, 2017
46 posts
2 upvotes
Was at wal mart just now and saw this item listed for $499 plus tax, stock track showed 5 in stock, I found 3 of them. Stock track listed the item at $100.00
Went to self check out and rang in at regular price ??
Medela breast pump
Model 101037319
UPC 2045136750

When I went back to return the lady patrolling asked me what happen, I told her I grabbed the wrong item 🤣

Thread Information

There is currently 1 user viewing this thread. (0 members and 1 guest)