Orleans, ON
WM not working anymore. Same issue.
Deal Fanatic
Apr 10, 2011
9340 posts
16967 upvotes
Montreal
To everyone using StockTrack:

I don't think seafish has asked but please try to minimize the "Store number" to something reasonable. Like there is a chance you would visit the stores that appear. There's no point including stores that are 100 KM away if you would never go there. This would diminish the requests to each merchant and would increase the chances that they won't block StockTrack like Shoppers Drug Mart did. This would help everyone in the long run.

TIA.
Feb 27, 2019
31 posts
70 upvotes
seafish wrote: Ok, I eased the Cloudflare protection a bit. Will see if abusers are still keep on doing what they were doing and might have to turn it on again.
I was checking other stores for clearance pricing on specific items. Each store sets its own price a lot of the time. Got burned buying something on clearance only to have it drop further. Wanted to see if anyone had a lower clearance price before commiting. Will avoid it in the future. Cheers
[OP]
Deal Fanatic
Aug 3, 2008
5315 posts
11062 upvotes
Ottawa
DavidH36746 wrote: I was checking other stores for clearance pricing on specific items. Each store sets its own price a lot of the time. Got burned buying something on clearance only to have it drop further. Wanted to see if anyone had a lower clearance price before commiting. Will avoid it in the future. Cheers
Real people checking prices are not abusers, regardless of how many stores and products they check. That's what stocktrack is made for. Abusers are bots that checking 24/7 constantly specific products using scripts.
Feb 27, 2019
31 posts
70 upvotes
seafish wrote: Real people checking prices are not abusers, regardless of how many stores and products they check. That's what stocktrack is made for. Abusers are bots that checking 24/7 constantly specific products using scripts.
That isn't true, just so you know. I was banned and I know I was using it quite a bit. I love it, good job sir.
[OP]
Deal Fanatic
Aug 3, 2008
5315 posts
11062 upvotes
Ottawa
DavidH36746 wrote: That isn't true, just so you know. I was banned and I know I was using it quite a bit. I love it, good job sir.
Sorry, I was not writing about you specifically. Your IP is probably flagged for some unrelated reason.
I'm just explaining why I had to put Cloudflare bot protection in the first place.
Dec 14, 2019
1 posts
1 upvote
Just wanted to drop in and say I absolutely love this tool - especially as it's been developed for Canadian stores, I discovered it only a few months ago.
I also just recently started web developing and have been fascinated at how you pulled this off - other than having the websites not blocking you, things like grabbing the available online stock.
I can only imagine you're getting that information by loading your cart with the product until it reaches the limit.

Anyways, thank you Seafish!
Deal Addict
Jan 12, 2014
3970 posts
8771 upvotes
Laval
seafish it seems the Home depot links are not working
Jul 26, 2021
4 posts
3 upvotes
Wal-Mart doesn't seem to be working for me on desktop or mobile, just want to confirm this isn't on my end for some reason, anyone else having trouble?
Deal Addict
Jan 12, 2014
3970 posts
8771 upvotes
Laval
seafish wrote: What's not working? Opens, loads and refreshes fine for me.
Product-specific? Mobile? Desktop? Browser?

when I click on one of the "HomeDepot Trending Products" it brings me to the product page then 1 sec later I get this message screen shot below... I don't have this issue with accessing Home Depot directly.
Images
  • ad.jpg
[OP]
Deal Fanatic
Aug 3, 2008
5315 posts
11062 upvotes
Ottawa
2Riskit wrote: when I click on one of the "HomeDepot Trending Products" it brings me to the product page then 1 sec later I get this message screen shot below... I don't have this issue with accessing Home Depot directly.
Works fine for me.
This message is indication that hamedepot blocked your IP address for some reason (they always block IP addresses that come outside North America and sometimes when you refresh homedepot site too often).
But since you don't have this problem accessing homedepot site directly, then I have no clue.
Do you use any VPNs?
Deal Addict
Jan 12, 2014
3970 posts
8771 upvotes
Laval
seafish wrote: Works fine for me.
This message is indication that hamedepot blocked your IP address for some reason (they always block IP addresses that come outside North America and sometimes when you refresh homedepot site too often).
But since you don't have this problem accessing homedepot site directly, then I have no clue.
Do you use any VPNs?
No VPNs are active, this started today when I do my daily check of price reduction. Just tried it again and it did not happen Mmmmm.....
Deal Guru
Nov 15, 2008
11746 posts
6703 upvotes
dealsfish wrote: Hello @seafish

This is an amazing tool that you have created, I am trying to build something with Walmart API Canada and wanted to know a few things:

1) I have created an account on Walmart.IO and have got access to Affiliate API, but I can extract data from Walmart.com only for now, can you please help me how I can get data from Walmart.ca
2) Do you have a Seller Account or just an account on Walmart.IO
3) Is there a way we can get more number of trending items like may be top 500 from Walmart.ca
4) Do you have a github account? Can you share that.

Thank you so much in advance.
Uh, you want to do the same thing using a similar name using the OP's knowledge & accounts & expect help as a direct competitor? Smh.