Shopping Discussion

StockTrack - Inventory Checker tool for some Canadian B&M stores

• Last Updated:
  • Sep 18th, 2021 6:55 pm
Jan 11, 2017
88 posts
7 upvotes
Temporel wrote: No, you would get hundreds of emails at all times of the day and night for stupid little knick-knacks that you don't care about. How long before you would unsubscribe?
It doesn't have to be like that. It would be - getting alerts only for a particular product that you have subscribed for. I know @seafish who has developed such a brilliant tool can do it. May be there is some reason or other complexity like managing and verifying emails.

I know the developer @seafish knows more than us. But for your information, you can refer camel camelcamel for Amazon.
Jun 16, 2019
573 posts
1696 upvotes
west as
hey @seafish , is it possible to add some kind of filter to the Walmart trending products to show only what's in stock at "XXXX store" ?
Appreciate the effort as always
May 28, 2015
119 posts
71 upvotes
Milton, ON
Hello @seafish your website has been so useful! Was wondering if its possible to see what stores have the lowest price when a range is given. For example if a bbq is on sale for $250-600, can you sort by the stores which have it in stock for $250? Thank you
Deal Fanatic
Apr 10, 2011
6811 posts
11346 upvotes
Montreal
ayylmao wrote: Hello @seafish your website has been so useful! Was wondering if its possible to see what stores have the lowest price when a range is given. For example if a bbq is on sale for $250-600, can you sort by the stores which have it in stock for $250? Thank you
You can click on the header Price to have it ascending or descending.
Deal Addict
Dec 16, 2011
2695 posts
1074 upvotes
QC, Canada
hey @seafish , I am curious. When you use that link, it show "store price 14.98" but this price is nowhere to be found in any store or even online. Do you know at which store it refer?

Thanks !
[OP]
Deal Fanatic
Aug 3, 2008
5159 posts
10238 upvotes
Ottawa
koontzy wrote: hey @seafish , I am curious. When you use that link, it show "store price 14.98" but this price is nowhere to be found in any store or even online. Do you know at which store it refer?

Thanks !
Hmm it was probably available at some point for this price, but now HomeDepot doesn't give any information for that store.

There was similar issue with BestBuy which I just fixed. It was showing that some product (like PS5) is available at some stores, but in fact it was available some days ago and now BestBuy stopped giving this information. I'm showing an icon that there's historic data availble, but current information is unknown. Will need to do similar to HomeDepot I guess.
Deal Addict
Jun 14, 2008
3476 posts
2260 upvotes
Montreal
What's with the CAPTCHA requirement on stocktrack? I'm on the same home IP and suddenly every time I click on a stocktrack link it asks for CAPTCHA.
Deal Fanatic
Apr 10, 2011
6811 posts
11346 upvotes
Montreal
seafish wrote: I'm not sure, that's cloudflare that's flagging it with captcha.
Are you behind some VPN with non-Canadian IP address?
I'm never behind a VPN on my tablet always the same Canadian IP address and I get a few from time to time but never on my laptop, weird.
Deal Addict
Dec 7, 2005
4065 posts
6175 upvotes
Abbotsford B.C.
Temporel wrote: I'm never behind a VPN on my tablet always the same Canadian IP address and I get a few from time to time but never on my laptop, weird.
I guess you jinxed me.

I just had to do a full chaptcha
I'm not behind a VPN and am in Canada
I'm using Firefox (always have)

weird
Deal Fanatic
Apr 10, 2011
6811 posts
11346 upvotes
Montreal
raskal wrote: I guess you jinxed me.

I just had to do a full chaptcha
I'm not behind a VPN and am in Canada
I'm using Firefox (always have)

weird
I use Opera on my tablet so I guess it doesn't depend on the browser.
Deal Addict
Jun 14, 2008
3476 posts
2260 upvotes
Montreal
seafish wrote: I'm not sure, that's cloudflare that's flagging it with captcha.
Are you behind some VPN with non-Canadian IP address?
No VPN, just Opera browser on my desktop, same ISP IP as fas as I know. Never had to do one but started a few days ago.
[OP]
Deal Fanatic
Aug 3, 2008
5159 posts
10238 upvotes
Ottawa
jzmtl wrote: No VPN, just Opera browser on my desktop, same ISP IP as fas as I know. Never had to do one but started a few days ago.
If you PM me your IP I can try to check logs and see what could trigger captcha.

Couple of weeks ago I had to tweak some settings on cloudflare as there was a surge of bots from US/BVI/Netherlads IPs
Deal Addict
Aug 14, 2001
4558 posts
2849 upvotes
Yesva Scotia
I like picking the pictures of airplanes, etc.
😱
Sep 12, 2018
246 posts
175 upvotes
Edmonton
@seafish , did you upload the code to GitHub or in some other public repo? If not, is it because you are worried the developers will start taking counter measures against stocktrack?
Feb 22, 2020
111 posts
214 upvotes
Calgary
Is it possible to add a princess auto tracker to the website?
Deal Fanatic
Jun 20, 2020
7208 posts
7867 upvotes
Toronto
cedarleaf wrote: Amazing! I've been using this website for 2 years now and never noticed the PA tab hahaha
@seafish added it yesterday