Shopping Discussion

StockTrack - Inventory Checker tool for some Canadian B&M stores

• Last Updated:
  • Jun 14th, 2022 12:50 pm
Nov 23, 2013
247 posts
66 upvotes
Toronto
shlomom wrote: Might have missed this in the 50+ pages but anyway to get email alerts on when an item is available?

Also, some items flip between grocery available and shipping available. Anyway to get alerts on when an item becomes available for shipping?
@seafish - any chance these are in the works/possible to add?
Oct 7, 2017
925 posts
1555 upvotes
Looks like EB Games was removed at some point? Perhaps to do with Gamestop changeover? Gamestop.ca doesn't seem to have a working inventory system that I can find... pretty frustrating. Wish StockTrack would work with it still.
Mar 13, 2007
70 posts
32 upvotes
Toronto
Anyone else suddenly having trouble getting the chome extension for Stocktrack to work? Maybe it's a me problem, but just thought I'd ask, @seafish . I miss my Stocktrack :)
Be kind to receive kind, what goes around comes around 😃
Deal Addict
Sep 26, 2008
1050 posts
283 upvotes
Ottawa
laurlyns_mom wrote: Anyone else suddenly having trouble getting the chome extension for Stocktrack to work? Maybe it's a me problem, but just thought I'd ask, @seafish . I miss my Stocktrack :)
I'm also having an issue. Tried on both Walmart and Canadian Tire, but doesn't seem to be working. :(
Deal Addict
May 31, 2008
1379 posts
956 upvotes
Toronto
when walmart items drop to 2.50 or 0.02 - are those code prices for discontinued and removed off the shelf ...
Deal Fanatic
Apr 10, 2011
9347 posts
17010 upvotes
Montreal
submalst wrote: when walmart items drop to 2.50 or 0.02 - are those code prices for discontinued and removed off the shelf ...
Yes.
Feb 27, 2022
1 posts
Hi! Stocktrack was useful for me to get my ps5, however I cant get any Lego with discounted prices from Walmart even if I see that stock is available. I wonder if the LEGO stock status is accurate?

Any advice?

Thank you
Jul 26, 2021
4 posts
3 upvotes
tubular35 wrote: Hi! Stocktrack was useful for me to get my ps5, however I cant get any Lego with discounted prices from Walmart even if I see that stock is available. I wonder if the LEGO stock status is accurate?

Any advice?

Thank you
Stocktrack just shows what Walmart's own inventory reflects, so it is accurate in that sense. However, with clearance items Walmart's inventory is often wrong, due to miscounts, theft, etc. In the case of Lego, it is a high theft item so the numbers will frequently be incorrect for that reason. But it is not the fault of Stocktrack. Consider all deals like that highly YMMV. Honestly, a lot of the time it is not worth the gas to check, unless you're hitting up that Walmart anyways.
Last edited by Kimoosabi on Mar 3rd, 2022 7:09 am, edited 1 time in total.
Deal Fanatic
Dec 26, 2014
6741 posts
7050 upvotes
Winnipeg, MB
ClarkZuckerberg wrote: Looks like EB Games was removed at some point? Perhaps to do with Gamestop changeover? Gamestop.ca doesn't seem to have a working inventory system that I can find... pretty frustrating. Wish StockTrack would work with it still.
Nah it was because it never truly worked properly with how their site was set up. You'd have to go back a number of pages but I brought it up in a post and he ended up taking it down after realizing it wasn't salvageable.

Also most products have a stock page (for both new and used, unless it's consoles because used ones are typically listed separate) like so: https://www.gamestop.ca/StoreLocator/In ... tId=776943

So I'm not sure exactly what you're referring to.
Deal Fanatic
Dec 26, 2014
6741 posts
7050 upvotes
Winnipeg, MB
Anyways main reason I came into here is that I feel that since Walmart took out stock quantity I've had an easier time trying to find things that I'm specifically after. Like it seems like less people are putting in the effort to go get something now?
Aug 17, 2007
6 posts
10 upvotes
North Hatley
Alerts would be great. I'm waiting for an item to come back in stock and want to be sure I'm the first to know.

Thanks for the great work on the site so far!
Deal Addict
Jun 30, 2019
1540 posts
6865 upvotes
Is it me or the chrome extension does not work on some websites? I know I can't see the stocktrack link on walmart website
Aug 7, 2011
978 posts
657 upvotes
Spiritualx wrote: Is it me or the chrome extension does not work on some websites? I know I can't see the stocktrack link on walmart website
Same. I have to disable, and then enable, then refresh to get it to work almost every day.
Aug 21, 2011
181 posts
148 upvotes
Is clearance pricing for Canadian Tire no longer accurate? A product I've been following for a couple weeks shot back up to regular price online and stocktrack shows the same, which doesn't seem typical of CT (not my local store at least). I do notice the stocktrack disclaimer about pricing, just wondering.
Deal Addict
Nov 15, 2006
1380 posts
409 upvotes
Ottawa
Anything changed with Shoppers Drug Mart?

Looks like they can serve up stock levels for some items, as seen on some of the "Brand Spotlight" pages like: https://www1.shoppersdrugmart.ca/en/ele ... s/nintendo No idea why it is not for more items, or on the product pages.

Wish SDM would make this info available. I've been trying to find a newer video game, that's even in the flyer this week and its nowhere. I feel bad for the staff having to call so much. I can check stock for almost anything online at any other PC grocery stores, no idea why SDM is out of touch.
Deal Addict
Dec 16, 2011
2793 posts
1255 upvotes
QC, Canada
mabba18 wrote: Anything changed with Shoppers Drug Mart?

Looks like they can serve up stock levels for some items, as seen on some of the "Brand Spotlight" pages like: https://www1.shoppersdrugmart.ca/en/ele ... s/nintendo No idea why it is not for more items, or on the product pages.

Wish SDM would make this info available. I've been trying to find a newer video game, that's even in the flyer this week and its nowhere. I feel bad for the staff having to call so much. I can check stock for almost anything online at any other PC grocery stores, no idea why SDM is out of touch.
stocktrack does not work anymore for Shopper Drug Mart for over a year I think

Thread Information

There is currently 1 user viewing this thread. (0 members and 1 guest)