Shopping Discussion

StockTrack - Inventory Checker tool for some Canadian B&M stores

• Last Updated:
  • Aug 15th, 2022 6:44 am
Dec 10, 2010
418 posts
317 upvotes
Hey,

Looking for help to find location of stores that have the lowest price using stocktrack. Does anyone know how besides trial and error for location? For example if I want to find the $200 location for this smoker in picture?

TIA!
Images
  • Capture.PNG
[OP]
Deal Fanatic
Aug 3, 2008
5325 posts
11080 upvotes
Ottawa
tianos wrote: Hey,

Looking for help to find location of stores that have the lowest price using stocktrack. Does anyone know how besides trial and error for location? For example if I want to find the $200 location for this smoker in picture?

TIA!
Trial and error is what's available right now. You can increase number of stores to 50-100 and make a scan (might drink a cup of coffee or a beer while waiting :))
Deal Fanatic
Dec 26, 2014
6922 posts
7266 upvotes
Winnipeg, MB
tianos wrote: Hey,

TIA!
If it's not showing up in your immediate area does it really matter? Like I honestly don't understand what your goal is here.
Deal Expert
May 30, 2005
47390 posts
7959 upvotes
Richmond Hill
chemicalxv wrote: If it's not showing up in your immediate area does it really matter? Like I honestly don't understand what your goal is here.
Not sure about other stores, but if an item is available for shipping from warehouse, you can get the store's clearance price at HD by having it shipped. The window of opportunity is usually very small, however.
Deal Fanatic
Dec 26, 2014
6922 posts
7266 upvotes
Winnipeg, MB
Jon Lai wrote: Not sure about other stores, but if an item is available for shipping from warehouse, you can get the store's clearance price at HD by having it shipped. The window of opportunity is usually very small, however.
That doesn't work for Walmart. You can (usually) get stores to match an online price but never vice-versa, and of course price matching another Walmart is completely out the window at this point (especially on clearance).

Based on that postal code, increasing the store count to 50 already gets you stores that are over 50 km away. 75 gets you to nearly 100 km.

If you're going to drive that far from downtown York, ON in the hopes that a Walmart has something you're certifiably insane.
[OP]
Deal Fanatic
Aug 3, 2008
5325 posts
11080 upvotes
Ottawa
chemicalxv wrote: That doesn't work for Walmart. You can (usually) get stores to match an online price but never vice-versa, and of course price matching another Walmart is completely out the window at this point (especially on clearance).

Based on that postal code, increasing the store count to 50 already gets you stores that are over 50 km away. 75 gets you to nearly 100 km.

If you're going to drive that far from downtown York, ON in the hopes that a Walmart has something you're certifiably insane.
Rural Walmarts are more likely to have some gems ;)
Jun 16, 2019
828 posts
2776 upvotes
west as
Is ST functioning normally? Walmart 'trending products' seems to be 'frozen' for me and also cant search deals.

Thread Information

There is currently 1 user viewing this thread. (0 members and 1 guest)