StockTrack - Inventory Checker tool for some Canadian B&M stores

• Last Updated:
  • Oct 26th, 2021 9:19 am
Deal Addict
Jul 18, 2005
2353 posts
794 upvotes
Toronto
seafish wrote: It gets information from CT server, but I found a way to get actual in-store price, which might be different from what CT site shows (they probably don't want people to pricematch each other)
For CT, found a store that was selling an item for 49.99 but regular price is 149.99 (also price listed on their site). If this is in-store prices, how can I complete the send to my local store? When I add this to my cart it shows at full-price. Thoughts?
[OP]
Deal Fanatic
Aug 3, 2008
5188 posts
10399 upvotes
Ottawa
Franchise10 wrote: For CT, found a store that was selling an item for 49.99 but regular price is 149.99 (also price listed on their site). If this is in-store prices, how can I complete the send to my local store? When I add this to my cart it shows at full-price. Thoughts?
You can't buy online at this price, have to go in-store and finish transaction there. If this store is far away from you, you can try to come to your local store and ask them to price match in that particular store (they can verify price in their internal system, don't try to show them my tool as it's not official) Some people were successful doing so, but it's obviously YMMV.
Sep 8, 2003
324 posts
444 upvotes
seafish wrote: What's Android/Chrome version you're using?
Try a different browser (Firefox?)
LG G6 with Android 8.0.0
Chrome 71.0.3578.99 (permission for Camera, Mic, Storage and Location)

Tried Firefox and can't get a clear picture through your site (launching the camera makes the image look like double vision). Regardless it doesn't work either.
Digital Improvements
Most posts are via my mobile, so sorry for any duplicate posts, poor spelling/grammar, lack of photos and other details.
[OP]
Deal Fanatic
Aug 3, 2008
5188 posts
10399 upvotes
Ottawa
kingofwit wrote: LG G6 with Android 8.0.0
Chrome 71.0.3578.99 (permission for Camera, Mic, Storage and Location)

Tried Firefox and can't get a clear picture through your site (launching the camera makes the image look like double vision). Regardless it doesn't work either.
I have S8, with same Andoid and Chrome version, everything works fine. Firefox works as well. Not sure what can be a problem. Try uninstall Chrome?
Jan 11, 2019
64 posts
128 upvotes
This is like the best thing ever! Thanks Seafish!
Sep 8, 2003
324 posts
444 upvotes
seafish wrote: I have S8, with same Andoid and Chrome version, everything works fine. Firefox works as well. Not sure what can be a problem. Try uninstall Chrome?
Tested with G4 same problem. Tested with A8 and it works. Maybe a problem with LG phones?

Also: feature request - would be to have a browser plugin so that for instance if I am shopping a Walmart.ca (or similarly canadiantire.ca) and I find a product online the plug-in can pop-up a search for the same item - this was I can compare on-line prices to local store prices and see stock levels.
Digital Improvements
Most posts are via my mobile, so sorry for any duplicate posts, poor spelling/grammar, lack of photos and other details.
Deal Addict
Jul 18, 2005
2353 posts
794 upvotes
Toronto
kingofwit wrote: Tested with G4 same problem. Tested with A8 and it works. Maybe a problem with LG phones?

Also: feature request - would be to have a browser plugin so that for instance if I am shopping a Walmart.ca (or similarly canadiantire.ca) and I find a product online the plug-in can pop-up a search for the same item - this was I can compare on-line prices to local store prices and see stock levels.
+1 on browser plugin - that would be amazing, especially if we can just right click on a product ID and then say search.
[OP]
Deal Fanatic
Aug 3, 2008
5188 posts
10399 upvotes
Ottawa
kingofwit wrote: Tested with G4 same problem. Tested with A8 and it works. Maybe a problem with LG phones?

I will check on my wife's G4 tonight to see if it's, in fact, LG issue.
Franchise10 wrote: +1 on browser plugin - that would be amazing, especially if we can just right click on a product ID and then say search.
Just created a chrome plugin, to start it only works for walmart.ca
It just adds a button near 'Buy In-Store' to open stocktrack.ca with the UPC of a browsed item.
Or you can click on the UPC in the 'Specifications' area.
Images
  • screen1.png
Sep 8, 2003
324 posts
444 upvotes
I'm a fan of Firefox but this plugin would likely make me switch browsers!

Can we test it?
Digital Improvements
Sep 8, 2003
324 posts
444 upvotes
Missed the link. Downloading chrome now!
Digital Improvements
Deal Fanatic
Dec 23, 2008
5967 posts
3088 upvotes
Ottawa
Need an app for iOS & android, thanks
Buy Nice or Buy Twice.
Sep 8, 2003
324 posts
444 upvotes
Can I also suggest that the search function for walmart default to checked for "only search walmart stores". I can't imagine most people RFD (or even others) wanting to buy from the other merchants who sell at ridiculous prices and with questionable return policies.
Digital Improvements
[OP]
Deal Fanatic
Aug 3, 2008
5188 posts
10399 upvotes
Ottawa
kingofwit wrote: Can I also suggest that the search function for walmart default to checked for "only search walmart stores". I can't imagine most people RFD (or even others) wanting to buy from the other merchants who sell at ridiculous prices and with questionable return policies.
The reason I uncheck it by default is that some items that are available in stores might be sold only by 3rd party online (OOS by walmart) and once unchecked you won't see them could not easily find availability and prices in stores. This is quite rare though and I may switch it on by default.
Deal Addict
Jul 18, 2005
2353 posts
794 upvotes
Toronto
@seafish

#1. Is there anyway that we can enter a store number and all the sale items are listed? So instead of searching for item by item if we enter store #0194 all items on sale are returned if it meets a criteria (e.g. 50% of more off) and we can sort by item and discount? (Maybe there is something on sale that is such a good deal at a store that someone would pick it up but didn't know to search for it). for C-Tire?

#2. Is multiproduct search slated for C-Tire?
[OP]
Deal Fanatic
Aug 3, 2008
5188 posts
10399 upvotes
Ottawa
Franchise10 wrote: @seafish

#1. Is there anyway that we can enter a store number and all the sale items are listed? So instead of searching for item by item if we enter store #0194 all items on sale are returned if it meets a criteria (e.g. 50% of more off) and we can sort by item and discount? (Maybe there is something on sale that is such a good deal at a store that someone would pick it up but didn't know to search for it). for C-Tire?

#2. Is multiproduct search slated for C-Tire?
#1 I can possibly do a similar to 'Deals' section that is on walmart, but that will be based on queries that were made by other users of this tool. I can only do a pull from CT the same way that is done on CT site (like getting all clearance/sale items that are listed for a particular store). Unlike the first option, those results will not show store-specific sales that are not listed on CT.
#2 By 'multiproduct' you mean an item that has several product numbers? I can make it possible to select product number, but unfortunately, there is no information on what different product number means(like color/size etc.) So you'd still have to go and see what is it.
[OP]
Deal Fanatic
Aug 3, 2008
5188 posts
10399 upvotes
Ottawa
Good news!
I found a way to pull quantity information for most Walmart items.
I don't know if this information is more accurate/up to date than previous availability and I'm keeping both at least for now.
I noticed some items might have a status of 'OutOfStock', but there still quantity displayed (phantom stock?).
Also noticed that quantity is updated quite regularly. (I checked and noted quantities for Botan rice and they changed for some stores within an hour) So this might be actually updated in real time (can't confirm for now, will have to buy something).
May 20, 2008
455 posts
225 upvotes
Vaudreuil-Dorion
seafish wrote: Good news!
I found a way to pull quantity information for most Walmart items.
I don't know if this information is more accurate/up to date than previous availability and I'm keeping both at least for now.
I noticed some items might have a status of 'OutOfStock', but there still quantity displayed (phantom stock?).
Also noticed that quantity is updated quite regularly. (I checked and noted quantities for Botan rice and they changed for some stores within an hour) So this might be actually updated in real time (can't confirm for now, will have to buy something).
That's awesome news! Looking forward to giving this feature a try!

Thread Information

There is currently 1 user viewing this thread. (1 member and 0 guests)

Sutts00