• Last Updated:
  • Jun 20th, 2020 4:09 pm
Deal Fanatic
Mar 1, 2005
6567 posts
4487 upvotes
Toronto

Stolen 2016 Highlander (BZND 392)

Investigators are asking for the public’s help locating an unmarked Ontario Provincial Police vehicle that was stolen in Markham on Thursday.

Officers with York Regional Police were called to a home in the area of Main Street and Parkway Avenue just after 7 a.m.

Police said a Durham Regional Police officer reported that an unmarked vehicle issued to him by the Ontario Provincial Police had been stolen from his driveway.

Following an investigation, police determined the theft happened just after 3 a.m.

A police-issued rifle, handgun, ammunition, and two conductive energy weapons were inside of a locked compartment in the vehicle, police said.

The vehicle is described as a black 2016 Toyota Highlander with an Ontario licence plate BZND 392.

Anyone with information is asked to contact York Regional Police Auto/Cargo Theft Unit or Crime Stoppers

https://www.cp24.com/news/police-seek-p ... -1.4980416
:arrowd: B/S/T Threads :arrowd:
[FS] N/A
[WTB] N/A

price error
16 replies
Deal Expert
Aug 22, 2011
41802 posts
30056 upvotes
Center of Universe
Rifle, handgun and tasers are on the streets already and SUV in a container heading overseas.
I'm guessing they don't have this particular vehicle equipped with GPS tracking?
Deal Fanatic
Aug 29, 2011
9926 posts
7090 upvotes
Mississauga
I didn’t know that officers issued undercover vehicles were allowed to park them overnight and unattended at their residences.
Deal Expert
Feb 11, 2007
21248 posts
25711 upvotes
GTA
Lol, way to go cops. You'd think they'd put done extra security on the easily stolen Toyota's, or at least not leave weapons in them.
If the women don't find you handsome, they should at least find you handy.
Deal Expert
Aug 22, 2011
41802 posts
30056 upvotes
Center of Universe
mrweather wrote: I didn’t know that officers issued undercover vehicles were allowed to park them overnight and unattended at their residences.
At my previous home, we had a neighbor that was an OPP officer and he always had either a unmarked or marked SUV parked on the driveway overnight.
Sep 25, 2018
969 posts
1987 upvotes
Well, what can you do? Just report to insurance and live on with your life.

Cops won't do jack shit about stolen cars.

Wait it's a cop's car being stolen? I'm gonna go microwave my popcorn and enjoy the show!
Before you speak: THINK
T = is it True? H = is it Helpful? I = is it Inspiring? N = is it Necessary? K = is it Kind?
Dec 4, 2017
706 posts
734 upvotes
Toronto
This just costed tax payers aka all Ontarians to pay for replacement.

I understand they want to use a covert common vehicle but Toyota Highlander can be stolen easily. One would hope they installed a GPS tracker or perhaps the thieves dismantled it already.
Dec 16, 2014
932 posts
519 upvotes
Easter Island
why would OPP issue undercover car to a regional police officer? two different entities.
Feb 8, 2010
626 posts
574 upvotes
BeaverLiquor wrote: A police-issued rifle, handgun, ammunition, and two conductive energy weapons were inside of a locked compartment in the vehicle, police said.
I guess it is one of those high fire-rate full automatic C8 carbine? While they are banning us from owning "military style" ar15 with 5 round magazines, why police need so much firepower in a patrol vehicle?

http://military-today.com/firearms/c8.htm
Deal Expert
Feb 11, 2007
21248 posts
25711 upvotes
GTA
sunnykw2305 wrote: This just costed tax payers aka all Ontarians to pay for replacement.

I understand they want to use a covert common vehicle but Toyota Highlander can be stolen easily. One would hope they installed a GPS tracker or perhaps the thieves dismantled it already.
It's so easy to install a kill switch to prevent theft, especially while they're in there installing lights and sirens.
If the women don't find you handsome, they should at least find you handy.
Deal Addict
Nov 24, 2013
2547 posts
1902 upvotes
GTA
Law enforcement needs reform urgently.
Deal Addict
Jan 17, 2009
4533 posts
5072 upvotes
Toronto, Ontario
mrweather wrote: I didn’t know that officers issued undercover vehicles were allowed to park them overnight and unattended at their residences.
Do you expect them to drive and maintain their own cars like peasants? Why would they when the city provides vehicles for free.
Jul 12, 2013
366 posts
331 upvotes
Toyota anti-thief sucks. I saw a new 4 runner with steering wheel lock parking on the street when I walk by. It's funny. I only see steering wheel lock on the old civic before.
Deal Guru
Jan 11, 2004
10408 posts
1123 upvotes
Toronto
Aren't thoses cars gps tracked, with the laptop on a cellular connect police network, which probally knows where the location of the car is at all times?
"When operating the viewfinder diopter control with your eye to the viewfinder, care should be taken not to put your finger in your eye accidentally."

Thread Information

There is currently 1 user viewing this thread. (0 members and 1 guest)