Pets

[STOLEN] A small white puppy was stolen in the Markham area - August 22nd

• Last Updated:
  • Nov 14th, 2017 3:12 pm
Jun 18, 2012
219 posts
132 upvotes
MARKHAM
abstract808 wrote: Don't forget to check the online classifieds. That's where I found stuff that was stolen from my car a few years ago.

Not that the police helped at all, but it's a starting point.
We are constantly checking online ads/classifieds for him but haven't seen anything yet :(

Chickinvic wrote: Hopefully this is posted to local facebook groups? For example here in Ottawa there is Ottawa Valley Lost Pets Network (or something like that). Great network for advertising on Facebook lost furry friends (or found ones if you happen to find someone else's pet).

Hopefully they find the little guy:(
We have posted on several lost and found pets groups on FB for different areas, as well as posts on other social media networks. Fingers crossed
Jun 18, 2012
219 posts
132 upvotes
MARKHAM
******UPDATE******

Mickey's story has now been published on the Toronto Star!
And a great big thank you to Alanna, the Toronto Star reporter that was so kind to publish an article about Mickey (link below). We are immensely grateful for all of the support/help from her and everyone here. Thanks to everyone, the situation is getting the attention it needs to find Mickey.

https://www.thestar.com/news/gta/2017/0 ... porch.html

Another important thing to note, Mickey's ID tag was found buried in one of the condo's flowerbeds by working landscapers. There is more security footage being reviewed now. It doesn't 100% mean that Mickey is in one of the condos, but it gives us ground to investigate further, and hopefully the police will be able to help.

If whoever has Mickey reads this, please just bring him back. His leash is still on the front porch, you can bring him back at any time, no questions asked. You can just safely secure him back without letting anyone know. The owners promise not to press charges, all we want is Mickey back safe and sound.
Deal Addict
Dec 21, 2010
1864 posts
1170 upvotes
GTA
I can tell you that walking up to a random white dog on a broken leash with a blue tag in the Warden and Hwy 7 area and then bending down and posing next to said dog with the poster of Mickey and the furiously snapping photos is enough reason for a woman to run screaming from a hair salon and almost accuse you of stealing her dog.

So, note to all, we are not kidding when we say "do not approach".

But the hope is there and the owners are so beyond thankful to know (and read) the outpouring of feedback and support.
Award Winning Realtor - I LOVE MY JOB!!
At the end of the day, you're the boss and need to make sure I'm worth your rate of pay!
Deal Fanatic
Dec 31, 2007
5252 posts
1905 upvotes
Richmond Hill
OP, thanks for the update. Best of luck. Hope the buried tag and footage provides an ending.
"Buy now, think later. This is the way."
Deal Addict
Dec 21, 2010
1864 posts
1170 upvotes
GTA
Bumping it up! We need to find Mickey!!
At the end of the day, you're the boss and need to make sure I'm worth your rate of pay!
Apr 18, 2008
353 posts
104 upvotes
My dog was stolen many years ago. The people who stole my dog contacted us for money. The police helped me get it back. Best of luck.
Banned
Jun 19, 2017
256 posts
180 upvotes
I dont understand.. Why was your dog tied up and alone on the porch?? Am I missing something
Deal Addict
Dec 21, 2010
1864 posts
1170 upvotes
GTA
Actually, you are missing something. And to be quite honest, you're missing the point of this thread if that is what you are focused on. Nevermind that someone came up onto private property. Nevermind someone stole something that did not belong to them. Nevermind that a little girl is absolutely gutted.

What you are "missing" here is the point of this post.

Now unless you want to be a little more compassionate and not try to play the "blame the victim" game, I suggest you not offer up any more ridiculous comments. Clearly you are not an animal lover.
Banned
Jun 19, 2017
256 posts
180 upvotes
loriblum wrote: Actually, you are missing something. And to be quite honest, you're missing the point of this thread if that is what you are focused on. Nevermind that someone came up onto private property. Nevermind someone stole something that did not belong to them. Nevermind that a little girl is absolutely gutted.

What you are "missing" here is the point of this post.

Now unless you want to be a little more compassionate and not try to play the "blame the victim" game, I suggest you not offer up any more ridiculous comments. Clearly you are not an animal lover.
No one wants to lose a dog... but I'd like to know if the dog was tied up and left alone on the porch.

I have nothing to prove to you regarding my love for animals.
Deal Addict
Dec 21, 2010
1864 posts
1170 upvotes
GTA
varano wrote: No one wants to lose a dog... but I'd like to know if the dog was tied up and left alone on the porch.

I have nothing to prove to you regarding my love for animals.
If you bothered to read the entire post, including the article in The Toronto Star which was highlighted, you would find your answer. However, you made an assumption and you are being very harsh in your response given the situation so I would rather not continue to engage you as you are not offering any valuable contribution to this thread other than negativity which we don't need, thankyouverymuch.
Banned
Jun 19, 2017
256 posts
180 upvotes
loriblum wrote: If you bothered to read the entire post, including the article in The Toronto Star which was highlighted, you would find your answer. However, you made an assumption and you are being very harsh in your response given the situation so I would rather not continue to engage you as you are not offering any valuable contribution to this thread other than negativity which we don't need, thankyouverymuch.
Im not being negative. I'm trying to figure out why the dog was tied on the porch. Chances are that If the dog was actually stolen in five minutes...
that this is a regular occurrence and that the they were being scouted nightly for trends regarding the dog. This is how thieves work. But in any case its a local job most likely.

The local kids have said to me that if they had the chance, they would steal my dog because my dog is simply an amazing dog. It wouldn't take much for a local kid to tell dad to steal the dog.
Deal Expert
Mar 9, 2007
15618 posts
13276 upvotes
Think of the Childre…
Should constantly check on kijiji / craiglist for your dog as well. They might be trying to sell.

WOULD SOMEBODY THINK OF THE CHILDREN!!!
Deal Fanatic
Dec 31, 2007
5252 posts
1905 upvotes
Richmond Hill
varano wrote: Im not being negative. I'm trying to figure out why the dog was tied on the porch. Chances are that If the dog was actually stolen in five minutes...
that this is a regular occurrence and that the they were being scouted nightly for trends regarding the dog. This is how thieves work. But in any case its a local job most likely.

The local kids have said to me that if they had the chance, they would steal my dog because my dog is simply an amazing dog. It wouldn't take much for a local kid to tell dad to steal the dog.
How is determining why the dog was left unattended a key question?

That's like the equivalent of "hey I remote started my car and it got stolen what should I do?" and someone responds with "hey why did you start your car unattended on your driveway?"

I would like to think that for most people, the decision to remote start their car, is based on a number of factors, one of which is how likely would it get stolen if left unattended. And that the % of people remotely starting their cars is inversely proportional to that probability.

I see no difference between the example and this thread, and so your question has no bearing on figuring out OP's options on moving forward.

And just as a note to your callout on Sept 5th on the most probable cause of how it got stolen, it was already mentioned by OP in TheStar's published article on Aug 25th. But you had probably deduced that way in advance already.
"Buy now, think later. This is the way."
Deal Addict
Apr 25, 2011
1473 posts
1208 upvotes
British Columbia
varano wrote: No one wants to lose a dog... but I'd like to know if the dog was tied up and left alone on the porch.
How is the answer relevant? What if the dog had been loose in a yard or what if the dog had been sitting inside by an open window? Why do these factors make a difference to you? It is still a reprehensible act of tresspassing and stealing of a beloved family member.

People are opportunistic and any number of things can be stolen right under your nose no matter where you are or how closeby you are. However when on your own property people usually let their guard down a little. Walking around paranoid about robbers/kidnappers etc. 24/7 doesn't get you anywhere (besides maybe in the loony bin).

OP, best of luck getting your dog back! I know how stressful it is when a pet goes missing.
Deal Expert
Oct 13, 2009
21200 posts
10721 upvotes
Iqaluit, NU
Any updates on this?
Re: Procurement, Life & RFD
nasa25: say you won it in a raffle. That's what I do with like 86% of my purchases
infinityloop: Lying to your SO seems like an unhealthy long term strategy
nasa25: lmao
Deal Expert
Oct 13, 2009
21200 posts
10721 upvotes
Iqaluit, NU
bump
Re: Procurement, Life & RFD
nasa25: say you won it in a raffle. That's what I do with like 86% of my purchases
infinityloop: Lying to your SO seems like an unhealthy long term strategy
nasa25: lmao