Automotive

Stone chip paint repair in East GTA/Durham region?

• Last Updated:
  • May 12th, 2021 9:48 am
[OP]
Oct 29, 2009
631 posts
311 upvotes

Stone chip paint repair in East GTA/Durham region?

I have a good handful of 2-3mm diameter stone chips right down to the primer/metal on the hood of my Focus RS. Other than the chips themselves the paint is quite nice and does not have general road-rash. I have some experience with filling these myself with mixed success. Does anybody have any recommendations for a shop (or even better a mobile service) that does nice work at filling stone chips? Located in Durham region but don't mind driving a little for good service. Would also like to know what to expect for cost if anybody has had this done on their car.
4 replies
[OP]
Oct 29, 2009
631 posts
311 upvotes
I've seen some people refer to Paint Force on here. Reviews do seem a bit dated. In one RFD post the member who called him with a similar request to mine (multiple stone chip repair) resulted in them recommending the owner fill them himself. Guess he doesn't like stone chip work :).
Deal Fanatic
Oct 13, 2008
5101 posts
2006 upvotes
Wash the car clean.

Towel dry.

Use a touchup pen.

Then air dry.

Then seal with a coat of ceramic wax.

All DIY.
16'x11' Living Room 11' Cathedral Ceiling. Hisense 65Q8G. Denon AVR-S740H 7.2 setup. Jamo Classic 10 280W Towers - FR+FL; Polk S35 - Center; Klipsch R51M - RR+RL; Klipsch R14M - Dolby FHR+FHL; Polk HTS10 Subwoofer x2. Unlocked Android Boxes from Taiwan x2
[OP]
Oct 29, 2009
631 posts
311 upvotes
Hard to do touch-up pen well. I've had some success with a touch-up pen followed by very careful wet-sanding, then compound, then polish. But I was hoping a professional could do even better. This seems like a difficult service to find but I know it can be done. We went to pick up our brand new F150 a couple years ago and found that there was an obvious stone chip on the door right around the door handle (wasn't there when we signed the deal). The dealership had a guy come in to fix it and to this day I can't find it.
Deal Addict
Jun 12, 2008
2997 posts
665 upvotes
Ancaster
PaintForce doesn't do stonechip repairs. I've been at car dealerships a couple of times and seen mobile paint chip guys doing work for the dealers. Maybe you could inquire with the Ford dealer where you bought your car to see if they'll give the name of the guy they use for stone chips.

This company looks like one of the ones that the dealerships use and has locations all over the GTA. I don't know anything about them so probably a good idea to see if you can find reviews on them.
https://touchuprx.ca/en/touchup-rx-auto ... ip-repair/

This is another company that services dealers but is located in Hamilton. I'm not sure if they have a mobile service. You could contact them and ask.
https://www.autopaintninja.com/