Real Estate

Stoney Creek Hamilton - good investment ?

• Last Updated:
  • Oct 13th, 2020 1:25 am
[OP]
Jan 19, 2013
317 posts
304 upvotes

Stoney Creek Hamilton - good investment ?

All, was looking into the real estate listings for the last couple of days. Saw some nice lakeside town homes in Stoney Creek Hamilton. Prices are reasonable compared to properties in other places.

Was wondering is it a good investment ? Also how is it living there ( I am also considering moving out of my condo in Mississauga , still not decided on that. I work in Mississauga ) ?

The lakeshore area seems to be surrounded by industrial belt , so wondering if it is safe also.

Any response will be of great help , thanks in advance :)
3 replies
Jun 1, 2019
157 posts
168 upvotes
My parents and wife's parents live in the area. I do real estate in the area. Stoney Creek is a sound investment... easy to get to GTA (if needed). Safe, convenient. Good rental opportunities for owners, if that becomes an option.
Full Service Realtor
Niagara / Hamilton-Burlington
Apr 19, 2016
216 posts
184 upvotes
GTA, ontario
IMO Stoney Creek is gross. You are always downwind from the heavy industry and pollution. You can smell it. Also on the mountain there are several dumps that smell. You want to be on the other side ie. Burlington or Oakville. Wind goes West to East most times.
--- +++ There is a 255 character limit in signature +++ ---
[OP]
Jan 19, 2013
317 posts
304 upvotes
thanks for your responses ... I went there today also , and overall liked the area .. its definitely quiet far , but at the same time the go station up-gradation and a lot of projects are coming up in that area , so it looks promising.. regarding the smell will keep that in mind ( thanks for this , definitely this is something only locals will know .. ) .. I liked the lake shore , bike paths in the area and it felt quiet safe ..