• Last Updated:
  • Jan 13th, 2021 1:11 pm
Tags:
[OP]
Aug 11, 2019
258 posts
253 upvotes

storage case with foam inserts

im looking for one of those protective cases with foam inserts that i can cut out to customize the shape and size for camera equipments and stuff. something like this, but you know, not $280 CAD, because it's $63 USD on harbor freight.

anyway, obviously apache is out of the question, cuz i can only find 1 listing on amazon, 1 on walmart, and they are both disgustingly overpriced. unfortunately harbor freight doesnt seem to do international shipping anymore.

so i looked on amazon, and i found nanuk. i read some reviews on other cases that happened to bring up the name along side pelican, which i know is one of the better ones. does anybody have experience with nanuk? can you attest to the quality of nanuk being on a similar level as pelican? cuz if it is, the prices on amazon isnt horrible, still more expensive than MSRP on nanuk website, but at least not 5-6 times more.

i also tried princess auto, and i found 2 types, aluminum ones like this, and plastic "impact resistant" ones like this, does anybody have experience with these? the pictures are quite confusing, i cant even tell if they have the precut foam inserts i need.

lastly, if anybody has any other recommendations for budget storage cases with foam inserts, or where to look for them in canada (maybe i just didnt find the right place that sells apache cases?), please let me know. needs to be decent quality, not something like this. thank you!
2 replies
[OP]
Aug 11, 2019
258 posts
253 upvotes
droidkid wrote: I have experience with the Amazon basic ones and the Nanuk ones. To be honest the Amazon basic one was just fine. We used these at work to carry mobile devices.

https://www.amazon.ca/dp/B01L0LVDJO/ref ... d_wg=SvSHr
ya i saw that one, i was reading the reviews for it, looks like it cant stand vertically with the handle on top, it will either by tilted, or fall over, that would drive my OCD crazy. and also, some people had some water leaking issues, for the most part i dont be submerging it under water, but i will have to contemplate on that risk a bit...