Food & Drink

Store-bought sweets that are vegan and don't contain palm oil

• Last Updated:
  • Sep 13th, 2021 11:23 am
Feb 20, 2018
365 posts
2790 upvotes

Store-bought sweets that are vegan and don't contain palm oil

Does anyone know of any store-bought sweets that meet the criterias below? They can be cookies, cakes, pastries, granola bars, chocolates, etc. It is preferable that they are carried in big chain stores like Supertore, Walmart, London Drugs, No Frills, Buy Low Foods, etc.

1) Vegan

2) No palm oil, palm oil shortening, etc

3) If it contains chocolate, it must be fair trade chocolate

4) No Nestle or its subsidiary brands

Thanks
10 replies
Feb 20, 2018
365 posts
2790 upvotes
UrbanPoet wrote: Browse the organic section of Loblaws.
Thanks for the suggestion. I never thought about browsing the organics section.
Deal Expert
Jan 27, 2004
52935 posts
18144 upvotes
ONTARIO
Gedfrad wrote: Thanks for the suggestion. I never thought about browsing the organics section.
Yah they have all sorts of hippy stuff like that in the organics section. It doubles as a health food section.

I think Metro has one too… like a organic/health food section.

Farm Boy and Wholefoods for sure have tons of what youre looking for. Just walk down their junk food section you’ll see stuff like that.
Feb 20, 2018
365 posts
2790 upvotes
UrbanPoet wrote: Yah they have all sorts of hippy stuff like that in the organics section. It doubles as a health food section.

I think Metro has one too… like a organic/health food section.

Farm Boy and Wholefoods for sure have tons of what youre looking for. Just walk down their junk food section you’ll see stuff like that.
I rarely shop in the organics section, but I will take a look the next time I visit my local grocer.

They don't have Farm Boy in my city, but I will check out Whole Foods when I get a chance. I've never visited one before even though there's one not too far away.
Feb 20, 2018
365 posts
2790 upvotes
zoro69 wrote: check here, this is chocolate, you can change to others. If Loblaws has it, it will be cheaper there

https://well.ca/categories/chocolate_1527.html

or cookies

https://well.ca/categories/cookies-biscuits_1182.html

or change to whatever

o
Thanks, that's a useful site. I will play around with the filters later. Too bad they don't have a filter for fair trade chocolates. I'll just have to look at the pictures for any fair trade chocolate certifications.
Deal Fanatic
Jun 19, 2001
9537 posts
3186 upvotes
they do have fair trade filter

Fair Trade (90)

I see it doesnt keep them on once I post the link
If you aren't willing to take small losses, then you will take big losses. This is my guarantee. -
Mark Minervini
Feb 20, 2018
365 posts
2790 upvotes
zoro69 wrote: they do have fair trade filter

Fair Trade (90)

I see it doesnt keep them on once I post the link
Thanks for the heads up. I will try again later on my desktop.