Entrepreneurship & Small Business

Store closing where can I find company that buys all my inventory

  • Last Updated:
  • Apr 8th, 2019 9:41 am
[OP]
Newbie
Sep 1, 2016
30 posts
7 upvotes

Store closing where can I find company that buys all my inventory

I have to shut down my warehouse by end of this month. Have lots of new dresses; swimwear,wigs; jewelry supply ; chains to sell. Can someone tell me where to find any company that would buy all inventories? Have looked through Kijiji but it seems the same guy is posting all the same ad. Would find more than one company so at least can give me a better offer.
24 replies
[OP]
Newbie
Sep 1, 2016
30 posts
7 upvotes
shepkraft wrote: The only problem with liquidation is they tend to offer 10 cents on the dollar. First, try to sell a different way so you don't lose too much.
Thank you! I contacted one liquidator today, They asked me to put all in excel sheet with the pictures; price per unit bla bla bla. I honestly don't have time to go through all that paperwork and in the end they only offer me 10 cents like you mentioned. All my products are good quality stuff.The only problem is all my items are in plastic bags and they are mostly individual style so it makes hard to send them pictures. Beside Kijiji, I really dont know what other quick way to sell them.
Deal Addict
Feb 5, 2009
2809 posts
928 upvotes
Newmarket
shepkraft wrote: The only problem with liquidation is they tend to offer 10 cents on the dollar. First, try to sell a different way so you don't lose too much.
Well, they are like vultures. OP is in a tough situation, has to leave the warehouse, has to sell quickly, and has no time. It will be very hard to find anyone who will offer significantly more than 10c on the dollar.
What different way do you suggest in this predicament? I have a feeling if there was a better way to sell it the product would already be sold.
Ebay?
[OP]
Newbie
Sep 1, 2016
30 posts
7 upvotes
Homerhomer wrote: Well, they are like vultures. OP is in a tough situation, has to leave the warehouse, has to sell quickly, and has no time. It will be very hard to find anyone who will offer significantly more than 10c on the dollar.
What different way do you suggest in this predicament? I have a feeling if there was a better way to sell it the product would already be sold.
Ebay?
Yrs ago I dealt with this gentleman who came to my warehouse looked at my stuff, and offered me a price and sell to other countries . But its so hard to find these guys now.
Deal Expert
User avatar
Aug 2, 2010
15195 posts
4880 upvotes
Here 'n There
10 cents on the dollar might sound low, but it's a fair price because competition certainly hasn't driven that up. If such inventory was in high demand the price would go up. Getting rid of all manner of different kinds of inventory isn't easy for the buyer either so there has to be a big upside.
Last edited by eonibm on Mar 8th, 2019 7:51 am, edited 1 time in total.
Newbie
Jun 21, 2009
41 posts
12 upvotes
I’m not sure if this would work with a huge quantity of goods but maxsold.com? It’s usually for estate sales/downsizing but if you were thinking kijiji this might be easier.
Penalty Box
Jun 24, 2015
3871 posts
1140 upvotes
Woodbridge, ON
sell them to the booths at the local Flea markets or open your own booth at the flea market and sell them there
Hi
[OP]
Newbie
Sep 1, 2016
30 posts
7 upvotes
GoodFellaz wrote: sell them to the booths at the local Flea markets or open your own booth at the flea market and sell them there
yah I have been thinking of that. Perhaps I will just rent a storage and when I get free time I will try to sell to the flea market myself.

Thank you all for the great tips!
Deal Expert
User avatar
Aug 2, 2010
15195 posts
4880 upvotes
Here 'n There
jenniferz wrote: yah I have been thinking of that. Perhaps I will just rent a storage and when I get free time I will try to sell to the flea market myself.

Thank you all for the great tips!
If you put it in storage it will be out of place out of mind and you'll never do it...
Deal Expert
Aug 22, 2006
27311 posts
12940 upvotes
Try an auction.
Money you get varies.
I've personally stolen some stuff for pennies on the dollar. My other favorite passtime is watching suckers pay sometimes twice retail for scratch and dent goods.

I don't know exactly how the selling side works, but I'm fairly certain the auction house only takes their fee and you get the full value of the bid.
eonibm wrote: If you put it in storage it will be out of place out of mind and you'll never do it...
Story of my life...
[OP]
Newbie
Sep 1, 2016
30 posts
7 upvotes
death_hawk wrote: Try an auction.
Money you get varies.
I've personally stolen some stuff for pennies on the dollar. My other favorite passtime is watching suckers pay sometimes twice retail for scratch and dent goods.

I don't know exactly how the selling side works, but I'm fairly certain the auction house only takes their fee and you get the full value of the bid.



Story of my life...

Thank you! what kind of auction site do you recommend? is it local? because some of my products are too heavy to ship.
Deal Expert
Aug 22, 2006
27311 posts
12940 upvotes
jenniferz wrote: Thank you! what kind of auction site do you recommend? is it local? because some of my products are too heavy to ship.
I mean... eBay is a thing, but I would for sure get a local guy to do it.

I don't know where you are, but every major city has one.

Assuming your stuff is big/numerous enough, they may hold it on site or pack it up and bring it to their warehouse.
Either way, everything is sold on site (be it theirs or yours) as is, where is.

Top