Real Estate

Stouffville Developments (Fieldgate, Opus, Deco, Mattamy, Sorbara, Starlane, etc.)

• Last Updated:
  • Nov 21st, 2020 6:22 pm
Tags:
Deal Fanatic
Sep 14, 2006
8652 posts
1347 upvotes
lichda wrote: Looking for a townhouse in Stouffville...Would I be looking at $650k plus now ?
Precon? I think starting now is around $700+ single car garage.
TEAM CANADA!!!!!!!!!!!
Deal Addict
Dec 21, 2007
1140 posts
97 upvotes
Markham
I purchased a townhouse in this development (Opus Homes) prices started at high 600's for the smallest unit.
Deal Fanatic
Sep 14, 2006
8652 posts
1347 upvotes
rapsrealm wrote: I purchased a townhouse in this development (Opus Homes) prices started at high 600's for the smallest unit.
How small is it? The cityside fieldgate single car garage 3 floors 1800+ starts at 700s. I think 760k when I asked.
TEAM CANADA!!!!!!!!!!!
May 26, 2008
597 posts
111 upvotes
I bought from Starlane for 730 in July for 2200 sq feet traditional town
Deal Addict
Dec 21, 2007
1140 posts
97 upvotes
Markham
bobbings wrote:
How small is it? The cityside fieldgate single car garage 3 floors 1800+ starts at 700s. I think 760k when I asked.
It was 1500 square feet. I ended up getting the model 1 tier above for low 700s.
Jan 1, 2015
156 posts
25 upvotes
Guelph, ON
Thanks for the inputs! I feel like Stouffville TH prices is almost in pair with certain parts of Markham(North of 16th Cornell for example) now ?
Deal Addict
Mar 27, 2004
4629 posts
2277 upvotes
Toronto
lichda wrote: Thanks for the inputs! I feel like Stouffville TH prices is almost in pair with certain parts of Markham(North of 16th Cornell for example) now ?
almost
Full-time Realtor
Deal Fanatic
Sep 14, 2006
8652 posts
1347 upvotes
lichda wrote: Thanks for the inputs! I feel like Stouffville TH prices is almost in pair with certain parts of Markham(North of 16th Cornell for example) now ?
Ya, certain Stouffville areas is up and coming and could potentially be priced the same as some Markham neighbourhoods as more people choose to go a little further out of Markham. Box Grove and Greensborough are 2 areas in Markham with new development but the area isn’t as hot as others like Wismer and Berczy.

I see the Bluesky development (48 and Bethesda and 9th and Bethesda) as good potential areas in Stouffville.
TEAM CANADA!!!!!!!!!!!
Deal Fanatic
Sep 14, 2006
8652 posts
1347 upvotes
rapsrealm wrote: It was 1500 square feet. I ended up getting the model 1 tier above for low 700s.
Congrats! Is that in Cityside?
TEAM CANADA!!!!!!!!!!!
Deal Addict
Dec 20, 2018
3983 posts
3195 upvotes
West side of 10th line should be selling soon as they got the holding lifted , zba submitted for citywide to add/adjust some of the lots in phase 1B

Also, fairgate decided to finish off their subdivision beside fieldgates blue sky but they let their approval lapse and have to resubmit...woops! Lol
[OP]
Jan 30, 2008
666 posts
154 upvotes
StatsGuy wrote: West side of 10th line should be selling soon as they got the holding lifted , zba submitted for citywide to add/adjust some of the lots in phase 1B

Also, fairgate decided to finish off their subdivision beside fieldgates blue sky but they let their approval lapse and have to resubmit...woops! Lol
Westside of 10th south of Mantle (Trailways), you mean?

How'd you find this out?
Jan 29, 2007
273 posts
57 upvotes
Markham
Stouffville homes are relatively new. Some are 0-5 years and some are 6-15 years. Personal preference but you may want to think about buying resale homes especially if the sellers are original owners. Usually on new builds from personal experience (I just sold my townhome in Stouffville which was originally a pre-construction and I am the original owner), there are going to be issues left and right, small issues, regardless of which builder. 90% of them will be dealth through Tarion warranty and will be fixed by the builder. Remaining 10% of the issues really comes after a couple years of living in the house, and sneakily so right after your first couple years of tarrion warranty expiration, and the fixes will come out of pocket. If resale by an original owner who lives there with family, chances are they've likely fixed all these issues by the time you buy, and house is ready to be enjoyed at approximately the same price and probably a more ideal location in stouffville (closer to Go Train, more south or more west).

Just my two cents.
Deal Addict
Dec 20, 2018
3983 posts
3195 upvotes
azia wrote: Westside of 10th south of Mantle (Trailways), you mean?

How'd you find this out?
Yes that location

I know because I am indirectly involved through the engineering consulting works
[OP]
Jan 30, 2008
666 posts
154 upvotes
StatsGuy wrote: Yes that location

I know because I am indirectly involved through the engineering consulting works
Thanks! I appreciate the heads up. Hopefully a release is coming this fall.
Deal Fanatic
Sep 14, 2006
8652 posts
1347 upvotes
Looks like Fieldgates homes at the East Village in Bluesky is being released soon. Floorplans are out and they are all double car garages with 36' lots as the smallest ones. I was told starting would be in the 900s but who knows if they will increase it when they officially release it given how hot the market is.
TEAM CANADA!!!!!!!!!!!

Thread Information

There is currently 1 user viewing this thread. (0 members and 1 guest)