Real Estate

Stouffville Developments (Fieldgate, Opus, Deco, Mattamy, Sorbara, Starlane, etc.)

  • Last Updated:
  • Oct 21st, 2020 10:11 pm
Tags:
Jr. Member
Jan 1, 2015
156 posts
25 upvotes
Guelph, ON
I emailed Trailways(by Sorbara) and learned they are don't have any townhouses to sell any this point. Does anyone know which develop is going to release townhouses ?
It appears Cityside is sold out as well :(
Deal Fanatic
User avatar
Sep 14, 2006
8596 posts
1303 upvotes
lichda wrote: I emailed Trailways(by Sorbara) and learned they are don't have any townhouses to sell any this point. Does anyone know which develop is going to release townhouses ?
It appears Cityside is sold out as well :(
Fieldgate cityside is sold out? They released a couple of blocks of the three story towns recently. What about Starlane?
TEAM CANADA!!!!!!!!!!!
Jr. Member
Jan 1, 2015
156 posts
25 upvotes
Guelph, ON
bobbings wrote: Fieldgate cityside is sold out? They released a couple of blocks of the three story towns recently. What about Starlane?
Sorry Fieldgate cityside is not sold out !
Penalty Box
Apr 1, 2010
278 posts
82 upvotes
Toronto
Chickennbeans wrote: Lol at $1.2m being a steal in Stouffville.

I know buyer behaviour supports the pricing, but from a third party perspective, that's just insane.
Lol ya I remember looking at Fieldgate Blue Sky Stouffville back in 2008 and they were 420k for 2800sq ft detached 4-bed 2-car garage. Thought that was too much back then for the area, at least it’s built up with a lot more retail along Stouffville Rd. Oh my how times have changed...
Deal Fanatic
Feb 22, 2011
7257 posts
7679 upvotes
Toronto
Chickennbeans wrote:
I know, they're going for pretty high numbers. Just saying that it's value is clearly as a commodity rather than as a residence.
Most people buying these precon houses are living there so this comment really makes no sense. People want to live close to Toronto, check out what $1.2m gets you in Toronto. In many places that won't even get you a plot of land, let alone a house too.

For instance I want to raise my children in a house close to Toronto, what exactly are you proposing I do instead?
Deal Addict
Jan 12, 2017
1051 posts
492 upvotes
While Toronto pricing is quite high,$1.2m can definitely get you a decent detached home, and probably larger lots! I think there's a thread on here that highlighted a few options. The huntingwood area is one example. Calling Stouffville 'close' to Toronto is a joke. There are plenty of farm fields in Markham that are closer to Toronto!

If that is what you wanted, draw a 50km driving route to Toronto and you'll find plenty more value. You're past Ajax to the East, into Burlington in the West. Stouffville is not only the most expensive for what you get, but is the worst direction to head in. Along the 401 gets you on either deeper in the Golden horseshoe, closer to Kingston/Montreal, hospitals, the airport or the Muskoka's.
mazerbeaner wrote: Most people buying these precon houses are living there so this comment really makes no sense. People want to live close to Toronto, check out what $1.2m gets you in Toronto. In many places that won't even get you a plot of land, let alone a house too.

For instance I want to raise my children in a house close to Toronto, what exactly are you proposing I do instead?
Member
Jan 29, 2007
264 posts
55 upvotes
Markham
yo no hating
Chickennbeans wrote: While Toronto pricing is quite high,$1.2m can definitely get you a decent detached home, and probably larger lots! I think there's a thread on here that highlighted a few options. The huntingwood area is one example. Calling Stouffville 'close' to Toronto is a joke. There are plenty of farm fields in Markham that are closer to Toronto!

If that is what you wanted, draw a 50km driving route to Toronto and you'll find plenty more value. You're past Ajax to the East, into Burlington in the West. Stouffville is not only the most expensive for what you get, but is the worst direction to head in. Along the 401 gets you on either deeper in the Golden horseshoe, closer to Kingston/Montreal, hospitals, the airport or the Muskoka's.
[OP]
Sr. Member
User avatar
Jan 30, 2008
658 posts
148 upvotes
Chickennbeans wrote: While Toronto pricing is quite high,$1.2m can definitely get you a decent detached home, and probably larger lots! I think there's a thread on here that highlighted a few options. The huntingwood area is one example. Calling Stouffville 'close' to Toronto is a joke. There are plenty of farm fields in Markham that are closer to Toronto!

If that is what you wanted, draw a 50km driving route to Toronto and you'll find plenty more value. You're past Ajax to the East, into Burlington in the West. Stouffville is not only the most expensive for what you get, but is the worst direction to head in. Along the 401 gets you on either deeper in the Golden horseshoe, closer to Kingston/Montreal, hospitals, the airport or the Muskoka's.
I find this comment laughable. If you don't see the appeal of Stouffville, don't buy. Not everyone purchases their HOME (yes, I said home, not simply a roofed structured) by measuring distance to Toronto. If you define value by dollar to distance, that's fine. Some people prefer quality to quantity....and some have figured out there are still areas where you can get quality AND still some decent quantity.

Also, why in the world are those places that you listed selling points? LOL.
Deal Addict
Jan 12, 2017
1051 posts
492 upvotes
I was responding to MB's comment referring to Toronto and perspective buyers' options other than Stouffville. No comment on those who have already bought emotionally.

I see you've really add some context. Seems houses in Stouffville are filled to the brim with some secret quality that you can't find in other GTA developments. I had no idea.
azia wrote: I find this comment laughable. If you don't see the appeal of Stouffville, don't buy. Not everyone purchases their HOME (yes, I said home, not simply a roofed structured) by measuring distance to Toronto. If you define value by dollar to distance, that's fine. Some people prefer quality to quantity....and some have figured out there are still areas where you can get quality AND still some decent quantity.

Also, why in the world are those places that you listed selling points? LOL.
Member
Jan 29, 2007
264 posts
55 upvotes
Markham
It's alright. Stouffville doesn't want him anyway.
azia wrote: I find this comment laughable. If you don't see the appeal of Stouffville, don't buy. Not everyone purchases their HOME (yes, I said home, not simply a roofed structured) by measuring distance to Toronto. If you define value by dollar to distance, that's fine. Some people prefer quality to quantity....and some have figured out there are still areas where you can get quality AND still some decent quantity.

Also, why in the world are those places that you listed selling points? LOL.
Deal Fanatic
User avatar
Sep 14, 2006
8596 posts
1303 upvotes
Chickennbeans wrote: While Toronto pricing is quite high,$1.2m can definitely get you a decent detached home, and probably larger lots! I think there's a thread on here that highlighted a few options. The huntingwood area is one example. Calling Stouffville 'close' to Toronto is a joke. There are plenty of farm fields in Markham that are closer to Toronto!

If that is what you wanted, draw a 50km driving route to Toronto and you'll find plenty more value. You're past Ajax to the East, into Burlington in the West. Stouffville is not only the most expensive for what you get, but is the worst direction to head in. Along the 401 gets you on either deeper in the Golden horseshoe, closer to Kingston/Montreal, hospitals, the airport or the Muskoka's.
Why is it a joke that Stouffville is close to Toronto? Toronto is just south of Steeles so I'd say it's pretty close. 1 extra Go station north of Mount Joy (in Markham) so it's not too far from the financial district by Union Station.

It basically comes down to what you need and want in your house as well as where your job is and where you spend most of your time. Stouffville is growing and it's getting people from Markham to move there. Imagine in the Berczy area if you have a 3000 sq ft detached, you can sell it for $1.8M+ and then you buy the $1.2M house in Stouffville, that's pretty nice.

What I do find as a joke is how developers advertise their sites to be within minutes from the 404 and 407 LOL That's really stretching the truth. While a 15 minute drive to the 404 is still considered minutes, it's not what people interpret it to be.
TEAM CANADA!!!!!!!!!!!
Jr. Member
Jan 1, 2015
156 posts
25 upvotes
Guelph, ON
Just talked to sales people from Fieldgate Cityside and learned that 2000 square foot freehold TH is listed at 760k now !

Is that a good location in Stouffville ?
Images
  • Screen Shot 2020-08-31 at 2.19.40 PM.png
Member
Jan 29, 2007
264 posts
55 upvotes
Markham
Yes seems like alot of new builds in that area - thats where you want to be. Not very far drive from go train station.
lichda wrote: Just talked to sales people from Fieldgate Cityside and learned that 2000 square foot freehold TH is listed at 760k now !

Is that a good location in Stouffville ?
Jr. Member
Jan 1, 2015
156 posts
25 upvotes
Guelph, ON
ky.antz wrote: Yes seems like alot of new builds in that area - thats where you want to be. Not very far drive from go train station.
Looks like its a short drive from Markham! Anyone knows what the commute between Stouffville and Markham like during winter ? Are those roads plowed regularly ?
Member
Jan 29, 2007
264 posts
55 upvotes
Markham
Lived in stouffville for 5 years travelling to Markham almost on a daily basis. No issues there, roads plowed regularly. Stouffville road going both westbound and eastbound very smooth, and kennedy/mccowan/9th line/10thline going southbound/northbound pretty smooth too. Usually get to mccowan/16th area within 15 minutes.
lichda wrote: Looks like its a short drive from Markham! Anyone knows what the commute between Stouffville and Markham like during winter ? Are those roads plowed regularly ?

Top

Thread Information

There is currently 1 user viewing this thread. (1 member and 0 guests)

mmlxiv