Real Estate

Stouffville Developments (Fieldgate, Opus, Deco, Mattamy, Sorbara, Starlane, etc.)

• Last Updated:
  • Oct 21st, 2020 10:11 pm
Tags:
Deal Fanatic
Sep 14, 2006
8596 posts
1303 upvotes
This thread is turning into pros and cons of Stouffville living instead of discussing the new developments from the list of builders in the title. I know it's relevant with the pros and cons discussed but any update or news with new developments in the area?
TEAM CANADA!!!!!!!!!!!
Deal Addict
Jan 14, 2007
3341 posts
586 upvotes
GTA
It appears as though a rail line runs right down the middle of the town....do most of you who live there hear the trains? Is there a lot of train traffic?
May 31, 2017
107 posts
121 upvotes
In the new subdivisions at the SE corner of town you will not hear the trains...or at least they’d be barely noticeable at all. They aren’t as loud as they were a few years ago. There has been talk of expanding the hours they run.
Deal Fanatic
Sep 14, 2006
8596 posts
1303 upvotes
BatCountry wrote: In the new subdivisions at the SE corner of town you will not hear the trains...or at least they’d be barely noticeable at all. They aren’t as loud as they were a few years ago. There has been talk of expanding the hours they run.
In Markham, the Go trains do not use their horns when they pass by. Is it the same in Stouffville?
TEAM CANADA!!!!!!!!!!!
Jan 29, 2007
264 posts
55 upvotes
Markham
I hear it but it's not noticeable. Especially later in the evening, some trains only go up to unionville / mount joy and its transfer to bus afterwards.
[OP]
Jan 30, 2008
658 posts
148 upvotes
bobbings wrote: In Markham, the Go trains do not use their horns when they pass by. Is it the same in Stouffville?
No, no whistle cessation right now despite a push by some residents every once in a while.
Deal Fanatic
Sep 14, 2006
8596 posts
1303 upvotes
ky.antz wrote: I hear it but it's not noticeable. Especially later in the evening, some trains only go up to unionville / mount joy and its transfer to bus afterwards.
How far r u from the tracks?
TEAM CANADA!!!!!!!!!!!
Jan 29, 2007
264 posts
55 upvotes
Markham
9th and millard, takes me 3-4 minute drive to the go train.

i hear a feint "ding ding ding", but definitely doesnt bother me in the slightest, and only once in a bluemoon i hear it only if i'm awake and don't have my TV on.
Deal Fanatic
Sep 14, 2006
8596 posts
1303 upvotes
ky.antz wrote: 9th and millard, takes me 3-4 minute drive to the go train.

i hear a feint "ding ding ding", but definitely doesnt bother me in the slightest, and only once in a bluemoon i hear it only if i'm awake and don't have my TV on.
That’s not too bad. Just took a look at the map and I don’t know how houses literally beside the tracks and especially around main and east of 9th can withstand the noise.
TEAM CANADA!!!!!!!!!!!
Jan 29, 2007
264 posts
55 upvotes
Markham
bobbings wrote: That’s not too bad. Just took a look at the map and I don’t know how houses literally beside the tracks and especially around main and east of 9th can withstand the noise.
once again, a train an hour only in peak times, the rest is bus.
trade off for convenience to the go train
some of those houses are 50 years - century old houses, think downtown victorian style houses. if well kept, they're actually amazing houses, but smaller lots.
Sep 6, 2020
5 posts
2 upvotes
bobbings wrote: This thread is turning into pros and cons of Stouffville living instead of discussing the new developments from the list of builders in the title. I know it's relevant with the pros and cons discussed but any update or news with new developments in the area?
Agree!, I'm interested in to from anyone who bought in the new CItySide or Trailways developments!
[OP]
Jan 30, 2008
658 posts
148 upvotes
Summer2020 wrote: Agree!, I'm interested in to from anyone who bought in the new CItySide or Trailways developments!
Same. I think if there's one thing we can agree on, it's that everyone has a different idea of what's attractive about living in a certain location. We can have this same argument in any thread! I'd rather hear discussion about particular developments.

I've updated the original post with a list of current developments. I'll add more when I have some time as there's a bunch of projects going on or coming soon (Ballantrae, Blue Sky, etc.). Unfortunately, haven't heard any update on Trailways nor Cityside although the former is finally catching up on construction compared to Cityside. Actually, haven't even heard about BlueSky East Village even though they were promoting it as 'coming soon' heavily last month. We'll see!

Really like the Suffolk model from Deco Homes but concerned the prices are going to skyrocket from last release.
Sep 6, 2020
5 posts
2 upvotes
azia wrote: Same. I think if there's one thing we can agree on, it's that everyone has a different idea of what's attractive about living in a certain location. We can have this same argument in any thread! I'd rather hear discussion about particular developments.

I've updated the original post with a list of current developments. I'll add more when I have some time as there's a bunch of projects going on or coming soon (Ballantrae, Blue Sky, etc.). Unfortunately, haven't heard any update on Trailways nor Cityside although the former is finally catching up on construction compared to Cityside. Actually, haven't even heard about BlueSky East Village even though they were promoting it as 'coming soon' heavily last month. We'll see!

Really like the Suffolk model from Deco Homes but concerned the prices are going to skyrocket from last release.
If I remember correctly Trailways had closings November 2020, not likely that they will make those although they are really pushing forward with construction. I wonder how prices will compare for Phase II of CitySide and Trailways compared to the BlueSky East. Will prices be the same or higher in one development.
Deal Fanatic
Sep 14, 2006
8596 posts
1303 upvotes
Summer2020 wrote: If I remember correctly Trailways had closings November 2020, not likely that they will make those although they are really pushing forward with construction. I wonder how prices will compare for Phase II of CitySide and Trailways compared to the BlueSky East. Will prices be the same or higher in one development.
In theory, the various developers in the same area will have close to identical pricing and the only real difference is in what they throw in as part of their finishes and “upgrades.”

If there is a bigger price variance for similar sized houses, expect to see the reason behind it being the upgrades they include in the price (eg: “free” granite or “free” glass showers).

In the end, expect next phase to be up a bit from the most recent phase as the market is pretty hot for detached and they usually bake in their prices the expected appreciations.
TEAM CANADA!!!!!!!!!!!
[OP]
Jan 30, 2008
658 posts
148 upvotes
Preview up for Starlane in Bluesky. Received via email, then you have to register an account via RealSale (their sales portal, I guess?)?. Sorry, not sure how to share since it's done this way but for those who are registered with Starlane for notification, check your junk mail if you didn't receive it.

Not sure if this is part of their existing site or the new "East Village"? Site is between Bethesda and Milliard on the EAST side.

Thread Information

There is currently 1 user viewing this thread. (1 member and 0 guests)

mmlxiv