Strange thing about BMW Lease

• Last Updated:
  • Feb 25th, 2018 11:17 am
[OP]
Aug 29, 2005
592 posts
104 upvotes

Strange thing about BMW Lease

I leased a BMW back in Oct last year. The insurance company faxed insurance declaration to the dealer so I could pick up the car.

Then one month later, I got a letter from BMW Financial Service claiming that they didn't have my insurance info. I simply forwarded them the declaration letter the insurance company faxed the dealer.

Then they gave me another letter claiming my insurance doesn't meet the requirement. I mailed them a copy of my insurance information. My insurance is totally qualified.

I got a voice message asking me to call them back last week. This thing seems to be going back and forth.

Then I checked the letter they mailed me. I found somehting very strange.

Firstly, the phone number on the letter 866-801-4405 is not the one I can find on BMW's website which is 1-800-3000-BMW. And I googled the phone number 866-801-4405, no record at all!

Secondly, I finally noticed a piece of information in small font "Or visit our website at www.insuranceservicecenter.com". What?! what is "Insurance service center"?

This sounds very fishy to me. Does anyone have this kind of experience with BMW?

Thanks a lot in advance!
5 replies
[OP]
Aug 29, 2005
592 posts
104 upvotes
Moreover, the mailing address they provided in the letter is "BOX 9837, STATION T, Ottawa". I couldn't find this address either.
Deal Addict
Dec 20, 2015
3158 posts
1554 upvotes
Toronto, ON
I'd say go directly to your dealer and ask them. Show them the letter and ask what on earth is going on!
If you like the post or the comment, then don't forget to SMASH that LIKE BUTTON!
Deal Addict
Aug 24, 2007
2238 posts
1673 upvotes
Ottawa
Either visit your dealership or call BMW Financial Service with one of their publicly listed number if you have any doubts. Handle this like you would with any other service that requires you to divulge personal information.
Deal Guru
Feb 24, 2007
14365 posts
2360 upvotes
Perfectly legitimate service.

They have both a Canadian and US operation.
Deal Addict
Sep 9, 2012
3873 posts
3218 upvotes
Oakville, ON
supermike wrote: I leased a BMW back in Oct last year. The insurance company faxed insurance declaration to the dealer so I could pick up the car.

Then one month later, I got a letter from BMW Financial Service claiming that they didn't have my insurance info. I simply forwarded them the declaration letter the insurance company faxed the dealer.

Then they gave me another letter claiming my insurance doesn't meet the requirement. I mailed them a copy of my insurance information. My insurance is totally qualified.

I got a voice message asking me to call them back last week. This thing seems to be going back and forth.

Then I checked the letter they mailed me. I found somehting very strange.

Firstly, the phone number on the letter 866-801-4405 is not the one I can find on BMW's website which is 1-800-3000-BMW. And I googled the phone number 866-801-4405, no record at all!

Secondly, I finally noticed a piece of information in small font "Or visit our website at www.insuranceservicecenter.com". What?! what is "Insurance service center"?

This sounds very fishy to me. Does anyone have this kind of experience with BMW?

Thanks a lot in advance!
This came up a few months ago with somebody else. They only had $1,000,000 in liability coverage but BMW requires $2,000,000

Thread Information

There is currently 1 user viewing this thread. (0 members and 1 guest)