• Last Updated:
  • Jan 1st, 2020 11:12 pm
[OP]
Jr. Member
Dec 9, 2010
102 posts
26 upvotes
Welland

streaming audio

With so many choices how does one decide on Amazon, Google, Apple or Spotify? I am new to this. I do have Sirius $5.99 @ month for my vehicle and it streams for in house but no option to make playlist or call up a specific song... I am leaning toward Spotify Family plan as makes no sense to buy the personal at only $5 more and can share with 5 others the kids and sister etc, as long as they don't verify the address to closely. Suggestions greatly appreciated.
7 replies
Deal Addict
May 23, 2017
2384 posts
1259 upvotes
im going with google/youtube premium. that gets you youtube music, youtube premium. you can even download songs and shows to our phone for offline listening. I have google home hubs so this works best for me. around $40 to join a family plan up to 10 devices per person (6 people per family), for around $3 a month this makes sense.
Got that Zoomer account!
[OP]
Jr. Member
Dec 9, 2010
102 posts
26 upvotes
Welland
riseagainstthemachine wrote: im going with google/youtube premium. that gets you youtube music, youtube premium. you can even download songs and shows to our phone for offline listening. I have google home hubs so this works best for me. around $40 to join a family plan up to 10 devices per person (6 people per family), for around $3 a month this makes sense.
Thanks did not realize so reasonable, we have 2 google min, google display, and Amazon Alexa on Firestick and devices. I will go take a look at it.
Deal Expert
User avatar
Apr 16, 2002
20441 posts
21569 upvotes
Toronto
Check this thread too, it's super easy to get Stingray for free. It's commercial free with loads of music and app is Chromecast compatible

stingray-music-stingray-stream-music-fr ... r-2278776/
Things changed now that I’m a father, I can’t live my life a quarter mile at a time anymore.
[OP]
Jr. Member
Dec 9, 2010
102 posts
26 upvotes
Welland
sprung wrote: Check this thread too, it's super easy to get Stingray for free. It's commercial free with loads of music and app is Chromecast compatible

stingray-music-stingray-stream-music-fr ... r-2278776/
Thanks on first read thought I needed a tv provider, that I don’t have but it installed fine and is running for free with ads. Says $3.99 for premium. Will try add version for awhile.
Deal Expert
User avatar
Apr 16, 2002
20441 posts
21569 upvotes
Toronto
PCreighton wrote: Thanks on first read thought I needed a tv provider, that I don’t have but it installed fine and is running for free with ads. Says $3.99 for premium. Will try add version for awhile.
Just go to a Bell or Rogers store. Tune their demo TV to Stingray. Then have app 'listen'. It will authorize the premium version and ads will disappear.
Things changed now that I’m a father, I can’t live my life a quarter mile at a time anymore.
Deal Fanatic
User avatar
Dec 1, 2013
5601 posts
2174 upvotes
redflagdeals.com
If you're looking for higher quality audio, there's Deezer and Tidal.
A wise RFD'er once said, "Buy now, think later."
I like wearing tinfoil hats.

¯\_(-.-)_/¯

༼ つ ◕_◕ ༽つ "Behold!"
[OP]
Jr. Member
Dec 9, 2010
102 posts
26 upvotes
Welland
sprung wrote: Just go to a Bell or Rogers store. Tune their demo TV to Stingray. Then have app 'listen'. It will authorize the premium version and ads will disappear.
Went over to my brother in laws and did the listen with his cable tv, also set up on his phone. Had no idea this product existed and price is perfect. Thank you.

Top