Street Fighter IV Tournament Toronto

• Last Updated:
  • Mar 11th, 2009 10:04 am
Deal Addict
Aug 12, 2003
3133 posts
16 upvotes

Street Fighter IV Tournament Toronto

So, I was at A&C games today and the guys in the shop told me that they are planning on Street Fighter IV tournament next month. They held a HD Remix tournament last month which was great. Just wanted to put the word out there that there will be a fairly big tournament coming up, and I hope I can see some of RFD show up. The HD remix was 32 people and comprised of a lot of casual players mixed with some really good players, so the atmosphere was pretty good and everybody got a chance to play a bunch.
Wealth Is Of The Heart And Mind, Not The Pocket
8 replies
Feb 20, 2007
112 posts
6 upvotes
Mississauga
a bit off topic, but i just checked their site and they said they sell arcade sticks. when you went in did you see any and what were their prices? also are their stuff generally expensive i was thinking about picking up some other stuff as well.
Deal Addict
Aug 12, 2003
3133 posts
16 upvotes
^

I was actually talking to them about fight sticks. They are pretty much all but sold out, Xbox ones are all gone. I saw some PS3 sticks. I have also seen some PS3 fight sticks at Game Shack, they had some Xbox 360 ones a few days ago, but I was in yesterday and didn't see any. As for the prices on games, depends on what you are looking for. Some stuff can be pricey while other stuff can be quite reasonable. Don't expect bargain barrel prices, but do expect to find just about anything you are looking for. So sometimes that can justify paying a little bit more.
Wealth Is Of The Heart And Mind, Not The Pocket
Deal Guru
Jul 27, 2006
10963 posts
791 upvotes
Scarborough
ricemonkey wrote: a bit off topic, but i just checked their site and they said they sell arcade sticks. when you went in did you see any and what were their prices? also are their stuff generally expensive i was thinking about picking up some other stuff as well.
I was there two weeks ago looking for PS3 sticks.

Quotes were 79.99 for the FS3 (or it might be the amazon one by Hori)

Mayflash one for $49.99

and the HRAP for PS3 at 189.99
Deal Addict
Jul 3, 2004
1086 posts
1 upvote
Toronto, Ontario
thechampion116 wrote: I was there two weeks ago looking for PS3 sticks.
HRAP for PS3 at 189.99
The HRAP3s were never 189.99.
They're 229.99, and I believe we have 2 in stock left.
EDIT> Never mind, we're sold out.

We probably will have the tournament in April, but nothings concrete.
Though, the games that will be held will be; SFIV, STHD, and maybe one or two others..

I'm pretty sure it'll be at UofT again, but the room's are always random.
Hopefully we'll have a bigger room this time though.

Anyways, more information will be released, whenever we have everything set in stone..

And I believe this next tournament will have even more of GTASF in the mix.
Get hyped!
Deal Addict
Nov 16, 2006
2553 posts
194 upvotes
infamouskid wrote: where is a&c games?
Downtown Toronto area at 706 Spadina Ave, just south of Bloor St. West and steps from the Spadina Subway
Protip : You save more money when you're not on RFD! :lol:
Banned
Oct 15, 2005
12954 posts
1617 upvotes
North York
Mike_wang wrote: Downtown Toronto area at 706 Spadina Ave, just south of Bloor St. West and steps from the Spadina Subway
how's their tourneys like? prizes? i haven't been in any tourneys in toronto in years since super turbo days. but busting out oldschool flava for some prizes again would be nice.
Deal Addict
Jul 3, 2004
1086 posts
1 upvote
Toronto, Ontario
infamouskid wrote: how's their tourneys like? prizes? i haven't been in any tourneys in toronto in years since super turbo days. but busting out oldschool flava for some prizes again would be nice.
Our 2nd Tourney turned out pretty good, even though we started the tournaments a bit late, and it ended a bit late.

Prizes were a brand new copy of SFIV for the winners, but we're planning on a pot system instead next tourney.. we're still working out the kinks, but more information will follow whenever we have everything set.

Just for anyone who wants to know,
STHD, Gerjay placed first.
3S, S4 placed first.