• Feb 14th, 2021 2:27 am
Tags:
[OP]
Nov 17, 2015
205 posts
98 upvotes
Toronto, ON

Structube 9 month delay?

When I initially ordered my Structube product it was said to be delivered sometime in January (1 month delay) which is reasonable....now they updated to...August 2021....which was 9 months delay from purchase date, and charged my cc in full.
9 replies
Dec 6, 2012
406 posts
187 upvotes
Montréal, QC
Delay because of China I guess, last time I shopped there, 99% of the stuff come from China :-(
Sep 16, 2015
335 posts
699 upvotes
Calgary, AB
Request a refund and move on. If their factory in Dongguan can't deliver, there's not much they can do for you.
Mar 24, 2011
14 posts
21 upvotes
Montreal
Structube is a poor brand with good looking chinese quality furniture.
Ordered Monroe sectional sofa with Pointe-Claire's (Montréal) store in june. When boxes arrived two months later some of the wood legs where already to be changed. Machined holes for bolts where not on the right places. Called general number. They told me that I need to contact directly store where I pucrhased. As per me is a bad (for customer) franchise business model. After multiple calls, had my legs.
Four months later, seat cushion filling material became saggy. They sad that is not covered by warranty.

Comments on their web site are moderated. If not 5 stars - not published.
Deal Expert
Aug 6, 2001
15032 posts
2963 upvotes
Stuck in a Box
Cancel the order and move on. Even Aug may not happen.
Deal Fanatic
Dec 5, 2006
9209 posts
4499 upvotes
Markham
As other said, cancel and move on

But where did you find updates on August? If you just checked the website, the August means if you order now, you will get in August, doesn't mean yours will come in August. You can call them to confirm before cancel it

I ordered in early December and was delivered two weeks ago
Deal Addict
Dec 27, 2012
1449 posts
662 upvotes
Langley
Same boat, canceled and went somewhere else
Deal Expert
Feb 7, 2017
15458 posts
12653 upvotes
Eastern Ontario
Welcome to the Crazy Covid times...

It’s effecting all sorts of imported goods (or parts)

Be it furniture, appliances, or even vehicles

I just met a guy who had done an on line order for a high end caddy SUV ... all the bells & whistles
He placed the order almost a year ago ... Early March 2020
(So early on in Covid round one)
Picked it up at the dealership just 4 weeks ago (this January)

Dealer told me it hasn’t been that unusual this year for higher end vehicles
Where things aren’t the standard bottom end or middle of the road model packages

Between sourcing parts (esp electronics from Asia) and plant shutdowns
Regional lockdowns
Manpower & distribution issues
Nothing has run to plan
Deal Addict
Sep 19, 2002
3593 posts
2311 upvotes
Vancouver
Even Ikea is having problems with stock.

Structube is way down the list in terms of priority and cost for ocean freight.
Jan 26, 2010
372 posts
120 upvotes
Sitting in my Structube sofa now and took 4 months to arrive after placing order. Came with damage on the cushions, we reported the same day. Fast forward one month and they call, they will replace or offer a $40 dollar credit back on our card immediately, this was a 1500 dollar couch. Cushions have these black lines on them, bad QC. No brainer to replace so we let the rep know on the phone. Rep: Okay we will pick up your couch next week and we should have a replacement for you in May. Sounds good let me get some milk crates to get me by until then. I would stay far far away from this company and its cheap imports. Its really uncomfortable too I don't think I will be able to sell on kijiji for half the price now. Structube won't see my business any more.