Structube - furniture delivery

• Last Updated:
  • Sep 10th, 2021 11:11 pm
[OP]
May 10, 2020
12 posts
3 upvotes

Structube - furniture delivery

Does anyone have experience having furniture delivered by Structube during COVID? They have a delivery to doorstep only policy. I enquired and they will deliver my order up to the doorstep of my condo, but they will not enter my unit (I get it...we've been in a pandemic and they need to protect themselves). I just wondered if anyone has experienced any leniency (I suppose that may be subject to individual delivery teams) and if they might be persuaded to bring my item in.
I ask because I know other stores deliver large appliances and such into homes (with masks on etc.). I'm live on my own - no friends or family nearby - and it is a heavy piece of furniture they I cannot manage on my own. With the delivery company giving only 1 day notice to confirm delivery date, it's challenging enough for me to ask for a day off with such short notice, I can't get others to help on a whim. I've considered hiring a moving company just to have them move it into my unit, down a hall and into my 'living room' of a small condo. But the cost for that is a bit much and even that is challenging because I can't have 2 movers be on standby the whole day.
Would be grateful for input/ideas. TIA!
5 replies
Oct 20, 2007
560 posts
225 upvotes
I got a sectional sofa delivered. They brought it into my apt but left it by the door. I had to move it into the right room myself, but it wasn't bad since it was covered in plastic and was relatively low friction. TBH if you asked nicely, they could probably help and remember to tip them! Or, any neighbors around that can help?
[OP]
May 10, 2020
12 posts
3 upvotes
Thanks for the insight! I was thinking of doing just that or making them an offer. Just wasnt sure how common that is these days.
Any suggestions on how much to 'tip'? Is $20 per mover (assuming there are two) reasonable?
[OP]
May 10, 2020
12 posts
3 upvotes
I do usually try to move things myself, but this piece is quite hefty, it has thick wooden 'legs' (it's a sideboard) and I worry I will ruin my floor, even with the packaging it is in.
I'm also unsure of how it will arrive (in box or covered in plastic.)...
Deal Guru
Mar 12, 2004
11544 posts
2133 upvotes
Guelph
If you post in a local group on Facebook, you can often find someone who would help out for free or for a small amount.
HEATWARE AT 64-0-0. Ebay Feedback 200+ and counting. RFD Feedback 71-0-0 and counting.
[OP]
May 10, 2020
12 posts
3 upvotes
For anyone interested, the delivery person was incredibly nice and brought my item not just to the door, but into my unit. Needless to say, I tipped generously.