• Jun 22nd, 2012 2:14 pm
Tags:
None
[OP]
Nov 5, 2011
13 posts
SCARBOROUGH

Student Job

Hey guys I have question, my friend and I are planning on going to downtown to apply for jobs; I was wondering if you could give me some tips and locations to apply to. Also, we are high school students who are about attend university in September. Thanks in advance.
5 replies
Deal Addict
Mar 27, 2011
1281 posts
90 upvotes
Nowhere
^You are a little late...
Sorry bud but you should have been applying back in January thru March.

When I was in highschool you always applied in those first few months with a few exceptions.
Deal Addict
Jun 26, 2011
1689 posts
395 upvotes
^ Unfortunately that's true.

A high school student we hired for the summer has already been coming in for training before his exams started, and will be starting next Monday for 2 months. An employer is not going to hire you now knowing you will only be here until September.

That being said, depending on the kind of jobs, you could lie and say you're not going to university, or that when September starts you would still be willing to work 3 days a week around your schedule.
[OP]
Nov 5, 2011
13 posts
SCARBOROUGH
hmm aww man that sucks, but thanks for the tips, but can you guys recommend locations in downtown?
Deal Expert
Sep 3, 2007
15997 posts
375 upvotes
Does it have to be downtown? I heard Wonderland is hiring.
Deal Addict
Mar 31, 2005
3352 posts
294 upvotes
Calgary
As a suggestion to get you ready for college, provide as much relevant information as possible when you ask a question. And do some research ahead of time.

For example, what are you interested in? Are you looking just for part-time? Is this just to make ends meet, or are you looking for something that will contribute to your future goals in school (which you should also indicate). Etc. etc.