Tags:
None
[OP]
Dec 11, 2009
11 posts
5 upvotes
Milton

Student plans

Any recommendations for student plans? My daughter gets her own cell phone this year as she starts high school. Thanks in advance!
5 replies
Deal Addict
Apr 30, 2009
2580 posts
3644 upvotes
GTA
Also watching to see if there is anything better than $50 for 10GB. Got 3 to move from Fido 4GB data plans to real plans with more data and more reliable SMS than textnow.
Fido tosses $50 back, so 1 month free basically.

Maybe just go for this now and port to whatever is the deal on Black Friday.

For high school, grab Fido's 4GB for $10. She will mostly be using data only apps anyway.
Deal Addict
Feb 1, 2008
4690 posts
1436 upvotes
Niagara Falls, ON
Both kids are on the freedom prepay $99 plan. That and the school wifi work without a hitch.

I'd wait and see what the actual need are re data.
Apr 5, 2003
940 posts
288 upvotes
White Rock, BC
I'm in the same boat. I already have one kid on a old $10 public mobile line. Their cheapest plan now seems to be $15.

Now I need to add two more lines. Looking at the Fido and Freedom one year options. They can go on Wi-Fi or pay for their own data. I need to get a number for them so I can get a hold of them reliably when I need to.
Deal Addict
Oct 13, 2008
3371 posts
1661 upvotes
noodles wrote: I'm in the same boat. I already have one kid on a old $10 public mobile line. Their cheapest plan now seems to be $15.

Now I need to add two more lines. Looking at the Fido and Freedom one year options. They can go on Wi-Fi or pay for their own data. I need to get a number for them so I can get a hold of them reliably when I need to.
Look at this way, with Public Mobile it drops to $13 on autopay, plus you get a $1 referral, which comes to $12. You can upgrade your older kids to the new plan and transfer the $10 one to the other(s) etc..

That's what I did. With referral and loyalty discounts, I'm paying $22 for 3 lines with them. (2 x $10 and 1x $15).
Deal Guru
Jul 8, 2009
12289 posts
6074 upvotes
Also looking for 3 lines to move from public mobile as no more service in manitoba in the rural area so pointless paying every month when service sucks now haha.
ING Direct since the beginning! Tangerine to the end!
Public Mobile user! Fido User!
EQ BANK!! SIMPLii !! Tangerine!!
Buy first think later!