[OP]
Dec 10, 2010
42 posts
37 upvotes
Edmonton

[Cineplex] 12 Free movie passes with Windows 8 device proof of purchase

I sort of happened upon this deal at my campus:

[INDENT]Get 12 free movie passes with any purchase of a Windows 8 PC:
Show your receipt and device to your Windows Campus Representative to get your free gift.
Find out how to contact your Windows Campus Representative at Microsoft.ca/campusreps[/INDENT]

[IMG]http://sphotos-e.ak.fbcdn.net/hphotos-a ... 6353_n.jpg[/IMG]

Fine print: *For full offer details, visit Microsoft.ca/campusreps or talk to a Windows Campus Representative. Visit a participating location and purchase a Windows 8 PC (tablet or laptop). Next, present your receipt dated between December 15, 2012 and February 10, 2013, your student I.D, and the device purchased to a Windows Campus Representative at a participating College or University. Offer expires February 10, 2013. Offer limited to one (1) Gift Pack of twelve (12) admit one (1) movie passes per purchase. Pack has an approximate retail value of $150.00 [CDN]. Open to residents of Canada who have reached the age of majority in the province/territory in which ??? reside.

I talked to the Microsoft reps at my campus and they are running it here until February 15, so YMMV on this. I have confirmed this deal, as I am looking at the 12 Cineplex passes I got for showing my new zenbook prime touch (purchased off-campus at ME).

You will need to email the Microsoft rep at your university through the online form (Microsoft.ca/campusreps) to set up a meeting. The following campuses have reps:
  • Concordia University
  • Dalhousie University
  • McMaster University
  • Queens University
  • Seneca College
  • University of Alberta
  • University of British Columbia
  • University of Manitoba
  • University of New Brunswick
  • University of Saskatchewan
  • University of Toronto
  • University of Waterloo
  • York University
34 replies
Deal Addict
Jan 4, 2008
1775 posts
58 upvotes
Toronto
Ya I got this at Mac. I was gonna post this but I didn't know that they had a website and details set up, I just found my school's rep through a facebook post she made. But yeah it's very easy, I just showed her my Ideapad y500 I got over Christmas, the shipping confirmation email, took some pictures and got the passes.
© 2015
Deal Addict
Nov 9, 2005
4414 posts
1880 upvotes
Vulcan, AB
Very interesting.

Is this open to alumni?
[OP]
Dec 10, 2010
42 posts
37 upvotes
Edmonton
The fine print says student ID required but they didn't ask to see mine. It doesn't hurt to ask I suppose.
May 19, 2010
184 posts
171 upvotes
St John's
Why doesn't every university have a rep? No love for Newfoundland?
Dec 21, 2012
786 posts
201 upvotes
The girl in the pic is holding a tablet. Does this mean I can bring my RT tablet and get the passes? You could argue that the tablet in the pic is running RT :D
Deal Addict
Oct 31, 2012
4495 posts
981 upvotes
London
free8er wrote: No love for Western :facepalm:
+1...or is that -1?

Second largest in Canada and we're not there...
Deal Guru
Jan 31, 2007
12696 posts
387 upvotes
Toronto
i got a dell laptop that has window 8 on it, does that count?

EDIT: nvm laptop is included but it expires on sunday...
One Man's Trash Is Another Man's Treasure
Jun 18, 2009
318 posts
14 upvotes
junot111 wrote: Ya I got this at Mac. I was gonna post this but I didn't know that they had a website and details set up, I just found my school's rep through a facebook post she made. But yeah it's very easy, I just showed her my Ideapad y500 I got over Christmas, the shipping confirmation email, took some pictures and got the passes.
Do you know when does the deal expire for MAC? Like OP said his rep are running the deal until 15th so I was wondering if it is the same with us
Aug 19, 2010
118 posts
37 upvotes
London
Scycotic wrote: +1...or is that -1?

Second largest in Canada and we're not there...
We definitely need a Windows rep. I would volunteer if I knew how.
Deal Addict
Aug 13, 2012
3204 posts
984 upvotes
Toronto
Wow.... me and my brother bought laptops, mine is windows 7 one, his is windows 8. I go to UofT, he goes to Western. Double fail lol.
Deal Addict
Aug 30, 2011
2872 posts
635 upvotes
LONDON
free8er wrote: We definitely need a Windows rep. I would volunteer if I knew how.
I think they gave up seeing how many people at Western use Macbooks in class lol
Deal Addict
Oct 31, 2012
4495 posts
981 upvotes
London
MikeMC12 wrote: I think they gave up seeing how many people at Western use Macbooks in class lol
:cry: too true
Jul 6, 2005
161 posts
6 upvotes
expires Feb. 10 and it's already the 9th and 10th is Sunday.... are they even open ??
Deal Addict
Oct 31, 2012
4495 posts
981 upvotes
London
jusjag wrote: wtf no Western!?
indeed...We'll have to be content with Western Film
Deal Addict
Aug 13, 2012
3204 posts
984 upvotes
Toronto
Thats actually might work! but then, the university is closed :facepalm:

Thread Information

There is currently 1 user viewing this thread. (0 members and 1 guest)