Studying medicine in Canada

• Last Updated:
  • Aug 6th, 2017 11:11 pm
[OP]
Feb 4, 2017
129 posts
31 upvotes

Studying medicine in Canada

How much it gets cost to study medicine? to become doctor and then specialized doctor.? Approximate numbers
3 replies
Jul 20, 2009
261 posts
422 upvotes
Look at university websites for medical school tuition rates and add in cost of living for that city. I'm not sure what you mean to become a doctor then a specialized doctor. You become a doctor when you finish medical school then you do a residency that is anywhere from 2-6+ years long depending on what you are specializing in. During residency you receive an income which varies between about 55k and 70k depending on which province and which year of residency you are in.
Aug 22, 2013
21 posts
2 upvotes
Windsor
Are you from outside of Canada? If you are, you will be paying international student rates. There is no option for you to pay the low Canadian tuition rates. I suggest you study in the United States. Canada's healthcare is socialized with a small number of hospitals and medical centres. The government limits to hiring a small number of people (unless you plan to open your own practice).
Jul 18, 2007
138 posts
15 upvotes
London
Both my gf and I graduated med school with about 130k in debt. She's worked her debt down to 80k after 3 years of residency. I increased mine significantly due to a home purchase and related investments. Mine would also be about 80k now if I sold my assets.