Request-A-Deal

sub 1000$ gas range with convection oven

  • Last Updated:
  • May 26th, 2020 7:14 pm
[OP]
Newbie
Dec 14, 2011
10 posts
2 upvotes
Coquitlam, British C…

sub 1000$ gas range with convection oven

Looking to swap out my old electric stove for gas. Want something fully gas with convection. ideally sub 800$


any ideas?
4 replies
Jr. Member
Dec 1, 2018
115 posts
190 upvotes
liquidmerc26 wrote: Looking to swap out my old electric stove for gas. Want something fully gas with convection. ideally sub 800$


any ideas?
Either get a premium gas or stick with electric. A $1000 electric range will out perform any $1000 gas stove in term speed and temperature uniformity. You will be very disappointed with the performance of the low end gas range.
Jr. Member
Nov 11, 2015
127 posts
46 upvotes
Ottawa, ON
Sid7643 wrote: Either get a premium gas or stick with electric. A $1000 electric range will out perform any $1000 gas stove in term speed and temperature uniformity. You will be very disappointed with the performance of the low end gas range.
Is there a specific price point for a decent gas range? I'm in the same boat, my house came with a the cheapest stainless non confection electric range but has a gas line already there. We have considered replacing it, but the current one is fine (i mean the oven cooks uneven, but it does work).

I've been looking out for 'good deals' but i quickly realized i didn't know what would make a good deal.
[OP]
Newbie
Dec 14, 2011
10 posts
2 upvotes
Coquitlam, British C…
yea im a renter in an old house with a gas line just sticking out behind the oven and this bozo landlord has given me the biggest piece of junk electric stove you can imagine.
Jr. Member
Dec 1, 2018
115 posts
190 upvotes
liquidmerc26 wrote: yea im a renter in an old house with a gas line just sticking out behind the oven and this bozo landlord has given me the biggest piece of junk electric stove you can imagine.
Maybe get a portable 1500w induction stove instead. It's just as fast as a 2700w electric coil stove.

Top