None
[OP]
Deal Expert
Jun 15, 2011
44570 posts
7783 upvotes

Subaru smashes sales goal five years ahead of schedule, plans more US models

http://www.digitaltrends.com/cars/subar ... z3ZvtaghIW

[QUOTE]There are few things an automaker likes to do more than beat its sales goals. In Subaru’s case, it is crushing them.

The latest news from the Japanese car brand is that it will hit its North American sales targets a full five years ahead of schedule. In the automotive world, that’s like getting into Harvard fresh out of elementary school; it just doesn’t happen.

Currently, the Outback and Forester are Subaru’s hottest selling models, which were both redesigned in 2014.

In response, Subaru plans to ramp up production and will introduce new vehicles in the U.S. earlier than it had planned. The sales target has also been raised to 600,000 vehicles by the end of the March, 2016. That also means capacity at Subies Lafayette, Indiana plant will be pushed to 394,000 units annually by the end of next year to satisfy demand.
[/QUOTE]

[QUOTE]Subaru’s President, Yasuyuki Yoshinaga (who is actually the president of Subaru’s parent company, Fuji Heavy Industries) had this to say, “If only we had more cars, we could be selling more.” Leaders of automotive brands only dream of uttering such words.

Subaru will kick off a new global platform late next year that will underpin models like the next-generation Impreza and will eventually be the bone structure for all models in its lineup. This move will help the automaker reduce costs via greater manufacturing efficiencies.

Down the road, Subaru will roll out a new seven-seat SUV that will replace the Tribeca and a plug-in hybrid model. Additionally, Subaru will move to direct-injection for each of its gas-powered engines to improve fuel economy figures.

Read more: http://www.digitaltrends.com/cars/subar ... z3Zw5DqaCT
Follow us: @digitaltrends on Twitter | digitaltrendsftw on Facebook[/QUOTE]
Blanka
36 replies
Deal Addict
Jul 21, 2001
4317 posts
406 upvotes
Calgary
Does Subaru offer loyalty promos for existing customers? Considering another Subaru down the road, nice if they offered something like $500 or 1% off for Subaru owners.

Subaru is on quite the run lately, even though they are small beans compared to the big boys in town.

Wonder how Manny vehicles are actually made in Japan any more? Most of the Subaru's are made in US? My Crosstrek is one of the few made in Japan.
"i love my girl friend and my girl friend loves me ok so you cant love me"
Deal Addict
Feb 9, 2008
2363 posts
173 upvotes
plucky duck wrote: Wonder how Manny vehicles are actually made in Japan any more? Most of the Subaru's are made in US? My Crosstrek is one of the few made in Japan.
Forester is too. A while back they were talking about moving more production back to Japan because wages were lower with the falling Yen.
Penalty Box
Dec 27, 2013
8003 posts
4031 upvotes
Toronto
Such ugly cars but good for them
Deal Fanatic
Dec 28, 2005
7179 posts
3421 upvotes
Germany
daivey wrote: Such ugly cars but good for them
Pretty much this. In my opinion, the only attractive Subarus were the SVX, the 4th generation Legacy and the BRZ. The last generation WRX wide body and STI were nice from the rear, but still Subaru ugly from the front. I hope they bring the Levorg over. It pulls off their current styling better than the Impreza, although it's still a bit bland.
[OP]
Deal Expert
Jun 15, 2011
44570 posts
7783 upvotes
plucky duck wrote: Does Subaru offer loyalty promos for existing customers? Considering another Subaru down the road, nice if they offered something like $500 or 1% off for Subaru owners.

Subaru is on quite the run lately, even though they are small beans compared to the big boys in town.

Wonder how Manny vehicles are actually made in Japan any more? Most of the Subaru's are made in US? My Crosstrek is one of the few made in Japan.
At the moment, the Legacy and Outback are made in the US I think. I believe the rest are made in Japan?

Also yes they offer something for existing customers, such as myself. I got a discount for the 2015 WRX lease.
Blanka
Deal Expert
Aug 22, 2011
38220 posts
24396 upvotes
Center of Universe
Can't deny the figures, considering I now see more Subies than Hondas on my commute to and from work.
Deal Fanatic
Mar 24, 2004
8683 posts
573 upvotes
Toronto
Please bring XV Crosstrek diesel with 6MT :D
Deal Addict
Sep 14, 2004
3815 posts
96 upvotes
Toronto
That's pretty awesome for Subaru! I like some of their cars. I see a lot of them on the road now too. They also hold their value really well. I just wish they'd experiment with some dual clutch transmissions.
Proud supporter of Tour for Kids and Ride for Karen!

Come chat live with other RFD'ers on IRC! #redflagdeals on EFNet!

Peace!
May 30, 2011
263 posts
25 upvotes
North York
Only Outback and Legacy are made in US Lafayette, Indiana plant, as OP's link mentioned.
The rest of the Subaru models are made in Japan.

Toyota used to produce Outback for Subaru, I think in US, but right before the new 2015 model, Toyota stop the production for Subaru.
As they need the space to produce new Camry. I think someone mentioned Toyota is the biggest share holder of Subaru.
There is one of the reason that Subaru cannot produce enough 2015 Outback and Legacy.

djemzine wrote: At the moment, the Legacy and Outback are made in the US I think. I believe the rest are made in Japan?

Also yes they offer something for existing customers, such as myself. I got a discount for the 2015 WRX lease.
Deal Addict
Feb 24, 2007
4184 posts
1161 upvotes
Come on. The sale figure is still nothing compare to the other brand. They are probably breaking their own record. Nothing to be really excited about.
FS : Promise NS4300N NAS,Linksys RE400W,E5151,HBB1,VIVOTab RT,MemoPad 8
Deal Expert
Feb 29, 2008
29097 posts
4786 upvotes
Montreal
Good for Subaru. They essentially took Volvo's market as Volvo moved upscale.
Deal Addict
Oct 22, 2009
3244 posts
1516 upvotes
Lethbridge
Maybe they can use some of this money to bring back the WRX/STi hatch then.

Until then, we’re still friends-off.
Deal Guru
Oct 7, 2010
13488 posts
4373 upvotes
The reason I don't buy subues it's because they sold out to look like toyotas. If I want a rolla with AWD I buy the Impreza.

Not a good reason to celebrate the downfall of subie as a unique brand. Profits isn't everything.
Deal Expert
Feb 29, 2008
29097 posts
4786 upvotes
Montreal
spike1128 wrote: The reason I don't buy subues it's because they sold out to look like toyotas.
More accurately, Toyota owns 16% of Fuji Heavy Industries.
Deal Fanatic
Mar 1, 2005
6197 posts
4053 upvotes
Toronto
Pchiu wrote: Only Outback and Legacy are made in US Lafayette, Indiana plant, as OP's link mentioned.
The rest of the Subaru models are made in Japan.

Toyota used to produce Outback for Subaru, I think in US, but right before the new 2015 model, Toyota stop the production for Subaru.
As they need the space to produce new Camry. I think someone mentioned Toyota is the biggest share holder of Subaru.
There is one of the reason that Subaru cannot produce enough 2015 Outback and Legacy.
You got it backwards, http://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Subaru_o ... otive,_Inc.
:arrowd: B/S/T Threads :arrowd:
[FS] N/A
[WTB] N/A
May 30, 2011
263 posts
25 upvotes
North York
Sorry, you are correct, it is backwards.
Must have got the wrong information from the Subaru's owner that favor the backwards version.

Thanks for the correction, learn more things everyday.

QUOTE=BeaverLiquor;22459497]You got it backwards, http://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Subaru_o ... otive,_Inc.[/QUOTE]
Deal Addict
Jan 25, 2011
1499 posts
371 upvotes
KevC wrote: Please bring XV Crosstrek diesel with 6MT :D
This. And fix the god damn oil consumption problem.
Deal Addict
Feb 9, 2008
2363 posts
173 upvotes
Avatar wrote: Come on. The sale figure is still nothing compare to the other brand.
Don't know about Canada, but they sold over 500,000 cars in America last year. That appears to be about 40% of Honda's 2014 sales and 25% of Toyota's.
Penalty Box
Dec 27, 2013
8003 posts
4031 upvotes
Toronto
its an attractive price for an AWD vehicle.

Thread Information

There is currently 1 user viewing this thread. (0 members and 1 guest)