• Jul 20th, 2020 1:43 pm
Tags:
None
Deal Addict
Nov 12, 2006
3109 posts
2309 upvotes
London
sillysimms wrote: I stopped posting on RFD mainly because I don't remember to manually subscribe (since I don't have to do it anywhere else) and therefore wouldn't be able to keep up with my posts.
I'm getting in the habit (annoying though) of manually selecting subscription settings each time.
What is throwing me off more is that I do a final preview just before posting.
That clears those settings and I have to do it again and remember not to preview before posting.
Deal Fanatic
Jan 11, 2008
7816 posts
1290 upvotes
GTA
arisk wrote:
sillysimms wrote: I stopped posting on RFD mainly because I don't remember to manually subscribe (since I don't have to do it anywhere else) and therefore wouldn't be able to keep up with my posts.
I'm getting in the habit (annoying though) of manually selecting subscription settings each time.
That clears those settings and I have to do it again and remember not to preview before posting.
That was happening all the time earlier on (if you didn't recheck the box each time you posted/edited/previewed, etc. any of your posts you would be unsubscribed). They had fixed it. Early on, I did get unsubscribed from a couple threads that I'd followed for a long time because of that bug and haven't gone back and resubscribed.

In my case it isn't unsubscribing me when I preview, but it sounds like the bug is still there for you.
When your mind says give up, hope whispers "one more try"
Never say never
Deal Expert
Oct 16, 2001
76501 posts
1583 upvotes
Guest wrote: This manual subscribing is getting to be a ROYAL PAIN IN THE ASS.

So now this caters to the people that dont want to auto subscribe over the ones that do?

Bring back the pick all option so if you want to unsubscribe you can pick all the threads you have replied to.

New design, whatever, you are making RFD to much work for the members
Why is my thread listed as guest?????????????? and many others
Deal Fanatic
Jan 11, 2008
7816 posts
1290 upvotes
GTA
arisk wrote:
And this bug has now returned for me too. I don't think I noticed it because I have hardly posted to any new threads. It doesn't happen if I'm posting in a thread I previously subscribed to.

If I post in a new thread and manually select all the subscibe options since auto subscribe doesn't exist, I preview the post and they are gone. Feels like this must be April Fool's.
Never say never
Deal Expert
Oct 16, 2001
76501 posts
1583 upvotes
When is auto subscribe coming back, or is it. Cant there be an option in the control panel to either auto subscribe (or not)

Im tired of going back and either remembering what threads I replied to, or accidently find one and miss out on a few weeks of replies.

Is there a reason why RFD wants all this extra clicking, making extra money off it?
Dec 29, 2016
103 posts
57 upvotes
Montr
Is there a way to subscribe to a forum like hot deals and get notifications when something new is posted? I can't seem to find how to do this.. Thank you
Deal Expert
Aug 26, 2002
15719 posts
7445 upvotes
Toronto, ON
Click on "Forum Tools" near the top and you can subscribe via notification or via RSS Feed.
Deal Fanatic
May 17, 2006
7236 posts
3052 upvotes
GTA
I will also voice my opinion. WE NEED THE AUTO SUBSCRIBE AFTER YOU REPLY. Other wise its a pain in the arse to go searching through thread... i usually reply so i assume its auto subscribed and my subscription has been bone dry and i am all lost in the navigation. I do not prefer to manually subscribe i spent an hour the other day going through options thinking it had to be enabled but there is no sign.

WE NEED the auto subscribe when you reply to a thread feature back asap.
Deal Fanatic
Jan 11, 2008
7816 posts
1290 upvotes
GTA
porksoda wrote: I will also voice my opinion. WE NEED THE AUTO SUBSCRIBE AFTER YOU REPLY. Other wise its a pain in the arse to go searching through thread... i usually reply so i assume its auto subscribed and my subscription has been bone dry and i am all lost in the navigation. I do not prefer to manually subscribe i spent an hour the other day going through options thinking it had to be enabled but there is no sign.

WE NEED the auto subscribe when you reply to a thread feature back asap.
Totally agree. It is beyond me how we are a month and a half into the change and there is no autosubscribe OPTION. I reply to a few threads that I was already subscribed to before the change, but because of this issue have completely stopped going through the boards and replying to anything else. I just can't waste time on a forum that doesn't have user-friendly options that 99% of all other forums on the web have. I'm not going to manually autosubscribe to each thread I reply to - I simply won't remember as RFD is the only forum that I have to do that on. Without autosubscribe, I just don't participate as that is what I use to keep up with all the forums I am active on.

It is mind boggling that a forum wouldn't have autosubscribe as an OPTION. Although I no longer participate on the forums because of this issue, I do check this section to see if there is an update and hope they have finally added this as an option, but it isn't even on the list of things that are being worked on so I can only assume it isn't a priority.

I've said before, I have never been a complainer, but a change to a site should make the site better. Although the goal of this change, I'm sure certainly had the goal of making things better, but has made it far worse. RFD used to be my favourite forum and it is a huge disappointment what happened in August. I've been patient, but there isn't any logical explanation for being without an autosubscribe option well over a month after the migration. Other phpBB forums have the autosubscribe options, so why RFD can't make it work, I don't know. Disappointment in the current state of the forum is an understatement.
Never say never
Dec 29, 2016
103 posts
57 upvotes
Montr
I still can't find the subscribe or forum tools... Hell?
Deal Expert
Mar 18, 2005
23686 posts
5125 upvotes
Niagara Falls
M3ltdown wrote: I still can't find the subscribe or forum tools... Hell?
Click on the down arrow below your name then select "My subscriptions".

You still have to manually subscribe to any thread you reply to for some asinine reason that RFD has completely failed to explain. FIX THIS CRAP ALREADY!!!!!!
Deal Expert
Sep 21, 2010
15185 posts
4647 upvotes
Montréal
Evil Baby wrote:
M3ltdown wrote: I still can't find the subscribe or forum tools... Hell?
Click on the down arrow below your name then select "My subscriptions".

You still have to manually subscribe to any thread you reply to for some asinine reason that RFD has completely failed to explain. FIX THIS CRAP ALREADY!!!!!!
So I'm not missing anything, they took away the auto-sub ftn? WTH...so annoying/inefficient.
Hard work, inheritance, interest on interest accumulating, and stock and real estate speculation. It's all good.
Deal Addict
Aug 15, 2013
1615 posts
349 upvotes
Toronto
Why would anyone think we'd want to subscribe to threads manually??? Isn't it common sense that you'd want to follow up on those threads where you posted? I stopped using RFD for a month, came back and still no autosubscribe.
Deal Expert
Sep 21, 2010
15185 posts
4647 upvotes
Montréal
TruBrush wrote: Why would anyone think we'd want to subscribe to threads manually??? Isn't it common sense that you'd want to follow up on those threads where you posted? I stopped using RFD for a month, came back and still no autosubscribe.
Similar to the logic that IDs the ppl who upvote you but lets those who downvote remain anon. Doesn't. Make. Sense.
Hard work, inheritance, interest on interest accumulating, and stock and real estate speculation. It's all good.
Deal Fanatic
May 17, 2006
7236 posts
3052 upvotes
GTA
tranquility922 wrote:
TruBrush wrote: Why would anyone think we'd want to subscribe to threads manually??? Isn't it common sense that you'd want to follow up on those threads where you posted? I stopped using RFD for a month, came back and still no autosubscribe.
Similar to the logic that IDs the ppl who upvote you but lets those who downvote remain anon. Doesn't. Make. Sense.
who sees the id of people who upvote - how does one see this?
Deal Expert
Sep 21, 2010
15185 posts
4647 upvotes
Montréal
porksoda wrote:
tranquility922 wrote:
It should show up in your notifications. You need to set it up, how, no idea as this new sys sucks lol.
Deal Fanatic
May 17, 2006
7236 posts
3052 upvotes
GTA
tranquility922 wrote:
porksoda wrote:
tranquility922 wrote:

It should show up in your notifications. You need to set it up, how, no idea as this new sys sucks lol.
oh the notification... annoying and silly... forget it... yeah the new system is terrible.
Deal Fanatic
Dec 3, 2009
6029 posts
1391 upvotes
Toronto
I was wondering why I had such few notifications....this isn't back yet? Such a chore to follow up on threads
Remember to be an RFD-er and NOT a degenerate.
Deal Guru
Jun 28, 2003
12184 posts
5651 upvotes
Ottawa
Adding another voice to the auto-subscription feature. Until that happens/comes back, I will have no choice but to limit my RFD posting.

Thanks.
Deal Addict
Aug 6, 2009
3309 posts
761 upvotes
Aurora, ON
Just looking for why I'm not getting any notification for any threads I've posted in..assume it's broken? Is there a workaround or setting I need to change?