• Last Updated:
  • Sep 14th, 2021 10:43 am
Tags:
Deal Fanatic
Aug 29, 2011
9930 posts
7093 upvotes
Mississauga
I thought it was a public health unit requirement that restaurants had to have a working washroom? Or maybe that doesn't apply to take-out only?
Mar 21, 2008
153 posts
88 upvotes
mrweather wrote: I thought it was a public health unit requirement that restaurants had to have a working washroom? Or maybe that doesn't apply to take-out only?
Only if they have dine-in seating. There's no requirement for takeout only restaurants.

During the lockdowns when every Subway was takeout only here at least they had a leg to stand on, no matter how flimsy that leg got as the months wore on and 95% of other restaurants and fast food places reopened their bathrooms.

Subways? Hell naw, still probably 90% of them are closed up, even the ones that are now offering limited eat in again.

If I cared enough (versus just taking my $ elsewhere) I suppose one could call and file a complaint with the health board for the ones that are open for dine in again and still have their bathrooms closed, but meh.... If I go in and can't even wash my hands before eating I just walk out and go elsewhere.
Deal Fanatic
Dec 19, 2009
6197 posts
4452 upvotes
oshawapilot wrote: You know that's actually just urban legend and not actually based in reality, right?

If you don't believe it go root around in the dumpster behind any Subway and you'll find the empty big industrial cans of tuna in there.
Unlike you I'm not the kind that goes and roots around in dumpsters but if you say they're there I'll believe you but you'd think they would be in the recycle bin instead of the dumpster.

https://www.foodandwine.com/news/subway-tuna-dna-test

After a month, she got the results back. "No amplifiable tuna DNA was present in the sample and so we obtained no amplification products from the DNA," an email from the lab read. "Therefore, we cannot identify the species."
Deal Addict
Oct 27, 2004
1352 posts
689 upvotes
pootza wrote: Unlike you I'm not the kind that goes and roots around in dumpsters but if you say they're there I'll believe you but you'd think they would be in the recycle bin instead of the dumpster.

https://www.foodandwine.com/news/subway-tuna-dna-test

After a month, she got the results back. "No amplifiable tuna DNA was present in the sample and so we obtained no amplification products from the DNA," an email from the lab read. "Therefore, we cannot identify the species."
I don't eat at Subway (since a very bad experience with green meat about 25 years ago!), but I have been bemusedly following this tuna debacle. Subway has put up a rebuttal website: https://subwaytunafacts.com/.
Deal Fanatic
Dec 19, 2009
6197 posts
4452 upvotes
Password wrote: I don't eat at Subway (since a very bad experience with green meat about 25 years ago!), but I have been bemusedly following this tuna debacle. Subway has put up a rebuttal website: https://subwaytunafacts.com/.
Sounds similiar to the response for the PCR test for covid ... oh even though the test shows that you have a positive doesn't mean you have covid because of the false positives and false negatives and maybe you just have a cold and it's picking that up instead.
Deal Addict
Mar 28, 2008
1195 posts
1524 upvotes
jattdesi wrote: You need to read it again, if you normally wear glasses then put them on before you read it. If you don't wear glasses, I suggest you read it again.
Penalty Box
Nov 13, 2010
7814 posts
1867 upvotes
Scarborough
so how many coupons did they refuse so far..... :lol:
Apr 11, 2017
40 posts
129 upvotes
Funny enough, this post got me craving for a sub, so I loaded the subway app again after a year and saw they had a $10 deal for any foot long combo advertised as soon as you open the app. I loaded my combo, chose my location two mins next to me, applied the code.... and got an error "this location is not participating in this promotion". lol so dumb.

Thread Information

There is currently 1 user viewing this thread. (0 members and 1 guest)