• May 4th, 2018 8:23 pm
[OP]
Deal Addict
Aug 9, 2013
2941 posts
1060 upvotes
Scarborough

Subway sandwich misleading information

I was at Subway today and noticed how the Turkey Breast sub is worth the same as the Turkey Breast & Ham for both 6" and 12". Of course that's not the issue here as that is a bonus for the customer however when looking at the nutritional information they both are listed under the same calories for both subs. How is that even possible that a sub that has an extra layer of different meat would be the same calorie count???

This to me not only is misleading but makes me think if they just throw any number on there to please the law. What's even more interesting is if you visit the website you notice the calorie count for a 6" sub on the Turkey Breast is different than the calorie count of what's listed in the retail stores. Again, misleading...

Too bad I cannot find a recent picture of Sub of The Day, the ones I've found have the crispy chicken on Thursday which isn't up to date. If someone has it I can show you what I mean.
9 replies
Deal Addict
Feb 7, 2007
1218 posts
139 upvotes
They use less turkey on the turkey and ham than the regular turkey sub. The ham substitutes some of the turkey...not in addition to.
Deal Addict
Aug 18, 2008
2682 posts
592 upvotes
Ottawa
If the nutritional value is the same, then replace half # of slices of turkey breast with ham.

Otherwise, if one is higher than the other, the total # of slices can simply be far less (ex: 2 slices of turkey breast + 2 slices of ham vs. 7 slices of turkey breast only).
Feb 16, 2018
482 posts
418 upvotes
craigdcan wrote:
May 3rd, 2018 8:08 pm
They use less turkey on the turkey and ham than the regular turkey sub. The ham substitutes some of the turkey...not in addition to.
This, it's not rocket science.
Deal Guru
May 9, 2006
11222 posts
1862 upvotes
Akitakara wrote:
May 3rd, 2018 8:34 pm
If the nutritional value is the same, then replace half # of slices of turkey breast with ham.

Otherwise, if one is higher than the other, the total # of slices can simply be far less (ex: 2 slices of turkey breast + 2 slices of ham vs. 7 slices of turkey breast only).
Which it is:

Ham = 280
Turkey = 290
Turkey + Ham = 290

Turkey + Ham probably 285, but they likely rounded up.
Deal Addict
Jun 21, 2016
2933 posts
961 upvotes
when they use both turkey and ham they add the same amount of total meat.
most Turkey and ham deli meats. have the same amount of calories. Also chicken breast and roast beef.
Deal Addict
Sep 19, 2013
2011 posts
669 upvotes
Winnipeg
Food material cost is only a fraction of the revenue and the marketing department that sets prices dont go by cost+markup like they do in retail stores.

Also, think of this - the veg sandwich and the ham sandwich costs the same. One can put all sorts of veggies in both, the only difference is the fix layer of ham (which according to the difference in price costs $0).
In the beginning the Universe was created. This has made a lot of people very angry and been widely regarded as a bad move. -- Douglas Adams
Deal Addict
Jun 21, 2016
2933 posts
961 upvotes
OrangeBerry wrote:
May 3rd, 2018 7:29 pm
I was at Subway today and noticed how the Turkey Breast sub is worth the same as the Turkey Breast & Ham for both 6" and 12". Of course that's not the issue here as that is a bonus for the customer however when looking at the nutritional information they both are listed under the same calories for both subs. How is that even possible that a sub that has an extra layer of different meat would be the same calorie count???

This to me not only is misleading but makes me think if they just throw any number on there to please the law. What's even more interesting is if you visit the website you notice the calorie count for a 6" sub on the Turkey Breast is different than the calorie count of what's listed in the retail stores. Again, misleading...

Too bad I cannot find a recent picture of Sub of The Day, the ones I've found have the crispy chicken on Thursday which isn't up to date. If someone has it I can show you what I mean.
are you talking about subway? or mr sub?
Because the subways I go to used have turkey on Thursday, Friday is tuna, Monday is chicken bread, Wednesday is teriyaki chicken, and Tuesday is the BMT (or whatever the 3 letter sandwich is)
Sunday and Saturday are cold cut/ham. but they changed

subway-nationwide-3-99-subway-sub-day-2164450/

I mean if you're complaining about turkey sub and turkey/ham sub being the same calories which it actually should be. Which really means you're just ignorant and complaining for no reason.

Wait until you find out the caloric information is for a sub with white bread, no cheese and no sauce and no toppings other than the meat Face With Tears Of Joy
Apr 27, 2018
25 posts
4 upvotes
Well, that de-escalated quickly.
“He'd been wrong, there was a light at the end of the tunnel, and it was a flamethrower.” - Terry Pratchett