Deal Expert
Apr 16, 2002
22169 posts
26064 upvotes
Toronto

Subway - 3 footlongs for $24

Message popped up in app

If you need inspiration to eat em all yourself

"I felt a great disturbance at KFC as if millions of chickens suddenly cried out in terror and were suddenly silenced." RFD user stephroll
117 replies
Dec 24, 2011
464 posts
967 upvotes
East, Canada
One footlong for five dollars would be a deal. This, nah.
Apr 16, 2008
386 posts
418 upvotes
I cannot believe that $8 per sandwich at subway is now considered a deal!
Feb 14, 2006
726 posts
809 upvotes
Hammonds Plains
Tyler18 wrote: I cannot believe that $8 per sandwich at subway is now considered a deal!
Closing in on a dollar an inch.

"Buy two, get one free" @ $24 sound more or less awesome?
Mar 24, 2019
176 posts
243 upvotes
sprung wrote: Message popped up in app

If you need inspiration to eat em all yourself

Best thing about this “deal” was the video u posted
Oct 24, 2010
478 posts
323 upvotes
Toronto
One thing I did notice is that I could add 3 subs that had double meat... Still not worth it for me. Maybe for three hungry people. Subway kinda sucks.
Feb 22, 2017
342 posts
239 upvotes
RaiderX wrote: One footlong for five dollars would be a deal. This, nah.
while I agree in principle
realistically the longstanding $5 footlong deal was only for the few base sandwiches there were allways ones not on that list not to mention addons making them more and thanks to inflation especially pandemic related, I dont think it will ever go back to what deals were.

on a side note as a fat guy it is nice to finally see a deal for us.

while I never at 3 footlongs, 2 was most commonly what I got.
that said (un?)fortunately im 2 years into keto (80+lbs down woot ) so no footlongs for me...
figures they'd come out with a deal I can't utilize
Deal Addict
Aug 12, 2006
3509 posts
2112 upvotes
Toronto
bam136 wrote: One thing I did notice is that I could add 3 subs that had double meat... Still not worth it for me. Maybe for three hungry people. Subway kinda sucks.
That's a very useful observation. Thanks for sharing. As to whether it's true, or even truly "double", is probably YMMV for sure.
May 13, 2010
378 posts
156 upvotes
Ottawa
Congrats on the keto woe, maybe someday a low carb bread or sub in a bowl !
Deal Addict
Aug 16, 2003
3294 posts
785 upvotes
Looking at this rationally, the footlong BMT (chosen arbitrarily) was about $7.99 2 years ago. Today the app claims it is $9.79 that's an increase of almost 25%.

In the US, in Champlain, NY the price for the same BMT today is US$6.89 (that's $8.36 in Canadian, or 18% less expensive in real terms).

So, not a deal up here.
Apr 13, 2010
211 posts
349 upvotes
beachlover wrote: That's a very useful observation. Thanks for sharing. As to whether it's true, or even truly "double", is probably YMMV for sure.
I used to eat a lot of Subway, and it was legitimately double, in my experience.
Deal Addict
Feb 13, 2015
2037 posts
1982 upvotes
Toronto, Ontario
Subway is a dying chain. The prices are just to ridiculous for what they offer. I do like their subs, but i wont spend anything over 6-7$ for a footlong. I only get subway when they have those crazy STD deals or other offers.
😎Thanks RFD😎
Dec 27, 2017
101 posts
151 upvotes
Tyler18 wrote: I cannot believe that $8 per sandwich at subway is now considered a deal!
You can almost buy a Big Mac for the same price.
Mar 7, 2020
127 posts
183 upvotes
$8 foot-longs only when you buy 3...how is this a deal?? I agree, I'd delete this posting.
Mar 7, 2020
127 posts
183 upvotes
HeartofDarius13 wrote: You can almost buy a Big Mac for the same price.
No way...It's been a looong time since I've ever paid over $3 for a Big Mac..seems to always be deals now on them.
Deal Fanatic
Sep 7, 2004
6238 posts
2623 upvotes
West GTEH!
blackbirdman wrote: Subway is a dying chain. The prices are just to ridiculous for what they offer. I do like their subs, but i wont spend anything over 6-7$ for a footlong. I only get subway when they have those crazy STD deals or other offers.
I only buy at Subway when I get the mailed coupons. Specifically the Buy 1 Footlong and get 2nd one for $0.99.
😎
Deal Guru
Oct 6, 2010
14901 posts
9291 upvotes
Toronto
Ruciz wrote: Closing in on a dollar an inch.

This is not a deal, lol.
Last edited by MrDisco on May 13th, 2021 11:24 am, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: unnecessary
DYI difficulty scale:
0-joke
10-no joke

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Apr 16, 2008
386 posts
418 upvotes
blackbirdman wrote: Subway is a dying chain. The prices are just to ridiculous for what they offer. I do like their subs, but i wont spend anything over 6-7$ for a footlong. I only get subway when they have those crazy STD deals or other offers.
What does it say about Subway that an STD is the only way to entice you to eat there?
Deal Addict
Sep 9, 2015
1075 posts
700 upvotes
Nanaimo
qabloona wrote: Congrats on the keto woe, maybe someday a low carb bread or sub in a bowl !
you can get sub in a bowl, i did for breakfast this morning, egg+bacon as a salad. They charge you $2 more for a salad which is stupid cause they aren't even giving you any more vegetables, plus they take away the bread. Today the supervisor said they didn't have a way to make breakfast sandwich into a salad, so they tired to charge me separate for the bacon and egg, being $10 total. I said no it is advertised right there on the board that it's $2 for ANY sandwich made into a salad. They eventually gave it to me for $7. I wasn't impressed. I hadn't been to subway in some time, I probably won't bother going back.

I notice that they have rice bowls now too as an option, but that's still carbs.