• Jun 15th, 2018 11:41 pm
[OP]
Jan 6, 2015
76 posts
150 upvotes
Corbeil,ON
LordPhan wrote:
May 24th, 2018 2:22 pm
SVS costs more then your budget but is worth it. I have a PB-1000 and it is clear bass down to 19 hz.
Not sure how it happened but ended up with a svs pb-2000. So much for the budget
Deal Expert
Feb 24, 2003
15085 posts
2108 upvotes
Toronto
morestoneplz wrote:
Jun 8th, 2018 5:58 pm
Not sure how it happened but ended up with a svs pb-2000. So much for the budget
Congratulations, you won't be disappointed.

Was it purchased new or used?
[OP]
Jan 6, 2015
76 posts
150 upvotes
Corbeil,ON
audit13 wrote:
Jun 8th, 2018 7:04 pm
Congratulations, you won't be disappointed.

Was it purchased new or used?
New. I’ve been looking for a while and I think nobody sells them. Which is encouraging I think.
Deal Expert
Feb 24, 2003
15085 posts
2108 upvotes
Toronto
morestoneplz wrote:
Jun 8th, 2018 10:23 pm
New. I’ve been looking for a while and I think nobody sells them. Which is encouraging I think.
SVS subwoofers don't appear too often on the used market. I got my first SVS from sonicboomaudio.com in Markham.

Obviously, you have a strong back if you are going to move that beast around :)
Aug 6, 2017
95 posts
81 upvotes
morestoneplz wrote:
Nice
Aug 6, 2017
95 posts
81 upvotes
audit13 wrote:
Jun 9th, 2018 9:46 am
SVS subwoofers don't appear too often on the used market. I got my first SVS from sonicboomaudio.com in Markham.

Obviously, you have a strong back if you are going to move that beast around :)
That's where I got mine too.
[OP]
Jan 6, 2015
76 posts
150 upvotes
Corbeil,ON
LordPhan wrote:
Jun 9th, 2018 2:18 pm
That's where I got mine too.
Ha that’s were I got mine as well. Yea my back is already complaining and it hasn’t come yet. Thanks everyone for their comments!
Deal Expert
Feb 24, 2003
15085 posts
2108 upvotes
Toronto
I recommend removing it from the box and move it around the room by placing it on a thick towel. I have hardwood floors so mine slides around quite easily. For my PC12, I can easily pick it up and move it around.
Deal Guru
Mar 6, 2003
11984 posts
2855 upvotes
Ottawa
morestoneplz wrote:
200w8BPJ33GC.gif

that's the way to go, "If you buy quality, you only cry once."

SVS subs are total beasts, and the customer service is top notch. I had a problem once with mine and I was conversing with Ed Mullen back and forth diagnosing my problem at 9pm.
RFD is not just about saving money, it's about the thrill of the hunt and not paying full price like Joe Shmoe did. This applies to everyday items as well as high end items that I don't really need.
[OP]
Jan 6, 2015
76 posts
150 upvotes
Corbeil,ON
audit13 wrote:
Jun 9th, 2018 5:19 pm
I recommend removing it from the box and move it around the room by placing it on a thick towel. I have hardwood floors so mine slides around quite easily. For my PC12, I can easily pick it up and move it around.
Great idea! Yea I’ve learned to buy quality or pay later.
[OP]
Jan 6, 2015
76 posts
150 upvotes
Corbeil,ON
Nothing really prepares you for the size of this sub does it. Good lord this thing is a beast. Can’t wait to find the sweet spot in my tv room and give it a workout. Smiling Face With Open Mouth. It’s a think of beauty.
Deal Expert
Feb 24, 2003
15085 posts
2108 upvotes
Toronto
Enjoy your "subwoofer crawl" :)
[OP]
Jan 6, 2015
76 posts
150 upvotes
Corbeil,ON
audit13 wrote:
Jun 13th, 2018 9:21 pm
Enjoy your "subwoofer crawl" :)
Have you ever done the crawl? Should be interesting putting the 65 lbs sub on the couch. I’m pretty limited to the places I can put the sub since it’s so big. If you have any tips?
Deal Expert
Feb 24, 2003
15085 posts
2108 upvotes
Toronto
I have only three places where I could put the sub. I put it into my preferred location, ran the room correction, watched some movies with some good low frequency effects. I repeated this for position 2 and 3 before selecting its final position. It helps if your receiver or processor is able to store frequency correction for multiple sub locations.

In my previous house where I had much more flexibility for sub positions, I placed two stools onto a piece of scrap carpet and then placed the sub on the stools. I moved the sub into the main listening position and played files with sustained low bass and performed the crawl.
[OP]
Jan 6, 2015
76 posts
150 upvotes
Corbeil,ON
audit13 wrote:
Jun 14th, 2018 11:59 pm
I have only three places where I could put the sub. I put it into my preferred location, ran the room correction, watched some movies with some good low frequency effects. I repeated this for position 2 and 3 before selecting its final position. It helps if your receiver or processor is able to store frequency correction for multiple sub locations.

In my previous house where I had much more flexibility for sub positions, I placed two stools onto a piece of scrap carpet and then placed the sub on the stools. I moved the sub into the main listening position and played files with sustained low bass and performed the crawl.
Hmmm I have the same problem. It can only go in a few possible positions. Moved the sub in four spots and did the room calibrations on each and it really sounded good anywhere. I think my last sub was so bad this one really can go anywhere and sound great . Or I’m doing it wrong. I definitely will keep tweaking. But man there is nothing like listening to explosions that shake the house. Thank you for the advice.