• Last Updated:
  • Apr 3rd, 2017 4:28 pm
[OP]
Feb 16, 2016
681 posts
272 upvotes
Casselman, Ontario

Suggest a school for my wife's MHA?

So my wife already has a Master's in Social Work. She works in a hospital and makes a good salary but she's ambitious and wants to climb up the ranks to eventually get a very high title (VP, CEO, etc.). For that to happen in the long run, she's going to need a MHA (Master's Health Administration). She will do it part time and online (if possible) since she's not a in rush to complete it. Any suggestions on where to do it? What cost should she expect? How long do these programs usually take to complete? Thanks for the information.
3 replies
Deal Guru
Dec 31, 2005
13306 posts
738 upvotes
A MHA is not a prerequisite for any of those jobs?

Sorry, but performance, leadership responsibility and being identified as top talent is far more important.
[OP]
Feb 16, 2016
681 posts
272 upvotes
Casselman, Ontario
nalababe wrote: A MHA is not a prerequisite for any of those jobs?

Sorry, but performance, leadership responsibility and being identified as top talent is far more important.
IIRC, all of her supervisors have MHA's.
Deal Guru
Feb 9, 2006
12441 posts
7032 upvotes
Brampton
Potrice wrote: IIRC, all of her supervisors have MHA's.
So she wants to be a supervisor or a CEO or VP? I'm confused.

Take a look at the VP of health Orgs and they all have MBAs, years of experience, multiple degrees. In addition to being a doctor or Nurse or lawyer or a combination thereof. Look at their history and they'd also taken on multiple projects, either as PMP as well too.