Shopping Discussion

Suggestion on the best talk and text plan

• Last Updated:
  • Oct 12th, 2019 3:01 pm
Aug 14, 2019
64 posts
11 upvotes

Suggestion on the best talk and text plan

Hey guys.. want to ditch my plan as I also have a work phone with data so just want to go on talk and text with my personal phone to keep the number..

Any suggestions would be appreciated.. thanks
6 replies
Deal Guru
Jan 19, 2017
10055 posts
6147 upvotes
BargainHunterCan wrote: Hey guys.. want to ditch my plan as I also have a work phone with data so just want to go on talk and text with my personal phone to keep the number..

Any suggestions would be appreciated.. thanks
Speakout from 7-11 is the lowest keep the number prepay service. min $25/year if you don't use that much.
Deal Expert
Aug 22, 2006
31271 posts
17295 upvotes
Can you use your work data and/or minutes for personal use?

If it were me I'd shove my personal number somewhere like voip.ms and just forward it on to my work phone.
But that'd also mean you'd have to keep your work phone around at all times.
Do you not have anything else to do rather than argue with strangers on the internet
Nope. That's why I'm on the internet arguing with strangers. If I had anything better to do I'd probably be doing it.
Penalty Box
Nov 13, 2010
7814 posts
1867 upvotes
Scarborough
I wouldn’t recommend using workphone for personal usage.
But yeah public mobile or chatr $25
Aug 14, 2019
64 posts
11 upvotes
With all the dual sim phones around now.. the idea was to keep talk and text on my personal phone and I do have 6GB data with my work phone which is plenty.. only issue is I cant track it via an app.. need to do it using the phone itself..

I have heard of services like Fongo etc but also heard they are very unreliable
Deal Expert
Aug 22, 2006
31271 posts
17295 upvotes
BargainHunterCan wrote: I have heard of services like Fongo etc but also heard they are very unreliable
voip.ms is very reliable except for stuff like 2FA.
Basically if a phone is sending you a text it's pretty much 100%.
If it's a machine sending you a text it's like 50%.

There's plenty of places that do work with 2FA but there's also quite a bit that don't.
Do you not have anything else to do rather than argue with strangers on the internet
Nope. That's why I'm on the internet arguing with strangers. If I had anything better to do I'd probably be doing it.

Thread Information

There is currently 1 user viewing this thread. (0 members and 1 guest)