None
[OP]
Deal Addict
May 2, 2013
1959 posts
3959 upvotes
Bloor-Yonge

suggestion to remove rude replies in hot deals threads

i have noticed lately that people who comment on RFD Hot Deals Forums are very rude, critical of the hot deal post. Others write off topic comments not related to the thread.

I have a suggestion. Can RFD add a functionality such as a "dislike comment" button to remove the comment from being seen on the forum?

For example, Yahoo comments offers the same functionality, where enough number of downvotes will make the comment invisible.
6 replies
Sep 30, 2001
29153 posts
8580 upvotes
Toronto
A voting system for the forums is a regular suggestion so the Admins are aware of it. If and when it will appear in the dev cycle is something only they can answer.

If someone is being particularly obnoxious or rude please report it.
Be kind and civil with one another
Administrator
Jun 17, 2013
16205 posts
31014 upvotes
Scarborough
It is a feature we're working on adding. In the meanwhile do as MrDisco suggested and report the ones that go too far. Keep in mind that criticism is allowed as long as it's constructive and in good taste.
RFD Staff - Have a question? Send me a PM
[Forum Rules] [Deal Alerts]
Deal Expert
Oct 16, 2001
76501 posts
1579 upvotes
I stopped posting any hot deals. Everyone wants it spoon fed to them, they pounce on any mistake, and always seem to find a better deal somewhere else (a lot with no proof)
Administrator
Jun 17, 2013
16205 posts
31014 upvotes
Scarborough
Spidey wrote: I stopped posting any hot deals. Everyone wants it spoon fed to them, they pounce on any mistake, and always seem to find a better deal somewhere else (a lot with no proof)
It has gotten better over the past year but we know that it still happens. It's usually worse when either the deal isn't very good or it's from a questionable retailer. Regardless of that it shouldn't happen and we'll continue to enforce the rules on those that do this and also implement other changes which may help (down voting). Hopefully it'll get to the point where you feel comfortable posting deals again.
Deal Guru
May 9, 2006
12387 posts
3063 upvotes
TomRFD wrote: It has gotten better over the past year but we know that it still happens. It's usually worse when either the deal isn't very good or it's from a questionable retailer. Regardless of that it shouldn't happen and we'll continue to enforce the rules on those that do this and also implement other changes which may help (down voting). Hopefully it'll get to the point where you feel comfortable posting deals again.
It doesn't even matter if the deal is good... if it is not the best deal ever for that product/service in the entire history of this planet, it will be criticized.
Administrator
Jun 17, 2013
16205 posts
31014 upvotes
Scarborough
joeyjoejoe wrote: It doesn't even matter if the deal is good... if it is not the best deal ever for that product/service in the entire history of this planet, it will be criticized.
Whether or not a deal is good is always subjective though. As long as the criticisms are useful and not just thread-crapping we don't have a problem with this.

Thread Information

There is currently 1 user viewing this thread. (0 members and 1 guest)