Computers & Electronics

Suggestions to buy Microsoft Office or 365 for less price

• Last Updated:
  • Feb 18th, 2021 11:56 pm
Mar 6, 2010
895 posts
382 upvotes
Brampton
all these deals seem as shady as the $3 deals on ebay. They probably all get de-activated pretty soon.
Isn't there any guaranteed and relaible 3rd party seller selling 2016 version for cheap?
Deal Addict
Oct 18, 2007
4378 posts
1597 upvotes
DeletedMemories wrote: install the trial and activate it using your work email address, it should work and be free. I have that setup I forget if I had to do anything to the trial to make it work but it is activated using my work email address.
Only if your company allows it... I saw this and just tried it. Access denied. lol
RFD is bad for your wallet's health 😂
Rogers EPP - $40 Canada/USA-wide + 6GB since 2018
Mar 6, 2010
895 posts
382 upvotes
Brampton
Looks like hardly anyone selling Office 2016
Feb 18, 2019
569 posts
795 upvotes
You can buy Volume Licensing keys of Office 2019 Pro Plus for like $5 on Ebay. I'm not going to comment on the ethics of doing this, but they certainly do work.

https://www.ebay.ca/itm/MICROSOFT-OFFIC ... SwlvpfwKzA

For those saying they get deactivated... They don't, and never will. Microsoft isn't going to piss off their paying customers by deactivating their products, just because some rogue employee wanted to make a few $$ on Ebay.
Mar 6, 2010
895 posts
382 upvotes
Brampton
DonkeyDoo wrote: You can buy Volume Licensing keys of Office 2019 Pro Plus for like $5 on Ebay. I'm not going to comment on the ethics of doing this, but they certainly do work.

https://www.ebay.ca/itm/MICROSOFT-OFFIC ... SwlvpfwKzA

For those saying they get deactivated... They don't, and never will. Microsoft isn't going to piss off their paying customers by deactivating their products, just because some rogue employee wanted to make a few $$ on Ebay.
They work but for a week or few weeks. Mine just flashed a product deactivated notification, not sure how it will work. Do you know for sure that MS wont disable some functionality progressively in next few days?
Feb 18, 2019
569 posts
795 upvotes
luking wrote: They work but for a week or few weeks. Mine just flashed a product deactivated notification, not sure how it will work. Do you know for sure that MS wont disable some functionality progressively in next few days?
I guess YMMV, but I've never had one deactivated (years).
Deal Fanatic
Jan 21, 2018
9652 posts
10924 upvotes
Vancouver
You are likely depending on some unknown company's corporate volume licencing agreement with Microsoft. If the company drops or changes their agreement with Microsoft, all the licences are affected. You don't know if or when that might happen.
Deal Guru
Feb 10, 2007
13940 posts
5439 upvotes
LOL, it's literally a few bucks on ebay for "shady" keys.

If it goes bad, buy another one....

some people are making a big deal out of it.

For what its worth, I got a "shady" office365 key on ebay probably 3-4 years ago now. Still working.
You don't know if or when that might happen.
The sweetest gyal
Deal Addict
Dec 11, 2003
3079 posts
1699 upvotes
Toronto
sexyj wrote: LOL, it's literally a few bucks on ebay for "shady" keys.

For what its worth, I got a "shady" office365 key on ebay probably 3-4 years ago now. Still working.
For Office 365, don't you need to renew every year?
P10 2.4 THz CPU || 8 TB Ram || WD 300 TB HD || Nvidia w/ 32 TB Memory

"You're only as dumb as you look"
Deal Guru
Feb 10, 2007
13940 posts
5439 upvotes
not when it's "shady" keys
ds2chan wrote: For Office 365, don't you need to renew every year?
The sweetest gyal
Mar 6, 2010
895 posts
382 upvotes
Brampton
sexyj wrote: LOL, it's literally a few bucks on ebay for "shady" keys.

It ain't 3-4 years ago man. Covid has created lots of desperate but sleek fraudsters. take a look at what is happening on ebay. Every one selling these keys for less than 5 bucks has joined in past 2-3 DAYS, not weeks let alone years. They all vanish or are banished as soon as some sales materialize . I had it happen twice in one week.
The good ole days are long gone
Deal Guru
Feb 10, 2007
13940 posts
5439 upvotes
lol nah

new users because ebay is routinely trying to stop them

luking wrote: It ain't 3-4 years ago man. Covid has created lots of desperate but sleek fraudsters. take a look at what is happening on ebay. Every one selling these keys for less than 5 bucks has joined in past 2-3 DAYS, not weeks let alone years. They all vanish or are banished as soon as some sales materialize . I had it happen twice in one week.
The good ole days are long gone
The sweetest gyal
Deal Expert
Dec 26, 2010
25986 posts
10380 upvotes
I don't think I've bought the sub for full price since I started with it a few years back. The Source usually has it before year's end for $20 or $30 off as well, M$ has deals on it in the summer, usually before September. I think I'm good on it because of these deals for the next several years. Best is to buy a Family Plan and split it among your friends. That makes it very cheap and you can share it on 5 or 6 computers as well as tablets and phones. I bought it this way as everyone then gets 1TB of cloud storage, which is really handy. Amazon wanted $120 for 1 TB per year for 1 device. I just told them that wasn't a service since in the US, it's 1/2 that. They refused to give me the same deal, so I dumped them...
Deal Addict
Dec 11, 2003
3079 posts
1699 upvotes
Toronto
sexyj wrote: not when it's "shady" keys
How did you install Office 365? Looks like you have to install it off of Microsoft's website but I don't see an option to. Thanks.
P10 2.4 THz CPU || 8 TB Ram || WD 300 TB HD || Nvidia w/ 32 TB Memory

"You're only as dumb as you look"
Deal Guru
Feb 10, 2007
13940 posts
5439 upvotes
ds2chan wrote: How did you install Office 365? Looks like you have to install it off of Microsoft's website but I don't see an option to. Thanks.
The sweetest gyal
Deal Fanatic
May 11, 2009
8554 posts
5570 upvotes
Trudostan
Download the Office 365 installer from MS (links found on google). File name will be O365ProPlusRetail.img

Extract or mount that and install, it will be a trial.

Google KMS_VL_ALL and run the script. BAM! Your trial now lasts forever, you just need to re-run the script every 6 months. Doesn't involve any cracks or piracy, no sketchy executables or apps... just a small script that resets the clock.
SAMSUNG SUCKS! NO SSD WARRANTY IN CANADA > https://forums.redflagdeals.com/has-any ... d-2098075/
Deal Expert
Jun 27, 2004
15215 posts
4405 upvotes
Vancouver.bc.ca
M1K3Z0R wrote: Google KMS_VL_ALL and run the script. BAM! Your trial now lasts forever, you just need to re-run the script every 6 months. Doesn't involve any cracks or piracy, no sketchy executables or apps... just a small script that resets the clock.
I think using a trial version perpetually is piracy, regardless if some kind of workaround is required or not. Piracy is when you break the terms of the licencing.

Just an FYI. I don't care what you do, but don't mislead people.
Deal Fanatic
Jan 21, 2018
9652 posts
10924 upvotes
Vancouver
rabbit wrote: I think using a trial version perpetually is piracy, regardless if some kind of workaround is required or not. Piracy is when you break the terms of the licencing.

Just an FYI. I don't care what you do, but don't mislead people.
Violating the terms of a licence is not a legal offence, unless you have a contract with the licencor and could be sued in civil court for breaking the contract.

However, when Canada implemented its new copyright law several years ago, it included "circumventing a technical copy protection measure" as an offence - a provision imported from the U.S. DMCA. I would say that a court would likely agree that using a crack to reset a trial timer would qualify as an offence, although it's doubtful Microsoft would go after individuals. They would be more likely to target companies doing this for 100 copies.
Deal Expert
Jun 27, 2004
15215 posts
4405 upvotes
Vancouver.bc.ca
Sure, whatever makes you feel better about pirating :) .