Suggestions on how to optimize ways to collect Points for travel

• Last Updated:
  • May 13th, 2019 10:40 am
[OP]
Nov 22, 2010
88 posts
60 upvotes

Suggestions on how to optimize ways to collect Points for travel

Anyone can suggest the best way to collect points for travelling?

In the past people suggested to purchase prepaid credit card and pay it off to LOC and then using LOC to pay off the original creditcard that you purchased the prepaid card with.

Any other suggestions?
3 replies
Deal Addict
Jan 11, 2004
4937 posts
538 upvotes
Victoria
It'd be interested in some ways of manufacturing spending as well. I know now one serious would post the schemes on a public forum but pm me!
Not a political sig
Deal Addict
Jun 15, 2015
2579 posts
1765 upvotes
Mississauga, ON
Not really a scheme per say- but funnel all your household expenses on to a credit card (and I mean everything from bills to coffee). There’s no right or wrong CC it depends on your destinations and flexibility. I like Scotia Rewards because it allows you to book everywhere then credit yourself points to $ value. You can combine multiple products (Gold Amex & visa) that give you 4x the points on some purchases etc.
Deal Addict
Oct 18, 2014
1962 posts
853 upvotes
HK
For the time being, traveling on AC still nets you miles based on distances (vs spend like US carriers). Few months ago there was a sale on Singapore airlines to Vietnam for $999 on Premium Economy, which netted a bunch of miles. So good to monitor sales, and get a trip out of it.