Cell Phones

Suggestions for internet on the weekends. Need to bring my bill down.

• Last Updated:
  • Sep 12th, 2021 10:28 pm
[OP]
Sep 25, 2007
113 posts
50 upvotes
Toronto

Suggestions for internet on the weekends. Need to bring my bill down.

Hi, I rent my house and keep the basement unit for whenever I am there, which works out to a weekend in a month or even every other month. Currently, i am paying $65 for the internet which is a complete waste of money as I never use it.

I am hoping to reduce my budget to $20-$30/month. I've looked through all the internet deals in Toronto, and most of them charge $50 or up. Do you have any recommendations, perhaps I can get a data card (?), or some other option to bring my expenses down?
2 replies
Deal Addict
Apr 13, 2005
1389 posts
1382 upvotes
Markham, ON
apkesh wrote: Hi, I rent my house and keep the basement unit for whenever I am there, which works out to a weekend in a month or even every other month. Currently, i am paying $65 for the internet which is a complete waste of money as I never use it.

I am hoping to reduce my budget to $20-$30/month. I've looked through all the internet deals in Toronto, and most of them charge $50 or up. Do you have any recommendations, perhaps I can get a data card (?), or some other option to bring my expenses down?
Mobile internet is more expensive than home internet.
FIDO, Freedom Mobile, Koodo, Public Mobile, TELUS customer.
Jun 4, 2013
952 posts
305 upvotes
Vancouver
use your cell phone data if you aren't going to doing much streaming or download/uploading.