None
[OP]
Deal Addict
Aug 25, 2010
2245 posts
456 upvotes
Toronto

Suggestions for a monitor mount for a thick desk

I bought a Cintiq and I'm doing research on monitor mounts for up to 27` inch monitors and for the 22` cintiq. I have a desk where the width might be too thick to mount from the side or back. I've noticed that most desks have an indent, or space around them that allow for easing mounting. My desk has the same thickness on all four sides. Are there any solutions to this?
11 replies
Deal Expert
Oct 6, 2005
16599 posts
2315 upvotes
How thick is your desk? Most arm mounts can expand to about 3"? If it's any thicker, you may have to drill a hole and do a grommet mount.
[OP]
Deal Addict
Aug 25, 2010
2245 posts
456 upvotes
Toronto
About 5-6 inches.
Deal Expert
Oct 6, 2005
16599 posts
2315 upvotes
yogakun wrote: About 5-6 inches.
There are very choices for desks that thick - nothing mainstream. Have you considered wall mounting?
[OP]
Deal Addict
Aug 25, 2010
2245 posts
456 upvotes
Toronto
coolspot wrote: That's a great mount - but now that I think about it, grommet mounting may not even work due to the thickness of the table.
Any suggestions? It is a great mount.
Deal Fanatic
Mar 17, 2006
6884 posts
5797 upvotes
Burlington
sorry for bringing back the dead, but I wonder what the solution was for OP, or if there are any other options?

I have the same desk, and now trying to mount 1 monitor.

I currently have all of my cables (2 power cables, 2 DP cables, power + 3 slim ethernet cables) routed through this opening.
What mount can I do without making a mess of cables
Deal Addict
Nov 7, 2016
1777 posts
830 upvotes
Ontario
Careful mounting a heavy monitors on those desks even with a grommet mount. I do believe the top of those desks is hollow and can separate in time with the constant pressure.
·Ï¢årµ§·