[Suitsupply] Suitsupply surprise(!) outlet sale

• Last Updated:
  • May 16th, 2020 6:25 pm
Deal Addict
Feb 15, 2012
3143 posts
2594 upvotes
Toronto
dracolnyte wrote: my last item has been shipped. jort coming from netherlands Face Screaming In Fear
this is interesting, its coming tomorrow but the weight says 0.10 kg. is this a sham? my other suit says 5lb

edit: not coming, somehow lost in customs
Last edited by dracolnyte on Apr 23rd, 2020 9:55 am, edited 1 time in total.
Deal Addict
Aug 21, 2007
2295 posts
1430 upvotes
Did anyone else's suits arrived looking like used tissue paper? Just incredibly wrinkled. Makes it really hard to decide whether to keep it
Sep 12, 2019
8 posts
11 upvotes
I got an email from customer service that 3 items from my order are not available. 2 of which were Jort suits which sucks.

They've compensated me with a $80 gift card which I don't think is enough. Those Jort suits were a huge score. Huge disappointment.
Nov 17, 2014
581 posts
604 upvotes
QC
SomeGuyNamedBob wrote: Did anyone else's suits arrived looking like used tissue paper? Just incredibly wrinkled. Makes it really hard to decide whether to keep it
Is your suit linen ? That would explain. Don't forget they were shipped and might have moved in box. Nothing a pressing won't fix, for just hang everything.
hdhami wrote: I got an email from customer service that 3 items from my order are not available. 2 of which were Jort suits which sucks.

They've compensated me with a $80 gift card which I don't think is enough. Those Jort suits were a huge score. Huge disappointment.
Bummer indeed. So many people bought jorts and got declined. Which jort was it? honestly they don't have to give anything, so I thought 80$ was a nice touch. Fuc* ups happens, and here it was a massive one.
Dec 12, 2010
310 posts
63 upvotes
Vancouver
randomized wrote: I have been wearing SS suits for years now, actually created this account to respond on here.
If suits are new to you I would first start doing some research on your size because SS suits tend to fit more snug then usual. The Sienna Suit for instance is suited for more rounder/average body types compared to their Havana Suit is which more slim through the shoulders but yet still gives you the room for your chest. Based off your description, a Havana or a slim fit suit would be more appealing, again you can see the fit description on every suit you select.

As for which is more suited for the office, it really depends on your work environment. If it is more corporate and an older style then I would choose a wool blend suit compared to a linen blend. It also depends on your climate and work atmosphere.
Sorry, totally didn't see this until now. Thank you for your input. I went with a Napoli and a Sienna based on numerous articles I read online. See how it goes.

Ordered on April 13 and it just shipped as of today (April 24).

Edit: What's so appealing about the jort suits?
Deal Addict
Feb 15, 2012
3143 posts
2594 upvotes
Toronto
kazin wrote: Sorry, totally didn't see this until now. Thank you for your input. I went with a Napoli and a Sienna based on numerous articles I read online. See how it goes.

Ordered on April 13 and it just shipped as of today (April 24).

Edit: What's so appealing about the jort suits?
to start, it is full canvas construction (most of SS suits are half-canvas and other brands are fused). I believe higher quality fabric from brand name mills (super 140 and above). my guess
Sep 6, 2018
76 posts
56 upvotes
looks like my order got cancelled as well. does anyone know how often SS has these outlet sales?
Deal Addict
Feb 15, 2012
3143 posts
2594 upvotes
Toronto
jaysdt wrote: looks like my order got cancelled as well. does anyone know how often SS has these outlet sales?
once every year or year and half. last time it was dec 2018 on rfd
Dec 12, 2010
310 posts
63 upvotes
Vancouver
dracolnyte wrote: to start, it is full canvas construction (most of SS suits are half-canvas and other brands are fused). I believe higher quality fabric from brand name mills (super 140 and above). my guess
Full canvas at that price is great. Fully understood!
Aug 2, 2016
320 posts
287 upvotes
jaysdt wrote: looks like my order got cancelled as well. does anyone know how often SS has these outlet sales?
dracolnyte wrote: once every year or year and half. last time it was dec 2018 on rfd

Twice a year (January and July) for US website.
Nov 17, 2014
581 posts
604 upvotes
QC
dracolnyte wrote: once every year or year and half. last time it was dec 2018 on rfd
Yup and wasn't as good as this one here.
Although it did ship faster and stock levels were better managed.
Still no shipment notice for my orders of April 10th
I think suitsupply overestimated Canadian and US market response. People in EU have received their order placed on the 15th.
Deal Addict
Feb 15, 2012
3143 posts
2594 upvotes
Toronto
Anyone find their Jort fit bigger than their Sienna? I haven't received mine yet but that's what my friend told me. If so then I have a 38R Jort up for grabs next week
Nov 17, 2014
581 posts
604 upvotes
QC
dracolnyte wrote: Anyone find their Jort fit bigger than their Sienna? I haven't received mine yet but that's what my friend told me. If so then I have a 38R Jort up for grabs next week
Crap. I ordered a jort size 40r. I thought they were slimmer than usual. Well, if that's the case I'll be getting yours when I try my order. Set it aside for me :)
Order 1 out of 3 has shipped (some stuff was taken out of it by Susu for OOS reasons)
Deal Addict
Feb 15, 2012
3143 posts
2594 upvotes
Toronto
zewill wrote: Crap. I ordered a jort size 40r. I thought they were slimmer than usual. Well, if that's the case I'll be getting yours when I try my order. Set it aside for me :)
Order 1 out of 3 has shipped (some stuff was taken out of it by Susu for OOS reasons)
here is a comparison, the top one is sienna, the bottom is jort
https://imgur.com/a/kUEH6

but another article said jort are more slimmer than sienna
https://www.misiuacademy.com/suitsupply-suit-fits/
Deal Addict
Dec 28, 2005
4155 posts
1554 upvotes
Awesome. After 16 days of waiting with no communication, my order cancelled on both my Jort suits.

Well, I guess I am sticking with Spier and Mackay. At least they are communicative.