Sorry, this offer has expired. Set up a deal alert and get notified of future deals like this. Add a Deal Alert

Expired Hot Deals

Sorry, this offer has expired.
Set up a deal alert and get notified of future deals like this.
Set up a Deal Alert
Summit Hi-Fi

SVS PB-1000 & PB-2000 subwoofers + ALL merch - $609 or $940 (BF pricing still active)

• Last Updated:
  • Dec 26th, 2019 6:06 pm
Deal Fanatic
Jul 1, 2009
6219 posts
15392 upvotes
ABB Midnight Rider

SVS PB-1000 & PB-2000 subwoofers + ALL merch - $609 or $940 (BF pricing still active)

Deal Link:
Price:
$609
Savings:
$90.99
Retailer:
Summit Hi-Fi
NOTE: The "BLACKFRIDAY" code is *still* active at Summit Hi-Fi as of this morning, Tuesday Dec 3.

Thanks to @Deimos42 and @Ceetie for finding the Summit Hi-Fi lower prices and @zevnux for pointing out Electronics for Less prices. I've removed the Electronics for Less and Amazon.ca links as their sales are now over.

Summit Hi-Fi, an authorized dealer of the SVS brand here in Canada, is currently running a 13% off sale on *ALL* their merchandise including the outstanding ported subwoofers for home theatre and music applications: SVS PB-1000 for $608.99 + tax = $688.16 with HST or $639.44 with GST only in BC as well as the SVS PB-2000 for $939.59 + tax = $1,061.74 with HST or $986.57 with GST only in BC. To reiterate: Summit Hi-Fi's 13% off code "BLACKFRIDAY" applies site wide to all their merchandise. This is the lowest price I've seen in Canada for these subs this Black Friday and Cyber Monday.

If you're looking for an outstanding subwoofer, skip the Klipsch, Polk and other big box brands (they're basically just boom boxes) and step in to the tight, controlled, flat frequency response of SVS with far greater low end depth and explosive sound pressure levels.

For a good review check out this Home Theater Shack writeup that covers the PB-1000 and SB-1000:
https://www.hometheatershack.com/thread ... iew.66069/

Note: You MUST manually use the code "BLACKFRIDAY" at Summit Hi-Fi during checkout for the 13% off. Summit Hi-Fi carry stock on the whole range of SVS equipment with discounts today using the above codes.

SVS PB-1000 Subwoofer:
https://www.summithifi.com/products/svs ... -subwoofer ($608.99 + tax = $688.16 with HST or $639.44 with GST only in BC)
Delivers room-shaking output and subterranean low frequency extension without sacrificing detail and accuracy. The SVS PB-1000 subwoofer features high-excursion 10-inch driver and 300 watts RMS, 700+ watts peak power amplifier with DSP controls. An anomaly in the world of subwoofers, the SVS PB-1000 plays below the limits of human hearing, down to 19Hz and lower, yet costs a fraction of what ported subwoofers with similar low frequency extension and output sell for. Simply put, it’s the deepest, most effortless and authoritative bass you’ll find for under $500 US. No subwoofer comes close to offering this level of low frequency output and extension value.

Front-firing 10” driver
Front-firing 3.5" high-flow port with inner/outer port flares
Amplifier: 300 watts RMS (720 watts peak)
Freq. Response: 19-270 Hz ±3dB
Premium black ash finish
Cloth grille with pin/cup retention system
Rigid and strong cabinet construction
Detachable power cord
Cabinet Dimensions: 18.9" (H) x 15" (W) x 19.4" (D) (without grille)
Overall Dimensions: 18.9" (H) x 15" (W) x 20" (D) (with grille)
Weight (unboxed): 46 pounds
Shipped Dimensions: 24" (H) x 24" (W) x 20" (D)
Shipped Weight: 60 pounds
https://www.svsound.com/products/pb-1000

--

SVS PB-2000 Subwoofer:
https://www.summithifi.com/products/svs ... -subwoofer ($939.59 + tax = $1,061.74 with HST or $986.57 with GST only in BC)
Room-shaking power and unprecedented low frequency extension down to 17 Hz while remaining a musical and accurate subwoofer. Featuring Ultra Series technology, the PB-2000 is driven by an unshakable 12-inch driver and 500 watts RMS, 1,100 watts peak power Sledge STA-500D DSP amplifier. Featuring Ultra Series technology, the SVS PB-2000 subwoofer unleashes effortless, commanding bass down to 17 Hz with exceptional detail and musicality. Sets all the performance benchmarks for a powered home theater subwoofer under $1,000 US.

Front-firing 12" driver
Amplifier: 500 watts RMS (1100 watts peak)
Freq. Response: 17-260 Hz ± 3 dB
Premium black ash finish
Protective non-resonant steel mesh grille
Rear-mounted amplifier
Screw-in rubber feet
Robust Medium Density Fiberboard(MDF) cabinet construction
Cabinet Dimensions: 20.9" (H) x 17.3" (W) x 23.2" (D) (without grille)
Overall Dimensions: 20.9" (H) x 17.3" (W) x 25.4" (D) (with grille).
Weight (unboxed): 65.6 pounds
Shipped Dimensions: 30" (H) x 23" (W) x 27" (D)
Shipped Weight: 82 pounds
https://www.svsound.com/products/pb-2000

Last edited by Elrondolio on Dec 3rd, 2019 12:40 pm, edited 26 times in total.
56 replies
Dec 13, 2017
341 posts
294 upvotes
After quite a while searching, I think the PB-1000 is one of the lowest priced ways to get that 20-30Hz range. Some manufacturers just post total frequency response, but that +/-3dB is the important bit if you're looking to get usable volume that low. Sure would be nice to find a cheaper alternative though Face With Stuck-out Tongue And Tightly-closed Eyes
Feb 22, 2015
527 posts
299 upvotes
Toronto
Great sub! Can make the house rattle when outputting 20Hz, which is pretty cool to witness.
Deal Addict
Jul 31, 2015
1881 posts
1824 upvotes
Maple leafs
Never had the 1000 series, I assume they are good in their classes like the pair of sb2000’s I have.

SVS makes quality gear
Dec 23, 2001
927 posts
125 upvotes
Thanks! Was looking for a sub upgrade!
Heat: 159-0-0
Deal Fanatic
Aug 29, 2001
6586 posts
1750 upvotes
rural ontario
I have one Pb-1000 , would a pair be better?
72 69 6c 6c 65 73
Dec 12, 2011
554 posts
481 upvotes
NEPEAN
rilles wrote: I have one Pb-1000 , would a pair be better?
Yes. In the past it was recommended that one sub is enough because the low frequencies are not directional; so you can place your sub anywhere in the room. Now, more and more "experts" state that even low frequencies are somewhat directional, so you need 2 subwoofers and you need to place them close to the left and right front speakers. That way ALL the sound is perceived coming from the same source (be it low frequencies and high ones).
May 12, 2011
598 posts
1158 upvotes
Calgary
Just warning that Amazon does not accept them back. Return policy doesnt work here because of big magnets.

The mice wept, pricked themselves, but couldn't stop eating the cactus.
Dec 13, 2017
341 posts
294 upvotes
wolandca wrote: Just warning that Amazon does not accept them back. Return policy doesnt work here because of big magnets.
Mine arrived with a broken power light a few months ago and I had no issues returning it. Though maybe that's only because it was defective and there's not much choice.
Deal Fanatic
Jul 1, 2009
6219 posts
15392 upvotes
ABB Midnight Rider
wolandca wrote: Just warning that Amazon does not accept them back. Return policy doesnt work here because of big magnets.
I've never returned any of my SVS subs or speakers but I'm 95% sure Quebec Acoustique, as an authorized SVS dealer, honours SVS's excellent policies:
https://www.svsound.com/pages/customer-service
Returns & Exchanges

SVS offers a 45-Day Risk-Free In-Home Trial as well as Free Shipping & Free Returns. This gives you time to fully evaluate your new SVS product, to make sure it’s a perfect fit. If for any reason you would like to return your SVS product, please contact SVS Customer Service within the 45-day audition period to arrange for a hassle-free return. SVS will even cover return shipping costs. The SVS product must be returned in like-new condition and in the original packaging. Return credits are issued within 24 hours of the item being received and inspected.

It'd be worth contacting them to verify if you think you'd want to try the 45 day trial or return this sub (I'd place a large wager that you'd keep this excellent sub - so does SVS, that's why they offer this warranty and trial).

Quebec Acoustique
643 Curé-Labelle Blvd
Blainville (Quebec)
J7C 2J3

1 855-508-2150
1 450-508-2150

Good luck!
Last edited by Elrondolio on Nov 30th, 2019 2:00 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Deal Expert
Mar 6, 2003
19713 posts
13577 upvotes
Ottawa
bach2266 wrote: Yes. In the past it was recommended that one sub is enough because the low frequencies are not directional; so you can place your sub anywhere in the room. Now, more and more "experts" state that even low frequencies are somewhat directional, so you need 2 subwoofers and you need to place them close to the left and right front speakers. That way ALL the sound is perceived coming from the same source (be it low frequencies and high ones).
No, this is not accurate. Bass is generally not regarded as directional below about 80Hz which commonly the operational bandwidth of a large sub. If you have a sub like this, you shouldn't be using a crossover above 80Hz.

Bass is NOT directional, but a bass wave can reinforce itself and cancel itself at various areas of the room (known as peaks and nulls due to "room modes" https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Room_modes). So having two or multiple subs can help even out the bass distribution. https://www.audioholics.com/subwoofer-s ... ibration-1

Placing two subs where your left and right speakers is not the correct advice either but sometimes it works out because placing subs in the corners or exactly midway along the side walls is usually a good start. https://www.audioholics.com/room-acoust ... coustics-1
Please update your profile to include your city https://forums.redflagdeals.com/ucp.php?i=ucp_profile&mode=profile_info
May 12, 2011
598 posts
1158 upvotes
Calgary
Elrondolio wrote: I've never returned any of my SVS subs or speakers but I'm 95% sure Quebec Acoustique, as an authorized SVS dealer, honours SVS's excellent policies:
https://www.svsound.com/pages/customer-service

It'd be worth contacting them to verify if you think you'd want to try the 45 day trial or return this sub (I'd place a large wager that you'd keep this excellent sub - so does SVS, that's why they offer this warranty and trial).

Quebec Acoustique
643 Curé-Labelle Blvd
Blainville (Quebec)
J7C 2J3

1 855-508-2150
1 450-508-2150

Good luck!
I already did that a year ago, snd they said -no. Trial is in US only.

The mice wept, pricked themselves, but couldn't stop eating the cactus.
Oct 17, 2007
205 posts
179 upvotes
Toronto
The SB-1000 still has the coupon to discount it to $635.
Jul 28, 2010
780 posts
1030 upvotes
Montreal
I can vouch for electronicforless. Actually contact them directly and you might get a better deal than the one advertised.
Nov 25, 2018
178 posts
36 upvotes
Can I use it with existing TV sound bar? I have Bose soundtouch 300 and vizio.

Thanks!!
Jul 25, 2017
223 posts
125 upvotes
Subink wrote: Can I use it with existing TV sound bar? I have Bose soundtouch 300 and vizio.

Thanks!!
no, only works with sound bar with sub out input, don't think those two have
Deal Fanatic
Jul 1, 2009
6219 posts
15392 upvotes
ABB Midnight Rider
Electronics for less is the same price for the PB-1000 with their BF2019 coupon after tax. I'll add it to the OP, thanks @zevnux.

SVS_PB-1000.jpg

Thread Information

There is currently 1 user viewing this thread. (0 members and 1 guest)