Hot Deals

[Summit tools] Bosch Dual glide 10 inch - $450

• Last Updated:
  • Jun 23rd, 2021 10:08 pm
Jun 15, 2021
2 posts
1 upvote
It seems that this is the week for discounts on the Bosch miter saws. Lowe's has CM10GD marked down to $499. I was able to get Home Depot to price match so that my price ended up being $449. I am happy with this deal.
Jan 13, 2014
70 posts
70 upvotes
Frood6d wrote: I was able to get Home Depot to price match so that my price ended up being $449.
On homedepot.ca it says the model is not sold in store. How did you manage to get it PM'd?
Jun 15, 2021
2 posts
1 upvote
Beleafer91 wrote: On homedepot.ca it says the model is not sold in store. How did you manage to get it PM'd?
They still sell it even though it’s not through the store. I requested the price match through customer support using text message channel. I have to say that it took about 5-6 hours between the wait time, the fact that they can process about one message per 10 minutes and I had to do it three times.

I had to do it three times because It took so long to get a reply that I missed the reply the first time.
Dec 10, 2012
253 posts
266 upvotes
Atlas has the 12" for 529 and I went to Lowes and they price matched, which was great with 10% off. So like 470 for the 12", which sells for 800$ elsewhere. Heck of a deal!
Deal Addict
Jan 2, 2012
3733 posts
2710 upvotes
KINGSTON,ON
Slawek wrote: Ryobi vs Rigid, if I want to start buying power tools which brand should I go with? I dont want a ton of different chargers. I already have a Bosch drill set but I dont want to continue with the Bosch brand (too expensive).

TIA
Ridgid, for the lifetime warranty and free replacement batteries. All the 18V batteries are compatible with all the chargers back to when the 18V were introduced.
You need to be organised. Register the tools/batteries, (and re-register when you get a replacement battery), and make sure that it was 'approved'.

I can't stress enough the value of the LSA. I've had, and I'm guessing here, about $2000 worth of repairs and replacements of my Ridgid tools since 2004. I use them professionally, so they get well used. Aba Tool Repair on Development Dr. is the authorised service depot, so you'll have no issue.
Deal Addict
Jan 13, 2009
1004 posts
462 upvotes
Slawek wrote: Ryobi vs Rigid, if I want to start buying power tools which brand should I go with? I dont want a ton of different chargers. I already have a Bosch drill set but I dont want to continue with the Bosch brand (too expensive).

TIA
I own a LOT of power tools and I am on a third MAJOR reno project in the last 4 years. I would say if I wanted to pick to a single brand, then definitely Ryobi. most of their tool have pretty good quality and the prices are amazing. from what I've seen Ridgid is somewhere in the middle, they are not cheap and they are not spectacular quality. however, if you are going to be doing a lot of work, I would recommend getting something more high end like DeWalt or Milwaukee or Makita for drill and impact driver. I haven't tried Ryobi's HP series driver, but their regular one from a few years ago was very low quality compared to Milwaukee M18. For miter saw I bought a used high end DeWalt. It was the right choice. It was not at all new at the time and so far it served me 4 years, and I bet it can survive another 4 years without any issues. however my secondary brand for battery powered tools is Milwaukee M18. I recently tried M12 and I am not impressed. Almost the same weight and much less power.

PS 10 inches is too small for a stationary miter saw. get something larger, unless you know for sure that 10 inches will be good enough for you.
Deal Addict
Aug 19, 2005
1793 posts
685 upvotes
Toronto

TIA
I'm in the same boat: Bosch drill / driver set, but looking to expand elsewhere. I think I'm going with RIDGID batteries for the lifetime warranty, and using a RIDGID to Ryobi adapter so I can get into that ecosystem if I need anything. Best of both worlds, as far as I can tell.
May 16, 2017
109 posts
31 upvotes
Calgary
Incredible deal!
How did you manage to do that? I tried and got rejected and the reason was they only do PM within 25km something.
Behacad wrote: Atlas has the 12" for 529 and I went to Lowes and they price matched, which was great with 10% off. So like 470 for the 12", which sells for 800$ elsewhere. Heck of a deal!
Dec 10, 2012
253 posts
266 upvotes
ironman21 wrote: Incredible deal!
How did you manage to do that? I tried and got rejected and the reason was they only do PM within 25km something.
Yes, the store I was matching with wasn't far from 25km away
Aug 15, 2018
14 posts
4 upvotes
How does the price matching work? is it 10% of the price difference? and 800$-530$ 10% is like 23$. How did u made it to 470$?
Behacad wrote: Atlas has the 12" for 529 and I went to Lowes and they price matched, which was great with 10% off. So like 470 for the 12", which sells for 800$ elsewhere. Heck of a deal!
Deal Addict
Dec 20, 2004
2739 posts
2399 upvotes
Montreal, QC
echristo wrote: How does the price matching work? is it 10% of the price difference? and 800$-530$ 10% is like 23$. How did u made it to 470$?
It's typically 10% off the lowest price.. So at $529, it would be $529-$52.90.. That is a nice price.

AGES ago, many places had a 10% off the difference policy for PM, but when HD came around, they made it 10% off the lowest price, and nearly all other PM policies from other stores no longer include a "beat" policy, just a match.

However HD used to be great for PM. Never had an issue up until recently. But last 2 times I tried PM (local Canadian Tire flyer price for that matter - since I was there for something else and too lazy to go across the street), they would only match, claiming that they don't beat by 10% when the item is on sale at the other place, they will only match. When I asked them to show me the policy that stated that exception (first time I had heard of it), it because a huge deal and got all sorts of attitude (huffs and puffs) from the cashier and one supervisor, so I just left the item at the cash, walked out and went to CT to buy it. It wasn't a huge amount and they got annoying.

I hate going on weekends, when they have all the clueless people working there (just to serve the masses). Weekdays during the day is the best. Usually the nice ones with all the experience are there on weekdays. They even try to save you a buck, and something they will even knock off a bit from items that are hard to find, just for the inconvenience.